caspex

On killing animals for meat and other products

91 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Devin said:

So if I kill a chicken, as in life ceases to exist, all life ceases to exist? No, life is a concept.

You are the entire chicken you are killing and the entire chicken only, in addition to being everything as well, and being nothing, neither and either. So I mean it's paradoxical but really it's just because reality has infinite dimensions to it. Saying you are everything and not just the chicken is a pretty narrow view don't you think? Even though it's also true.

24 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

You are the entire chicken you are killing and the entire chicken only, in addition to being everything as well, and being nothing, neither and either. So I mean it's paradoxical but really it's just because reality has infinite dimensions to it. Saying you are everything and not just the chicken is a pretty narrow view don't you think? Even though it's also true.

I don't see that, you sound solipsistic. But your thread is based on the aversion to pain and death right? Do you see the ego in that?

Edited by Devin

15 minutes ago, Devin said:

I don't see that, you sound solipsistic. But your thread is based on the aversion to pain and death right? Do you see the ego in that?

@Devin My thread is based on what it would take to accept the pain you feel when killing something, assuming you are conscious/empathetic enough to feel it's pain as your own.
What I said in my previous comment works even if you aren't seeing the world through solipsism. It doesn't suggest solipsism at all.

23 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

@Devin My thread is based on what it would take to accept the pain you feel when killing something, assuming you are conscious/empathetic enough to feel it's pain as your own.
What I said in my previous comment works even if you aren't seeing the world through solipsism. It doesn't suggest solipsism at all.

Saying  

1 hour ago, Swarnim said:

You are the entire chicken you are killing and the entire chicken only, 

25 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

pain you feel when killing something, assuming you are conscious/empathetic enough to feel it's pain as your own.

is solipsistic.

@Vibes It is truth think of the your world as a personalized video for your soul that you are watching and having to come to terms with what is happening. All of these things you see are part of god. You cannot stop what is happening you just have to come to terms with god. When you focus on god and are negative about it you cling to it. Instead of saying yes and moving on you are clinging to aspects of god by saying they are bad. Yes it happens just its just an illusion. No animal dies it cant die its just being released from its prison. Maybe the chicken last life was a peta person who was so focused on the suffering of chickens that it became a chicken because they are so focused on it and identify so strongly with it.you cant stop it from happening  its just happening stop focusing on fear and love fear it will turn into nothing ! This is how you make your life heaven ! By denying aspects of reality you are denying god and creating satan and hell.

If you had a scary witch dream that kept reoccurring you find out the best way to stop reoccurring dreams is to accept them and stop running from them. By saying things about the reality dream as bad you are not finishing them, they will continue until you accept them and love them and cry for them. The thoughts dont want to be evil we make them evil.

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo Thank you.

Is there an end to this accepting more and more process?

Edited by Vibes

@Vibes Someone posted a Bashar video here earlier and it enlightened me even further to the fact that we are living in personalized video games about acceptance and when we dont accept something as good we are actually identifying with it and keeping it a reality .Do whatever you want to do that is true to you and dont identify with negative ways you or others  look at it cause god dosent. Its all god whether you like it or not and god is love and acceptance. Do whatever you want to do. The universe will use symbols to communicate with you to what your karma is this is what karma is. Stop fighting the karma and accept the karma struggling with it just makes things grow worse and worse. Its literally like a dream but on another level. When we sleep our dreams try to help us with understanding of our higher selves which is us right now. This life right now is another dream using symbols to get us to come to understandings with our even higher selves . Just let go and ride the way with no negative thoughts and you will grow in vibration and frequency. Love yourselves and all negative beliefs. Good luck friend

Edited by Hojo

@Vibes Yes but you will dissapear. We are just little traumas inside of god we arent humans. Or you will dissapear as you know yourself. You will just become like you are dreaming life and never think about past or future again. You will become the pure self. and life will explode like a dream beautiful things will happen as you are riding the middle of the current of the ocean you are in. Or you could just wake up to your higher reality self because once the dreams traumas are cured there is no need to continue dreaming in the 3rd dimension because you solved all your deeper traumas in this dimension. 

Edited by Hojo

@Swarnim

My dad runs a factory chicken farm. He currently manages a meat production farm that produces around 300,000 poultry birds every 8 weeks. Their growth time to maturity is about 6-7 weeks and there is a 1-week clean-out and reset period for all the equipment and barns. 
My parents are relatively uneducated immigrant farmers and this was some of the only work they could get when we moved out of the third world.
I had to begin working there when I was about 12 or 13 years old. The first time I walked into one of those barns I choked and immediately had to run outside to take a breath and vomit.
The first lesson involved learning how to cull new chicks. Thousands of adorable, fluffy little munchkins were running around over a seemingly endless expanse of fresh sawdust, heated to perfection by large gas burners with industrial fans to cool them down if they get too hot.
We had to go in with buckets and find any sick, injured, or struggling ones and break their necks over the side of the bucket and watch their writhing bodies tumble down into the accumulating mass below. My mom didn't understand that you only had to break their necks and she actually pulled them clean off.
I think I cried for about 2 weeks. For the most part, their lives are pretty happy and easy. Once they reach maturity and take up all the space in the barns then their suffering really begins. 
It's difficult to breathe, the heat produced by the biomass of bodies and the fermenting shit can cause them to die of heat stroke. The ammonia in the shit burns their legs, skin, and feathers and they can't sit down. They only get 4 hours of darkness per day so they spend as much time as possible eating and drinking which provides them with some relief.
At this stage, you have to go in with a tractor each day to rotary hoe the manure to keep it as dry as possible. The stench and acidity can make it difficult to open your eyes sometimes. Their bodies are also much bigger and so culling them requires much more effort as you have to carry much more weight in your buckets.
I found an efficient way to break their necks over my boot, as occasionally a head will fall off and blood will piss out everywhere, or they shit and piss all over you while they are floundering about screaming, it's best to keep them as close to the ground as possible.
Interestingly, manure from factory farms is quite a crucial part of the fertilization necessary to run organic farms. I know this because my dad tried to quit this job and run an organic vegetable farm instead. There was plenty of suffering there as well, organic farms aren't the idyllic scenes of rolling prairies that people skip through with butterfly nets scooping up nature's bounty...
He went back to farming chickens. I don't want to work as a farmer at all and have since moved on. 

I once had a trip on about 150ug of LSD where I left my body and entered a swirling vortex of consciousness pertaining to environments like this. I became a chicken living in the squalor, scratching at wet burning shit and then clawing at the walls of Auschwitz engraving 'God is going to have to beg for my forgiveness in the blood that seeped off my fingertips. I was then caught and my neck was broken as my body shook violently (my actual body) and I tumbled down into what felt like diving into a pool of cool rich volcanic soil in a quiet countryside. Fresh green plants grew out of me and up to the light above. I then traveled up to a hyperdimensional realm, somewhat akin to the ending of this video.

Suffering is an intrinsic part of consciousness. I have experienced much worse in trips that will likely take me years to integrate. God's capacity for suffering is infinite, just like everything else.

Edited by MuadDib

22 hours ago, Devin said:

Saying  

is solipsistic.

@Devin It'd be solipsistic if I denied the existence of the chicken. What you quote from me suggests union instead.