LSD-Rumi

Suffering is the best teacher

53 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Nobody needs Love, but to realize the unconditional Love that we already are. You already realize this,

I didn't just realize it, I got Loved.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

During my years of mental illness, I have always believed that Love is the case and life is love but that didn't help me very much. I needed to experience love to heal.

Beliefs are born of the mind and lead to suffering, not healing. Experiencing Love is not a belief, it is direct realization of your true nature.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I didn't just realize it, I got Loved.

When the Subject <> Object duality collapses, there is only Love. No God loving you, no you loving God, only Love. Enlightenment is Love being itself unconditionally, even from within its dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Squeekytoy said:

@Moksha So what you're saying is that we need love...

We don't need love, we are Love. It is our essence. Within the dream, we need to first realize that we are not our thoughts, our feelings (including the human emotion that we call love), or our experiences. These are only attachments that suffocate us. We are not the character in the dream with all of its melodrama.

When you realize what you are not, and realize that identifying with the character has only created suffering, you are preparing to realize what you actually are. Trapped within the character's perspective, this realization feels like death, but it is not. What was never born cannot die. It is the unveiling of the absolute radiance of your true nature. You are finally free from the conditioned stormclouds that have commanded your attention and obscured you all of your dreaming life.

This dawning is not only possible within the dream, but it is the culmination of it. There is no clearer way of living than in the flow state of yourself, which is unconditional Love.

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

we are Love

But what do you do before that realization?

You are admitting that we need love.

Love needs love to realize it can love itself to be able to realize that it's love.

Edited by Understander

14 hours ago, Moksha said:

When the Subject <> Object duality collapses, there is only Love. No God loving you, no you loving God, only Love. Enlightenment is Love being itself unconditionally, even from within its dream.

Long before anyone will ever Awaken, they need love from others around them. People who don't receive love will never make it to Awakening.

One of the reasons for all my success in this field is that I had the most loving mother in the world. This allowed me to be ruthless in my pursuit of Truth. Without love you will be too weak to pursue Truth. That's like asking a starving man to pursue academia.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

suffering is the belief the outside world can do anything for you ... its end is you realizing what you are and then enjoying the best dream ever

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

suffering is the belief the outside world can do anything for you ... its end is you realizing what you are and then enjoying the best dream ever

Suffering is rooted deeply in the human design. You cannot just transcend it by spiritual talk. Only few people on earth really transceded suffering or maybe there is none, who knows.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

One of the reasons for all my success in this field is that I had the most loving mother in the world. This allowed me to be ruthless in my pursuit of Truth. Without love you will be too weak to pursue Truth. That's like asking a starving man to pursue academia.

That hit me hard. My mother was with me the whole time when I was struggling with autism and my mental health conditions. She never gave up, and allowed me to make all the mistakes I needed to make to get to where I am now. 

We are both in a much better place in our lives, and your work is a major reason for that. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Suffering is rooted deeply in the human design. You cannot just transcend it by spiritual talk. Only few people on earth really transceded suffering or maybe there is none, how knows.

looking outside is repeating the past, contemplate that

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Suffering is rooted deeply in the human design. You cannot just transcend it by spiritual talk. Only few people on earth really transceded suffering or maybe there is none, who knows.

20 hours ago, Moksha said:

On 19/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

The human psyche is very complex. we are extremely sensitive emotionally, and we are thrown into the arena. people create shells and never come out of them. the lack of love creates pain and in the face of pain the person protects himself. no one has all the love they need. human love, when you leave childhood (if you have been lucky and have been truly loved in childhood, that is not so rare) you enter the desert. in an emotional enigma with a very difficult solution. the only solution is awakening. the rest is misery. human life is basically happy childhood, then misery.

@Breakingthewall I don't think awkening can slove the suffering problem unless it is a very high level of awakening. Suffering is deeply rooted in our bodies.

4 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Breakingthewall I don't think awkening can slove the suffering problem unless it is a very high level of awakening. Suffering is deeply rooted in our bodies.

Awakening has to be in an absolute level.  

Most think that they are happy when they are very miserable. We have a great talent to hide ourselves the truth 

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I think you're confusing pain with suffering. You can feel pain without suffering.

3 minutes ago, Israfil said:

I think you're confusing pain with suffering. You can feel pain without suffering.

In a sense though, writhing on the floor because your arm was just cut off is suffering..it's not a holistic or long term suffering (although there is still the aftermath and the psychological aspect of losing your arm) so it's still a form of suffering.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Suffering is wishing your arm wasn't cut off. Writhing on the floor because your arm was cut off is pain. Suffering is the rejection of circumstances, a common, but not a necessary reaction to pain.

20 minutes ago, Israfil said:

Yeah but pain is a very powerful thing, you cannot easily transcend it. With spiritual work, you bascially increase your ability to tolerate pain but transceding it is a whole other game

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Yeah but pain is a very powerful thing, you cannot easily transcend it. With spiritual work, you bascially increase your ability to tolerate pain but transceding it is a whole other game

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

21 hours ago, Moksha said:

On 19/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Why you fear the pain when 99,999% of time there is no pain?

9 minutes ago, Israfil said:

Suffering is wishing your arm wasn't cut off. Writhing on the floor because your arm was cut off is pain. Suffering is the rejection of circumstances, a common, but not a necessary reaction to pain.

You can view it that way but you can also view pain as a subset or type of suffering.   For the guy who doesn't feel physical pain (its a real phenomenon)  he wouldn't have this subset of suffering...but he can suffer as you say, by rejecting circumstances.  It just depends on your definition of suffering.  Which is relative.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Why you fear the pain when 99,999% of time there is no pain?

I don't fear pain. I am just explaining the mechanics of pain and suffering. Most spiritual people think they transcended pain and suffering when they didn't. Life can be very brutal, I am just expalining that.