Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epikur

Chris Langan on IQ, The Singularity, Free Will, Psychedelics, CTMU, and God

23 posts in this topic

"The world's smartest man". Lol. He's not even awake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This guy is a conspiracy theorist and many of his theories have been incorrect. He really seems divorced from reality.

Besides, what actual positive changes has he really made to the world?

Has he developed some profoundly brilliant idea or made some historic discovery for humanity like how Einstein or Newton or Socrates or Leonardo Da Vinci did? Is he some kind of geneticist, evolutionary biologist, physiologist, or highly competent medical doctor? Is he a genius architect like Frank Lloyd Wright or genius engineer like Gustave Eiffel who designed and constructed a monumental historic building or structure? Is he a military genius? Did he create some truly unique and creative art piece like Picasso or Marcelle Duchamp did? Is he an elite level jazz musician or some kind of Mozart level classical music composer? Has he written poetry that's truly genius of Edgar Allen Poe or written brilliant novels like Ernest Hemingway? Did he figure out some new mathematically theory that has really changed the world of math and sciences? Is he a brilliant historian or social science expert? Has he developed some new kind high-level computer technology that no one else ever thought of before like Bill Gates Or Steve Jobs did? Is he even a computer scientist or computer engineer? Is he a professor or researcher of any subject at some top university or college? Does he even teach at any school? Is he some kind of top economist? Has he even created a highly successful business of his own? Has he even done any kind of brilliant political activism or campaign strategies that have benefited the people of our country?

His academic credentials are not even that impressive.

It's not like he has proven himself to be anywhere near as intelligent or as wise as someone like Noam Chomsky. Doesn't even seen as smart and highly educated in the Sciences as say someone like Sanjay Gupta or Dr. Fauci.

He hasn't done anything that's heroic or admirable like a soldier, military veteran, honorable police officer, intelligence officer, firefighter, who served as a member of the government to protect the citizens of our country from all kinds of dangers. He's never done anything that's been praiseworthy like a good politician who passed laws or made policies that really improved the well-being and fairness of all of their constituents. He's not even some kind of lawyer who brought some kind of justice that a certain criminal would deserve. He also not some high quality journalist who either does their due diligence to deliver current event facts or investigates what corruption or unjust situations are going on behind scenes with some kind of business or gangs and makes good faith intelligent arguments to the people.

So, why is he "the world's smartest man" and what great things has he actually done for the good of mankind?

Edited by Hardkill

His model is pretty good. He's a lot smarter than most scientists. But no model is anything close to God-Realization.

It is amusing that "the world's smartest man" is a Trump supporter.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

His model is pretty good. But no model is anything close to God-Realization.

Okay, but what has that done for society as a whole?

Besides, he's been known for spreading all kind of toxic alt-right conspiracy theories.

Edited by Hardkill

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Okay, but what has that done for society as a whole?

Why should that matter? He presented a sophisticated model. If it is true then it is a valuable contribution.

If I wasn't as conscious as I am, I would find his model quite impressive. He did about as good as you can do with logic.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why should that matter? He presented a sophisticated model. If it is true then it is a valuable contribution.

Then, why haven't they already been approved by the consensus of any of the top experts of philosophy out there in the world?

Besides, isn't it a cause for concern that he's supported all kind of scary alt-right conspiracy theories like the 9/11 Truther Movement, white Genocide conspiracy Theory, opposition to interracial marriage, and antisemitic dog whistles? How about the fact that a lot of alt-right extremists have followed his work?

Edited by Hardkill

10 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Then, why haven't they already been approved by the consensus of any of the top experts of philosophy out there in the world?

Why hasn't my work been approved?

Besides, isn't it a cause for concern that he's supported all kind of scary alt-right conspiracy theories like the 9/11 Truther Movement, white Genocide conspiracy Theory, opposition to interracial marriage, and antisemitic dog whistles? How about the fact that a lot of alt-right extremists have followed his work?

His politics is trashy.

It's hard to find people with sophisticated politics.

You guys sorta take my advanced politics for granted.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why hasn't my work been approved?

His politics is trashy.

Well, your work has been substantiated by a compilation of sources from numerous top experts throughout history. Also, I don't think you have developed any kind of off-the-wall theories that no serious intellectual out there would even seriously consider.

I don't know. I am deeply skeptical about Chris Langan being some kind of true genius.

Furthermore, if he was truly intelligent like how you've talked about true intelligence, then why is his politics the same kind as that of some kind of dumb MAGA zombie or redneck?

Would you even consider Chris Langan as a stage yellow thinker?

Edited by Hardkill

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I am deeply skeptical about Chris Langan being some kind of true genius.

He definitely has some genius to him. But genius can be a narrow thing. Appreciate the good parts and leave the bad.

Edited by Leo Gura

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys sorta take my advanced politics for granted.

To be honest, as much as I disapprove of your teaching style and many of the things you say, your politics are consistently top tier. Simply by the fact that you aren't a Trump supporter, anti vaxxer or conspiracy theorist. Which is like 90% of spiritual teachers for some reason.

Edited by spiritual memes

13 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Simply by the fact that you aren't a Trump supporter, anti vaxxer or conspiracy theorist.

It's hard to dodge all 3 of those bullets in the spiritual space.

