DefinitelyNotARobot

What separates Truth from separation?

8 posts in this topic

Does this question exist? Or these words for that matter? To say that there is a question, or anyTHING really, already assumes that there is more to this than this, (this just meaning existence itself) if that makes sense. So what is this?

Is this a word? Is this a human typing something on a laptop? Is it nothing, is it everything, is it both, neither? What the hell is this? When I say that there is an object inside a room, I'm basically, in that moment, limiting this to being "an" "object" "inside" "a" "room" and "not" "something" "else". I don't know how that makes any sense, but it intuitively makes sense to me somehow. To say that there is anything happening here, like someone writing down a question, or someone reading that question, is to say that there is more to this than... well just this. It becomes this + whatever is happening. As if there was this extra layer of separation added onto reality.

But what separates Truth from separation? When people talk about separation, they talk about it as if it was some kind of curtain veiling Truth. It being other than Truth. But how can there be anything other than Truth? How can there be a Truth+? Like did God get high and just went "Yo Imma totally drop a DLC like right now"?

When I think of oneness, I think about the absence of separation, but reality is already one, isn't it? So is trying to move away from separation, like there is a you that exists independently of it, in its separate little bubble (kind of ironic), ever the way? How do you approach separation from a more holistic angle? An angle which encompasses it in the spiritual journey? 

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

What separates the truth and limits it is you. You are a limiter made up of a perception and memory system. you encapsulate reality and make it something definite. You are reality but at the same time you are the cage. erase the cage and the absolute truth remains

Ultimately, low consciousness is a relative phenomenon. It only exists relative to a higher consciousness, which then has to imagine a lower consciousness. There is really no such thing as low consciousness outside of your imagination of it. In order to perceive low consciousness you must always be in a higher state of consciousness, that's the catch-22.

Consciousness is able to recontextualize itself through a removal of layered beliefs and imagination. For example, a child who believes in Santa Claus is imagining two things simultaneously: An image of Santa Claus, and also a belief in Santa Claus. In this scenario, they are aware of the image as imagination, but they are unaware of the belief as imagination. When a child believes in Santa Claus, their belief becomes true, but only to the extent that a belief can be true. For example, believing a table exists will not create a physical table in front of you, it will only recontextualize some way a table could exist that fits in with what a belief can exist as. When the child meets Santa Claus at the mall, their belief recontextualizes that Santa Claus to be a real and physical Santa Claus. The adults see it as just some old guy in a costume, because their belief has recontextualized it in a different way, and so it exists in that way for the adults, but not the child.

Ultimately, Santa Claus becomes true. But always only as a belief. And also, not all recontextualization happens just through imagination, that's just one way for it to happen.

Separation exists, that much is true. But figuring out what it exists as is where the layered beliefs and projections come in, and so a recontextualization might be necessary, and that's where some highly conscious teacher might split hairs with you.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

@Breakingthewall Damn that actually makes sense! Like I've heard similar things before, but I'm just now realizing how deeps this goes. Is what you are saying something along the lines of me, the one ho is writing this right here right now, sitting on a laptop, being the cage?! I mean I don't fucking understand it, but there seems so much depth in that. I could obviously turn "me" being the cage into yet another cage, but it's still an interesting perspective to consider.

@Osaid How would I even begin to recontextualize like all of this? Okay saying "all of this" is probably not the most accurate way to put this. I assume that there is some kind of essence at the bottom of this. Like some kind of fundamental believe of assumption, that might have to be experienced from different angles.

beep boop

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

How would I even begin to recontextualize like all of this? Okay saying "all of this" is probably not the most accurate way to put this. I assume that there is some kind of essence at the bottom of this. Like some kind of fundamental believe of assumption, that might have to be experienced from different angles.

Figure out what you know to be 100% true and then go from there. That will build a solid epistemology, which is what you need to traverse all of this. Your epistemology is a foundation that will filter all your contemplations and make sure that everything is clean. Question everything. How do you know the sky is blue? The sky isn't blue at night. The sky isn't blue for a colorblind person. See, things become less linear when you question them. After a while your epistemology becomes so refined that you can easily apply your understanding over a very broad range of metaphysical topics, because you understand the structure of things.

All you really need to do is to watch most of Leo's videos, that's what worked for me at least. If you do that and actually take note of what he teaches, you will build one of the best epistemologies in all of existence. First start with his older videos, from no more than 6 years ago. Then work your way up to the more newer and advanced ones. The videos build on each other. Watch his spiritual videos, his self-deception videos, and his ego videos.

These are all good and relevant starting points:

@Osaid Thanks, I've watched a couple of them already, but not all of them, so I'll have a look at them. A question on the side though.

On the idea of questioning all of your assumptions: How can I be sure that this will lead me to the truth of things? It doesn't feel right to assume that it will or that it won't. My fear is that I will just delude myself. If you don't pick your assumptions carefully, you can build a lot of bs by using them as foundations. Certain assumptions can even lead you to suicide and so on. That's a little dramatic, but it's true. So I worry that IF this was the "wrong" assumption to make, that it'd be too late by the time I realized it. It's just fucking confusing because I feel like I'm walking through some kind of epistemic minefield. 

beep boop

26 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

On the idea of questioning all of your assumptions: How can I be sure that this will lead me to the truth of things? It doesn't feel right to assume that it will or that it won't. My fear is that I will just delude myself. If you don't pick your assumptions carefully, you can build a lot of bs by using them as foundations. Certain assumptions can even lead you to suicide and so on. That's a little dramatic, but it's true. So I worry that IF this was the "wrong" assumption to make, that it'd be too late by the time I realized it. It's just fucking confusing because I feel like I'm walking through some kind of epistemic minefield. 

You're not making assumptions, you're unravelling the assumptions that you already hold. The reason you're questioning assumptions is so that you can eventually reach something that isn't an assumption. All assumptions ultimately stem from something you've unconsciously or consciously assumed to be true. You're not using assumptions as your foundation, you're using things you know to be 100% true, it's just that questioning assumptions helps you to get rid of what you already assume to be true, and so it helps make things clearer. I know exactly how you feel, I was there. There are things you can know to be 100% true. You latch on to that, and then that is where your epistemology builds from. There are things you can know that aren't assumptions.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Damn that actually makes sense! Like I've heard similar things before, but I'm just now realizing how deeps this goes. Is what you are saying something along the lines of me, the one ho is writing this right here right now, sitting on a laptop, being the cage?! I mean I don't fucking understand it, but there seems so much depth in that. I could obviously turn "me" being the cage into yet another cage, but it's still an interesting perspective to consider.

Being human is a fucking nightmare ?. 

when god becomes human it fragments himself. to be human is to be separate. it is need and misery. it is lack of love. everything that the human does, says, thinks, you can translate it into: I am an empty container of love that needs to be filled and cannot, since it tries to be filled with human love and that is like filling the tank of a car with water . I am a prison, a device of separation, of isolation.

but ahh, I have intelligence. Understanding. I'm going to get to the bottom of the riddle and solve the puzzle. then it will click... and I will be free