Mormegil

Is flouride bad for you?

41 posts in this topic

Hey, 

flouride is one of the things people keep saying how bad it is for you, but I'm not sure if that's actually true or just fearmonguering (I even heard it can have a negative effect on the brain lol). 

Surely it must be good for your teeth, otherwise dentists wouldn't use it all the time.

But about other effects on the body I have no clue. I'm sure people here have more knowledge in this topic. :)

And what about aluminium?

i heard it’s linked to alzheimers but many deodorants still use it.

Hard to say, but better safe than sorry.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 22/03/2023 at 0:54 PM, Mormegil said:

Hey, 

flouride is one of the things people keep saying how bad it is for you, but I'm not sure if that's actually true or just fearmonguering (I even heard it can have a negative effect on the brain lol). 

Surely it must be good for your teeth, otherwise dentists wouldn't use it all the time.

But about other effects on the body I have no clue. I'm sure people here have more knowledge in this topic. :)

I avoid it largely. Gura said it. Maybe it's only a little, but a lil here and there makes a disease.

On 23/03/2023 at 3:16 AM, PurpleTree said:

And what about aluminium?

i heard it’s linked to alzheimers but many deodorants still use it.

word! stopped using 'em last year finally

You can't see even if it has bad affect on you when you consume fluoride. At least the releasing blocks, low level beliefs gives feeling better immediately and we see the process and we see on our body better health the next day.

I clearly noticed a positive shift in mood and overall well-being after quitting fluoride.

Fluoride makes everything a little more muddy, for lack of a better word - much like heavy metals and other toxins.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

I clearly noticed a positive shift in mood and overall well-being after quitting fluoride.

Fluoride makes everything a little more muddy, for lack of a better word - much like heavy metals and other toxins.

My dad quit fluoride many years ago and his teeth are yellow af now :D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I bet he's using coconut oil or something. Get him on that hydroxyapatite asap.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

I bet he's using coconut oil or something. Get him on that hydroxyapatite asap.

What is the research on that though? Micro and nano particles sounds scary :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What is the research on that though? Micro and nano particles sounds scary :)

https://askthedentist.com/hydroxyapatite-toothpaste/

All studies are cited in the article

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

19 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I floss, use organic mouthwash and don't consume any artificial sugar or sweeteners.

My teeth are already yellowish from years of smoking though, so there's not much on the line anyways :D

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 24.3.2023 at 11:05 PM, Nilsi said:

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad it's working for you.

I actually thought there would be some solid data out there that proof or debunk these rumours but it doesn't seem to be all that clear yet. I remember I heard this talk of fluoride being toxic about 15 years ago. Usually when I look this topic up I only find videos of people with scientific background that will tell you not to worry about it. But not sure if it's all that easy.

If what chatgpt says is true, then it is totally safe. 0.1 mg from toothpaste is nothing considering you get 2 to 3 mg from food.

Screenshot_20230326_130051.jpg

Screenshot_20230326_130152_com.microsoft.bing.jpg

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Sodium Fluoride is a Neurotoxin. The rabbit hole has yet to be found with this one.

As above so below, as within so without.

4 hours ago, M A J I said:

Sodium Fluoride is a Neurotoxin. The rabbit hole has yet to be found with this one.

Did you read my post. The rabbit hole doesn't exist. The amount of fluoride that you get from using toothpaste is negligible.

6 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Did you read my post. The rabbit hole doesn't exist. The amount of fluoride that you get from using toothpaste is negligible.

ChatGPT is like Noam Chomsky.

You ask it an interesting question in the hopes of getting a profound answer, but in actuality its just some lowest common denominator truism.

Its not designed to give cutting edge health advice - neither is the FDA/ministry of health (where it likely takes this information from).

Edited by Nilsi

@NilsiA simple google search will give you the same result from a trusted source. I trust chatgpt more than a person with a phd honestly. It does tell you if a certain information is not 100% accurate.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

14 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I do not need to read such posts, I can already see you lack depth in your research and findings.

As above so below, as within so without.

29 minutes ago, M A J I said:

I do not need to read such posts, I can already see you lack depth in your research and findings.

Lol

23 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I trust chatgpt more than a person with a phd honestly. It does tell you if a certain information is not 100% accurate.

Chat GPT can find stuff but how do you know it can make the accurate conclusions? I think you are putting yourself in harm's way by outsourcing all your critical thinking to AI not to mention it is a bit disempowering. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus