Someone here

It's time to say goodbye

40 posts in this topic

I think I have shared every single insight I have and every single question I have with you guys. 

I feel like I am addicted to this forum and it's affecting my study and my work. 

Also I might be afraid of solipsism because recently I had a weird experience in my sleep that made me feel like I was all alone. So I wanted to contemplate this issue alone by myself. 

I enjoyed every single conversation with all the members here and especially with Leo. I learned a lot by being here. But I feel like It's time to drop my attachment to this forum and jump into a more practical life. 

The main reason I'm leaving is because I do a lot of mental masturbation here without doing anything practical. And so the forum overall is a bit bad for my life at this point. I'm 26 now and this is a very crucial period of my life. My whole future hinges upon me doing my best or else I will not achieve my goals and my dreams. 

I enjoyed my time with you guys.. Where else In real life can I have conversations about God, metaphysics, solipsism, free will, spirituality etc...? But honestly I feel like I shared everything I want to share and now I'm just repeating myself and posting boring stuff. So I cannot continue. 

Anyways thanks to everyone who engaged with me in a meaningful respectful deep conversation. I appreciate everyone of you guys. 

I will be active for a couple of days to respond to any questions you may have. Then I will disappear.

Much love to yall ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

good luck and progress in life. As you say, it's crucial not to get distracted. We have to give our best or else life could take dark paths. Intuition, intelligence, courage, passion.

Always a pleasure to read a penetrating mind. have a nice vacations of the forum.

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall thanks bro. It was a pleasure reading your sophisticated posts and we had a lot of fun together. Wish you all the best and complete awakening ?

4 minutes ago, An young being said:

Good bye. But I don't think it's so easy to leave this addiction.

I know. But not coming back. I want to take my practical life seriously. Im gonna quit anything that Is not contributing to my life In a practical way. 

-Osho

@Devin thanks. 

-Osho

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

good luck and progress in life. As you say, it's crucial not to get distracted. We have to give our best or else life could take dark paths. Intuition, intelligence, courage, passion.

Always a pleasure to read a penetrating mind. have a nice vacations of the forum.

Life surprisingly takes care of itself. Impermanence for the win!!

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

I think I have shared every single insight I have and every single question I have with you guys. 

I feel like I am addicted to this forum and it's affecting my study and my work. 

Also I might be afraid of solipsism because recently I had a weird experience in my sleep that made me feel like I was all alone. So I wanted to contemplate this issue alone by myself. 

I enjoyed every single conversation with all the members here and especially with Leo. I learned a lot by being here. But I feel like It's time to drop my attachment to this forum and jump into a more practical life. 

The main reason I'm leaving is because I do a lot of mental masturbation here without doing anything practical. And so the forum overall is a bit bad for my life at this point. I'm 26 now and this is a very crucial period of my life. My whole future hinges upon me doing my best or else I will not achieve my goals and my dreams. 

I enjoyed my time with you guys.. Where else In real life can I have conversations about God, metaphysics, solipsism, free will, spirituality etc...? But honestly I feel like I shared everything I want to share and now I'm just repeating myself and posting boring stuff. So I cannot continue. 

Anyways thanks to everyone who engaged with me in a meaningful respectful deep conversation. I appreciate everyone of you guys. 

I will be active for a couple of days to respond to any questions you may have. Then I will disappear.

Much love to yall ?

Good luck!!! See you when you return!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

See you when you return

I won't. 

-Osho

@Someone here Top advice and insights from going from ground zero to success in your dating and relationship journey?

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

7 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

@Someone here Top advice and insights from going from ground zero to success in your dating and relationship journey?

1-get the hell out of your house. Start approaching today. This night. Stop procrastinating. 

2-dress well, smell well and get a nice haircut. 

3-do not memorize any pick up lines or openers. Be comfortable with your genuine vibe. 

4-be polite and don't talk about anything sexual, especially in the first date. 

5-make her laugh. If you succeeded in putting a smile on her face then you are 90% getting laid. 

6-ask her for another date and get her number. 

The rest will just take care of itself. 

Good luck! 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, 001 said:

why place so much energy into the forum?

just balance your life it's not that hard and the forum will not be an addiction.

For me it can't work. I post here daily. That's not what I should be doing at this point in my life. I must focus on getting a uni degree and escape poverty and other important stuff than mentally masturbating about how long is God's dick. 

-Osho

I don’t believe you. You’ll be back here shortly after.

If you do leave though, then good luck on your journey. 

8 minutes ago, michaelcycle00 said:

I don’t believe you. You’ll be back here shortly after.

