Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shubhamsharma

Spirituality.

6 posts in this topic

So, I moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in 2018 September from India, Punjab, Dasuya for my education purposes and I opted Business administration diploma for my education. It was a huge change for me moving from India to Canada Nova Scotia. In this 4 and half years I have tried magic mushrooms, LSD, DMT, 5meo DMT, hash/weed. I worked mostly in the kitchen, I thought about going back to India a lot of times but my last trip of 5meo was very intense and I finally decided to move back to India. I didn't find any meaning in the kitchen job and didn't know what I was doing. I felt like I am just wasting my time and energy and just making rich people more rich and just surviving bare minimum. I want to pursue spirituality full time and just bask in my own being for a while. Any comments on pursuing spirituality in a 3rd world country like India? 

What better place then India? You ever visit the Himalayas or North India? India and the surrounding countries are highly spiritual in general. Just not in the busy places or cities of course. Real spiritually is usually experienced the opposite path from the crowds.

As above so below, as within so without.

@M A J I I am from north India. I was born 8 hours away on bus from Himalayas. I am restarting my life again and I am 27. I am thinking to visit Himalayas and Nepal. 

@M A J I yes and no. I think Himalayas would be good to understand your deep emotional problems and to do catharsis (technique that Osho describes) and to meditate but as @Leo Gura said the real crux is living in the society and contributing in the society in a healthy manner. :)

I agree with Leo. There's nothing wrong with giving yourself a break from the world for a while, and focusing on the inward journey. No matter where you are, you can only do that here and now.

However, life is about living. It is easy to believe that you are enlightened within a secluded cave in the Himalayas, but the candle is only tested when the wind blows.

Go to the Wildwoods for a while, and hone your attention within. Restore yourself, then return to the city and help others do the same.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 hours ago, shubhamsharma said:

@M A J I yes and no. I think Himalayas would be good to understand your deep emotional problems and to do catharsis (technique that Osho describes) and to meditate but as @Leo Gura said the real crux is living in the society and contributing in the society in a healthy manner. :)

Not for everyone. Some go in solitude to act as (space holders) for the planet/s and are doing more "energetic" work on a higher spiritual level. Others come back into the cities/society to bring that energy down into the physical and blend in more with the physical world as some of us do.

There are many great sages out there that have had a huge Impact on the world but few know them like Tat Wale Baba for example.

Often it takes the time away/alone to be able to get to these higher states of consciousness initially.

How you utilize and go about it afterwards is entirely up to you and your understanding of what you need to do.

One who is Established deeper within the Self/True Self is already more Impactful and helpful to the world even if he/she is sitting in a cave in solitude to one like Sadghuru who has just tasted the surface layers and speaking to millions in the cities.

Its all about DEPTH in the end that makes the greatest impact.

There are no right or wrongs.

As above so below, as within so without.