MarkKol

Are dry fruits any worse?

14 posts in this topic

Is dry fruit any worse than fresh? I live quite far from the nearest city so ordering online saves me so much time (only dry fruit is available). And I want to get a good diet going, part of my high value man goal.

I realized that so many people throw in random berries and fruit in their shakes.

I heard they're worse, but seemingly only because you can eat a lot more of them, and nothing else... which is not a valid point in my opinion.

Edited by MarkKol

I think a lot of it will come down to what you are getting. Something like a goji berry is going to be still be beneficial dried. Same thing with dates as well. I personally really enjoy dried jackfruit. 

I am not sure on all of the research, but I would not want to be consuming large amounts of dried fruits. There still will be some benefits and it is better, than junk foods.

Also, be very wary of added sugars onto the dried fruits and any other additives. You want the most pure fruits. 

It would be worth exploring all of the local stores and seeing what kind of fruit and veggies they offer. Sometimes some will have a surprising selection that you won't know of. 

I am in the US, so my experience might vary. What country are you in? 

Edited by Average Investor

8 hours ago, Average Investor said:

What country are you in? 

Croatia, although a very underdeveloped part of it (for now, I'm thinking of moving in the next year or so)

Dried fruits are healthy and are considered positive pranic food. They are highly nutritious (almost like fresh fruits), and I think that some of them contain even more vitamins and minerals than their fresh forms.

Apart from consuming them in moderation because of the natural sugar amount and being aware to the addition of chemicals and sugar that may be added in the process of preparing them, I don't think that there is problem with eating them.

I usually eat dried dates, figs, cranberries, plums and raisins. I consume them on a daily basis with nuts and oatmeal porridge in the morning or as a snack when I want something sweet.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

@MarkKol I would suggest investing into stuff to grow microgreens. Search on youtube for how to grow microgreens. 

This is going to be a much more affordable way for you to get a lot of nutrients. 

3 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I would suggest investing into stuff to grow microgreens. Search on youtube for how to grow microgreens. 

This is going to be a much more affordable way for you to get a lot of nutrients. 

Heard about that, indoors right?

Edited by MarkKol

There is quite a big difference energetically because the "life-force" and the water-enzymes, many "living" constituents have been destroyed/removed, faded-out, from the drying and storing process. If you eat a fresh orange from a tree you will feel 100x more energized than dried orange that's been sitting for months. No water, hydration, oxygen ect...

The whole ordeal around fruit is the cleansing/detoxifying and energetically/electrically nourishing aspects and these are mostly "active" during the fresh and "alive" state.

If you have no option, Frozen is a bit better, freeze-dried is best.

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

Dried food is survival food. You won’t thrive on it but it is better than nothing. 

In Tate we trust

Could you get some from local farms, local stores etc? Fresh is usually better as dried can often be treated with sulphates and often has a glazing of added sugar as mentioned above. 

Alternatively, are there any deliveries you could do? Like have bulk fruits and veg delivered, the types that last for a while? 

Dried fruit is fine but I think if you can get fresh at least some days, it might be better

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Some dried fruit has sulfur dioxide and other sulphur compounds. It's not toxic but not great. Washing in hot water can reduce it.

Very bad for people who have asthma. Some other people miss the enzyme to break down sulfur dioxide. They can get head ache, nausea, diarrhea.

Be aware that your body needs sulphur (MSM Methylsulfonylmethan, like in onions, dairy etc.) but not sulfur dioxide.

Yeah they are a little bit worse. 

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

what is the problem with fruit?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

They're fine. I eat organic dried mango (heavenly taste) and apricots (very good potassium source) every day. And sometimes prunes (dried plums).

Edited by The0Self