We will see :)

For now all I can say is I made up my mind and I chose to focus on my life purpose which is to become a professional philosopher. And for that I have to work really hard and lessen my social media consumption and just make a fresh start. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, 001 said:

Interesting, what do professional philosophers do? 

are you going to make content or be a college professor?

Professional philosophers are just like Leo. They have their own body of work. Whether it's YouTube channel like leo or writing a book. 

Mostly  I will become a philosophy professor but Leo has said that philosophy done in academia is not real philosophy. Just like what you've been taught in school for fucking 20 years. Memorizing shit that you won't get to use even once in your adult life. 

-Osho

@Someone here

You will be back, but next time you will look actualized from different perspective. I think that people don't know or forget that taking breaks are part of actualized teachings to reflect on yourself and take actions.

Start from today. Don't even visit actualized.org for answering any questions.

I took one year break. It was awesome. But I think you should change your relationship with actualized.

But anyways. Wish you good luck. Start living your life!

Edited by Understander

I think your addiction to the forum has a root cause and You're not solving it by leaving the forum. It's up to You to figure out what it is. I'd guess that even if You leave this place forever You will soon find another way to satisfy the addiction.

Make sure You're not running away from the problem. Confront it. When this addiction of yours is not satisfied it will certainly come up to the surface. You will probably suffer because of that but You can decide to be persistently conscious of it and try to dissolve it.

You have it in You to pull through. But also there's no shame in retreating and deciding to fight this battle in another time. We'll welcome You back with no judgment if You return, because these battles are hard.

Good luck.

Edited by Sincerity

5 minutes ago, Understander said:

@Someone here

You will be back, but next time you will look actualized from different perspective. I think that people don't know or forget that taking breaks are part of actualized teachings to reflect on yourself and take actions.

Start from today. Don't even visit actualized.org for answering any questions.

Wish you good luck. Start living your life!

I've spent 2 years on this forum. It's been a great experience. And Leo kept telling me that I'm not doing the work and that I'm mentally masturbating. And that's true. So if I came back it would be after purchasing some psychedelics or having a huge awakening realization. Otherwise, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) there is really no point in me being here any more. 

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I think your addiction to the forum has a root cause and You're not solving it by leaving the forum. What is it? Idk, it's up to You to figure it out. I'd guess that even if You leave this place forever You will soon find another way to satisfy the addiction.

Make sure You're not running away from the problem. Confront it. When this addiction of yours is not satisfied it will certainly come up to the surface. You will probably suffer because of that but You can decide to be persistently conscious of it.

You have it in You to deal with it. But also there's no shame in retreating and deciding to fight this battle in another time. We'll welcome You back with no judgment if You return, because these battles are hard.

Good luck.

Thanks for the gentle comment. You are a wise dude. 

Well, the root cause is I simply have no clarity on what It is that I want. Do I want full awakening? If that's really what I want it's definitely not going to be by being In a internet forum and eating pop corn and posting half assed posts about awakening. 

The issue is I'm not awake. And I simply realized that one of the main reasons for that is me being on this forum. 

I also fundamentally disagree with Leo about Solipsism, idealism, god realization or whatever it was called. That's Not awakening. 

-Osho

@Someone here

Well, differentiate what you can learn and do without psychedelics. I also promised myself to not talk about awakenings until I start doing psychedelics. But there are lot of things you can learn from Leo even if psychedelics play huge part in his teachings. It's like, training yourself before doing the actual thing. Not saying to brainwash yourself. But I get why your leaving. Even though some things will be unresolved, you will start experiencing life. Maybe someday you wouldn't even need to come back. Maybe you will find a better way of doing spirituality, idk.

Also, don't be hasty about what's best for you. Just take a break.

Edited by Understander

52 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well, the root cause is I simply have no clarity on what It is that I want. Do I want full awakening? If that's really what I want it's definitely not going to be by being In a internet forum and eating pop corn and posting half assed posts about awakening. 

The issue is I'm not awake. And I simply realized that one of the main reasons for that is me being on this forum. 

I also fundamentally disagree with Leo about Solipsism, idealism, god realization or whatever it was called. That's Not awakening. 

Just be careful to not replace the time You would normally spend here with something more mindless like social media. I mean, if You really want to awaken, I think You'd better waste away your time here than there. :P There's a lotta good advice to be found on this forum.

I'm not stopping You tho. Good luck, it's all learning opportunity. ? You'll certainly learn a lot about yourself.

Edited by Sincerity

@Someone here man I will miss your posts! 

Hope one day you get access to psychedelics and share your Trip reports here. You have great potential for spiritual developement. You really can go deep into difficult topics and can contemplating a lot. I appreciate that

Edited by OBEler