Philipp

Are all Life Purposes just "burning through karma"?

3 posts in this topic

Is it correct, that all life purposes, as selfless as there are, are ultimatly just a selfish desire?

This would mean that all life purposes are just a way to burn through karma (of course much more developed than burning through the desire for sex, but still)  

Interesting thought, but I would say no. Burning through Karma applies to cravings or desires one has (as you mention).

Life Purpose is the meaning you create for yourself and which is based on your highest values. And true, your values might change over time, but I guess that's more because you are getting older and becoming more experienced in life overall.

After all, the concept of burning through Karma's only goal is to ultimetly  let go of stuff that keeps you in the relative domain, so to speak.

With your Life Purpose it's different. You do not try to overcome or burn through it. It has no other goal, other than sharing your gift and what you see as important with the world. 

Although you could say that in theory it's possible to reach a state where you are so detached from life that nothing matters to you anymore and there is no more passion or purpose. But I doubt this can actually be achieved by most humans. And I definetly would not recommend going about your Life Purpose with a goal like this in mind.

Edited by Mormegil

What makes a life purpose selfish is whether it's about your self-image, or others.

In the ultimate sense,  its both selfish and selfless because God is serving his own life purpose for himself, through himself, as himself - but concerning yourself with this will likely just lead you down mental masturbation lane!