Because spiritual people do not actually think. They subscribe to one dogma or another. 95% of spirituality is dogma. And I'm not talking about religion. I mean the non-religious stuff. All of nonduality and Buddhism is dogma. These people are not seriously thinking. The dogma tells them not to think and they follow it. It's the most devious kind of self-deception.

You can be the best meditator in the world, but that doesn't mean you know how to think.

Edited by Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because spiritual people do not actually think. They subscribe to one dogma or another. 95% of spirituality is dogma. And I'm not talking about religion. I mean the non-religious stuff. All of nonduality and Buddhism is dogma. These people are not seriously thinking. The dogma tells them not to think and they follow it. It's the most devious kind of self-deception.

Yeah It's kind of depressing how little spirituality affects political views. Zen masters openly supported japanese imperialism and Buddhists perpetrated genocide in Myanmar. Really put me off Buddhism and zen. were those people awake? and is it possible for awakened people to support fascism and genocide and other devilry?

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can be the best meditator in the world, but that doesn't mean you know how to think.

Still looking forward to that video on how to think. ?

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

1 hour ago, spiritual memes said:

Yeah It's kind of depressing how little spirituality affects political views. Zen masters openly supported japanese imperialism and Buddhists perpetrated genocide in Myanmar. Really put me off Buddhism and zen. were those people awake? and is it possible for awakened people to support fascism and genocide and other devilry?

They had some level of awakening. But awakening has very little to do with politics or governance.

Of course it's possible for them to support fascism. Ramaji is a Trump supporter. Obviously they don't think it's fascism in their minds. Nobody votes for genocide. It happens through miscalculation and ignorance.

1 hour ago, ZenSwift said:

Still looking forward to that video on how to think. ?

That's a hard video to do. I've been trying to approach it.

Edited by Leo Gura

Chris Langan & Bernardo Kastrup on Consciousness, Metaphysics, & God - Theory of Every0ne 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5jVgsdAim8

Is Christopher Langan A Fraud?

Read the yt comments where Langan and the other guys post some funny stuff

Langan:

Let me get this straight. Am I being ruthlessly impugned by a couple of pencil-necked nobodies who have no idea who I am, why I was publicized, how my IQ was determined (I broke the ceiling of the WAIS on national television for ABC News - the show was 20/20, circa 1999/2000, and have never cheated on an intelligence test but have instead been cheated), what papers I've written (and published in academic journals), what ideas I've authored (e.g., I was the first to publish an application of the simulation hypothesis in 1989), or anything else about me? In any case, it's hard not to draw unpleasant conclusions about the two of you on the basis of your captioning and introductory remarks.

I hate to seem unkind, but you look and sound like a couple of disgruntled and not especially bright trolls who were completely sucked in by other trolls peddling tripe and defamation on the Internet (unfortunately including Wikipedia). I guess I'd better watch this just to make sure there's no actionable slander. ;-)

automachination:

YT deleted my initial comment in response to Chris's pinned comment, so here it is again. These are the contents of the "filthy sewer mouth" that triggered his meltdown: Hey numb-nuts, you once again reveal your lack of communication skills. "Ruthlessly impugned" suggests we did not state facts, but made gross misstatements. What you ACTUALLY meant to say was that we were unflattering towards you. And?? A real shame that your memory-game jerk sessions did not confer the ability to use words appropriately, or else this video would have gone a whole lot differently. It's funny hearing that Dan Schneider is a nobody. If I provide a handful of his sonnets (or anyone's poetry, really), would you even be able understand what you're reading? Wait, do you even know what a sonnet is? Lol.

Perhaps your Homer Simpson skull allows you to play word-games with sycophants even dumber than you are, but that's it. Had you been capable of more, you would have done that instead of wasting your life on COVID disinformation & cathedrals built atop hot air. Look at how emotional your comment is. We spend, what, 10 seconds casting doubt on your IQ score, then spend the vast bulk of the video still taking your word for it. Know why? Because your IQ is irrelevant to the claims being made, claims you do not address in your comment because you need to reflexively grab on to IQ like a security blanket. You big baby. You're 2X my age but still need to wear a diaper, like a scat fetishist......

Edited by Leo Gura

Langan is definitely not a fraud. That's such a dumb and slanderous claim.

Langan has some very good ideas.

The problem I think for those evaluating him is that they cannot fathom the notion that God is real. With that starting point you cannot appreciate Langan's genius. But it is a huge point in Langan's favor that he makes God central to his model.

The IQ flexing is pretty silly. IQ is not a true measure of intelligence nor consciousness. What matters is not IQ but consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

His ego is the problem. He thinks he is so smart he can skip learning from others and figure out everything from ground zero by himself. Surprise, surprise, it doesn't work, as seen by observing his political takes. It turns out that even the smartest monkey is still a monkey with very limited capabilities compared to the complexity of social and physical realities.

4 minutes ago, Girzo said:

he can skip learning from others and figure out everything from ground zero by himself.

That's not a bad approach. That's basically what is required for God-Realization. Of course you should learn from others along the way, but mostly you should think from scratch to avoid human contamination.

@Leo Gura It won't fly when analyzing society, and in many other branches of science, too. To know what happens in society you need a lot of data, you can't collect it yourself, it's too much work and resources. Available data has been collected by making use of certain methodologies and for use with certain pre-existing theoretical models. It's already heavily "human contaminated" by this point.