caspex

On killing animals for meat and other products

91 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I will stab you in the skull with my dinner fork. Then let's talk.

good counter argument master but give it to other people.

stab me while I'm asleep  and I'm pretty sure I'll die with a smile ,forgiving you and in aww of this mysterious infinite genius existence.

Edited by Vasu Jaggi

4 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Just in general. Is this actually a real thing? Can you transcend your own pain and suffering this way

I'm sure it's possible. But not without super-human levels of hardcore training.

I don't see anyone here who's serious enough to achieve it. But maybe a handful might.

Is this a worthy pursuit or do you consider it a distraction from real Awakening?

It is not the same thing as Awakening. But it might be a worthwhile pursuit. I cannot say because I have not seriously pursued it. At least yet. Maybe in the future I will. But for now I have higher priorities.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm sure it's possible. But not without super-human levels of hardcore training.

I don't see anyone here who's serious enough to achieve it. But maybe a handful might.

It is not the same thing as Awakening. But it might be a worthwhile pursuit. I cannot say because I have not seriously pursued it. At least yet. Maybe in the future I will. But for now I have higher priorities.

I was just always drawn to and excited by stories like this. So I am wondering if I should set it as a long term goal for myself.

Ok, thanks you for advise 

1 minute ago, Vasu Jaggi said:

good counter argument master but give it to normal people.

stab me while I'm asleep  and I'm pretty sure I'll die with a smile ,forgiving you and in aww of this mysterious infinite genius existence.

What the hell is wrong with you guys in this forum?

Seems like you never suffered or experienced strong pain in your life. You live in a fantasy while minimizing pain, so you can feel safe.

You won't forgive your killer, you will be in despair and misery. You will forget your awakenings, you will suffer like anyone else.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I will stab you in the skull with my dinner fork. Then let's talk.

See above x2.

Of course you have to use fear to distract us from the truth. No other emotion can do it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But not without super-human levels of hardcore training

i guess i got lucky on that one. 

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Of course you have to use fear to distract us from the truth. No other emotion can do it.

ohhhhhhhh!

btw your bryon katie quote is so profound 

Edited by Vasu Jaggi

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

What you fear is pain.

2 minutes ago, Tanz said:

@Swarnim Animals killed in the name of science is tremendous, too in regards to medicine is concerned.  In some cases life-saving for humans, in other cases, it's used to give a man a boner.  

Even if you become a vegan you can not escape this unless you decide not to take any medicine at all and completely live off the land to lower your foot print.  

Agreed that nobody can be a complete vegan or even vegetarian for that matter, but choosing to murder two people instead of one is always better, and murdering a guy to save your own life is better than murdering a guy to steal his fortunes, although all of them are technically bad. Nobody can decide what is right or wrong, what is justifiable and what is not, what is a need and what is a desire, but if your conscience tells that you are doing something bad, don't do it. Don't try to justify doing it by comparing with something or somebody else. If your heart feels that it is wrong, then it's wrong for you. If your mind does the 'wrong' thing, you will regret it later.  ( I am not even talking about reincarnations, I am talking about this life).My heart says that I don't have to eat non vegetarian food, because there are many healthy and tasty alternatives available, so I don't eat it. I never try to convince others to be like me ( all my family members eat non veg), but if you choose to go in the direction of being a vegetarian or atleast reduce the consumption, I strongly encourage it.

A funny thing can happen with very strong determination sitting over a period of days or weeks. 

I am not sure how rare it is, but at some point the pain is seen as just another thing happening, the mind realises that in spite of the pain it is completely safe and untouched, and physical discomfort does not fade away but loses all of its significance.

This was, on the face of it, something that happened to me at some point in the story of "my life", before I realised it was all just a story.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Just now, axiom said:

A funny thing can happen with very strong determination sitting over a period of days or weeks. 

I am not sure how rare it is, but at some point the pain is seen as just another thing happening, the mind realises that in spite of the pain it is completely safe and untouched, and the pain does not fade away but loses all of its significance.

Have you done this yourself?

Or just heard of someone who did it?

3 minutes ago, Vibes said:

You've done it, have you ever got into drinking, or did you ever hate vegetables, working out, etc....

Edited by Devin

2 minutes ago, Vibes said:

I edited the post. Yes, it is something I have done myself. It was quite profound when it happened.

At some point on the "spiritual path" people often talk about "pure awareness". This was the recognition that 'I' seemed to be pure awareness. Pretty shocking at the time.

Apparently.

11 minutes ago, axiom said:

'I' seemed to be pure awareness.

and what can a fork in the eye do to the awareness. 

people are attached to their human self and it's future . they cant even let go of it when death becomes inescapable in a situation, let alone in their everyday lives.

Edited by Vasu Jaggi

@Vasu Jaggi Right, exactly. 

However later I realised that even awareness is not foundational.

What seems to be "awareness" is not what you (or anyone) thinks it is.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What you fear is pain.

Pain is a thought, not a feeling. When I became enlightened in 2019, this was the major theme of my awakening: all of reality is created by thoughts. Behind thoughts, Nothing exists. And all physical sensations are part of the illusion. No exceptions. This I’m aware of right now.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

later I realised that even awareness is not foundational.

have you elaborated upon it in some other post?

14 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Pain is a thought, not a feeling. When I became enlightened in 2019, this was the major theme of my awakening: all of reality is created by thoughts. Behind thoughts, Nothing exists. And all physical sensations are part of the illusion. No exceptions. This I’m aware of right now.

I don't care about your enlightenment in the context of this thread.

@Something Funny

Ah ok I see. I don't know but I think that when you practice meditation for years and you know how to enter to deep meditative states, it's sort of numb your body sensations because deep meditative states (or state of trance) prevent your mind from being too focused on physical pain.

Let Love In