StarStruck

What ereader do you use?

11 posts in this topic

I'm in the market for a new ereader. My current one broke down.

In Tate we trust

I use a Kobo Sage ereader. I only use that model because I also use it for journaling. 

• I liked Kobo because it isn't as tied to Amazon like Kindel is. 
  • It's good for buying books directly from publishers like Delphi Classics.
  • The annotation system is very easy to use and refer back to later.

Kindle's recent software updates got rid of mobi files and now accepts the vastly more popular epub.

In addition to the fact that you can regularly pick up a used kindle for $35 or so on sale... I'm happy

Edited by PenguinPablo

I've been using Adobe Digital Editions to read borrowed ebooks. It's generally okay but it has a huge flaw: it resets the book and clears all my notes when the loan expires, so when I renew the loan, I will have zero of my precious notes left.

If there's an app that allows you to keep the god damn notes after renewing the loan, I'm more than happy to even pay for it. Also tried Bluefire Reader, no shot with that one either. 

Would appreciate if someone had some info to share.

3 hours ago, Snader said:

I've been using Adobe Digital Editions to read borrowed ebooks. It's generally okay but it has a huge flaw: it resets the book and clears all my notes when the loan expires, so when I renew the loan, I will have zero of my precious notes left.

If there's an app that allows you to keep the god damn notes after renewing the loan, I'm more than happy to even pay for it. Also tried Bluefire Reader, no shot with that one either. 

Would appreciate if someone had some info to share.

I hacked ADE. This allows you to keep the ebook forever. Then I put it in my pocketbook. It was a great device to underline stuff but not a great device to type notes in. That is why I usually underline and not write notes.

In Tate we trust

13 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I hacked ADE. This allows you to keep the ebook forever. Then I put it in my pocketbook. It was a great device to underline stuff but not a great device to type notes in. That is why I usually underline and not write notes.

Cool. Unfortunately I’m not such a hacker man myself :(

Yeah, It’s easy and quick to line stuff but the noting feature is garbage.

1 hour ago, Snader said:

Cool. Unfortunately I’m not such a hacker man myself :(

Yeah, It’s easy and quick to line stuff but the noting feature is garbage.

Come on. You are a mod. It should be easy for you. 

In Tate we trust

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Come on. You are a mod. It should be easy for you. 

It was easy to hack through Leo’s firewall and make myself a mod. Adobe is not that easy ?

4 minutes ago, Snader said:

It was easy to hack through Leo’s firewall and make myself a mod. Adobe is not that easy ?

You have access to inner circle of infinite consciousness and wisdom. Don't play games with us.

In Tate we trust

Kindle Paperwhite 8th or 9th edition (whichever's the latest).

I bought it pretty much when it released. At that time I didn't own an eReader, and I used to have an older version of that same model, six or so years ago. Overall, I prefer paperbacks or audiobooks over digital. Having an eReader allows me to save up a lot of money that would otherwise go to shipping costs, which could sometimes be almost as costly as the book itself.

Edited by UnbornTao