Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

Radical Acceptance

8 posts in this topic

I have a personal struggle currently, well in reality all of my life I have struggled with it. I have been gifted many insights and much knowledge in my life, if I put my mind to it I could become a subject matter expert on anything I apply myself too. But I've noticed I have a certain quality that messes me up....I don't care about survival, so no matter what I learn I resist using it to manipulate to get what I want.

I hate all the games that humans play as I see them as unnecessary, convoluted, hypocritical and counter-productive. I've had this issue my whole life, which has stopped me from becoming wealthy because when ever I get close to any business model I see it fraught with under-handed tactics to gain approval, to gain credibility, etc.

What I struggle with is the radical acceptance that evil doesn't exist, and that it is a human concept, a projection of the societal conditioned mind used as a means to gain control and ensure the survival of society and all of its interconnected parts. If I don't overcome this hang-up I guess I will just end up living a life of simple means, since I really have no desire to become wealthy even though I have all the knowledge, and ability to actualize that if I wanted too. Such a shame, that manipulation is such a key component to making money. 

I'm still glad I found Spirituality as it validated my desire to be loving, kind, and compassionate as the fundamental building block of being able to cultivate love for yourself and as a result love for others and life. I respect the right of others to survive I just don't agree with some of their tactics but to each their own.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

At an absolute level there is no evil, but at a relative level yes. any deviation from total integrity is evil

7 hours ago, Squeekytoy said:

So you want to accept that evil doesn't exist, sothat you feel no qualms about doing things that you find loathsome, sothat you can make money? I think there's a few things backward in that line of thought.

You find those things loathsome because they are egoic. What you need is to stop trying to navigate life like an ego would. You are effectively trying to return to ways that you've left behind. That's not an option, and that's why you struggle with it. Not because you're hung up on accepting evil.

1. Ways I have left behind? Speak for yourself, I've never acted in the ways I have described, that's literally what I just said if you actually read what I posted. But you didn't you projected your own experiences into my post. You talk about ego....yet you intepreted from a place of ego just now, don't be so quick to give advice,,,,until you actually learn to drop your own ego and actually understand what is being presented.

2. Also again I am hung up on accepting evil, I literally just described that when you look at business models all require a sleight of hand, advertising for example requires exaggeration, omission, and a bit of theatre to truly stand out. When you look at almost anything such as dating, this too involves deception as well. All of nature and all of existence includes manipulation and deception of some kind, I'm aware of this but it doesn't make it easy to accept.                        

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

At an absolute level there is no evil, but at a relative level yes. any deviation from total integrity is evil

There is always some deviation from integrity at play for example, white lies are deviation. Even flirting is a deviation because what is being communicated is paradoxical and through the form of subtlety and if the person is too dense they can take it literally and be offended. If you try to be too honest and straightforward all the time, you would be killed or ostracized from society.

For example, walk around telling everyone how you feel without any filter at all times will put an end to all your relationships. Truth is the most dangerous thing in the world. The issue is yall don't really understand what I mean when I say truth, I mean perfect and complete honesty communicated in every moment, that standard....will get you killed.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Either you have transcended these needs or you do not accept the part of you that is like this and wants these things. Judging by you making this post, I'd bet that it is the latter. If you think that you are not like the evil you can't accept then think again. If you can't accept the evil outwards there is evil inwards you denounce.
I'd guess it has more to do with you than the concept of evil. But let's talk about accepting evil for a second.

Sure evil doesn't exist but telling yourself that is not accepting it. If you're gonna tell yourself that evil doesn't exist so you can accept other evil people then you're lying to yourself. To accept evil you need to agree that it exists, and be honest about your feelings towards evil, and love it regardless. What it truly means to love evil is to devote your time to understanding it and actually being evil. That's what accepting evil really means. Then only, after accepting it this radically, is it valid to go for realizing that it doesn't exist at all, because ultimately every being wants dissolution. If you skip that part then can you really say you have accepted evil?

Edited by Swarnim

On 2023-03-20 at 6:20 PM, Razard86 said:

Such a shame, that manipulation is such a key component to making money. 

I don't really see it as a key component. Sure you can use manipulation to make money but in essence isn't money just a tool for trading goods and services? And if you have a commodity that people are willing to buy then where's the evil in that?

On 20/03/2023 at 5:20 PM, Razard86 said:

since I really have no desire to become wealthy even though I have all the knowledge, and ability to actualize that if I wanted too. Such a shame, that manipulation is such a key component to making money. 

You might think you'd be able to become wealthy by starting your own business, but most fail.

It takes a certain kind of genius to make money.

Apparently.

My net worth is a million dollars. I am an entrepreneur. Out of necessity because I'm too socially awkward to work for anyone else.

Edited by OldManCorcoran