DualityHurts

How does the illusion of time work?

19 posts in this topic

Im aware that there is this apparent moment. And I have these memories of supposed "other moments" that I cannot confirm happened because im not directly experiencing them. 

So here I am, it feels like every moment is fresh and memories are imported on the spot. The "past" for the most part feels unreal. It feels like theres nowhere else i could possibly be other than this moment and I have no idea how I even got here. 

My intuition or belief is that there are infinitely many moments that im not conscious of, each of them with different imported memories (multiverse).

But how can a particular moment such as watching a car go by be an infinite moment if it appears to be a changing moment. How could I be watching it go by forever if theres apparent change happening?

11 minutes ago, DualityHurts said:

How could I be watching it go by forever if theres apparent change happening?

“Watching it go by forever” already assumes time.

@DualityHurts You're creating the past right now, it's all some kind of illusion. your human existence is a creation. the now is infinite, and it is you. your domain of infinity is total, so you choose what you want from it and right now you create your human experience, with all its past. everything is now. time is a creation, in infinity there is no time, only depth

The mind kinda takes pictures of things which happens in the now, called memories, so memories seems to me to be a collection of true events/happenings, of course, in the now, that happened in the now.

Even within relative reality, science has proven that time is not an absolute. If you travel at a very high speed to another planet and return, you will be younger than your identical twin. Whose perception of time is more real?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

You have to be extremely careful to distinguish time from change. Change is more real than time. Change is happening and then time is an imaginary construct projected on top of change. Change does not require time, and in fact change happens within Eternity. Every moment is Eternal, but then this Eternity is hidden from your awareness because you imagine a context for the moment which we call time. Time is you imaginig seconds, minutes, days, weeks, years, past, future, etc. This generates an artificial context for Consciousness which would otherwise be Eternal or timeless. But just because it is Eternal and timeless does not mean it doesn't change. It still flows. But the flow is not happening within any context and hence not within time.

Time is something the mind constructs and projects onto Consciousness. Likewise with space. Space is a construct, however that does not mean that you cease experiencing a 3D room. The room is still there, but you can strip the room of the projection called space.

Time and space are more than mere conceptual constructs. They are constructs of a deeper sort. You are literally dreaming time and space into being. But you can also undream them.

Time and space are contexts for Consciousness, which is naturally context-less unless you construct a context for it. What I mean by context is something like: you can imagine that your experience right now is a VR simulation. That would be you creating a context to situate your raw experience. Or you could remove that context and then you would have no idea what your raw experience is. You would just have raw experience, unexplained by anything, not situated in anything. Not in time, not in space, not in a brain, not in a Universe, not even part of a human life. All those are contexts. And Consciousness in its purest form simply has no context of any kind. Or you could say Consciousness is situated in the NULL context. Which is just another way to say Nothingness. Experience is nothing, nowhere, nowhen, nohow, noway.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura is it possible to experience Eternity as in All of it?

I am not just asking about the realization that eternity exists. Ofcourse it does. "The eternal now" as we say it, is always the case. 

My question is - What can be experienced within this?

7 minutes ago, Harsh Bagdia said:

@Leo Gura is it possible to experience Eternity as in All of it?

It's hard to know what you mean by that.

But basically, YES. I've had awakenings like that. This ALL has the quality of no form whatsoever, because it is a superposition of all possible things. This would be the Godhead or pure Infinity. You are conscious of every possible thing that could exist at once. But you are not conscious of anything in particular. That ALL is a pure metaphysical abstraction. So don't expect it to have any form. It is not like seeing a billion TV screens at once. It is more like a singularity of pure awareness.

Edited by Leo Gura

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

superposition of all possible things. 

I was meaning something like this. 

It seems impossible to imagine. 

If you are not conscious of anything in particular, what are you conscious of? (In that state) like total white or total black or something like that? 

"Pure metaphysical abstraction" - I wonder what that is. 

I was kinda also expecting seeing billions TV screens at once,??. 

When we sleep are we into singularity of pure awareness? Now you will say that you only imagine that you sleep. 

Well I don't know about that, just fallen in love with the idea of pure Infinity and thinking how can one access that. 

5 minutes ago, Harsh Bagdia said:

If you are not conscious of anything in particular, what are you conscious of? (In that state) like total white or total black or something like that? 

It feels white, but it doesn't look white. It's like a sigularity of pure awareness.

Technically is is pure Infinity/Love. A formless ocean of Infinite Love.

"Pure metaphysical abstraction" - I wonder what is

Well, do some serious 5-MeO and ye shall meet it.

When we sleep are we into singularity of pure awareness?

No. You've never encountered it in your life yet.

Edited by Leo Gura

The timeless now is eternal so wouldn't that paradoxically mean that eternity would include all finite time?

I like Bashar's film-strip analogy. We are "shifting" billions of times per second (frame-by-frame) and the "shifting" creates the illusion of time/movement.

As above so below, as within so without.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You have to be extremely careful to distinguish time from change. Change is more real than time. Change is happening and then time is an imaginary construct projected on top of change. Change does not require time, and in fact change happens within Eternity. Every moment is Eternal, but then this Eternity is hidden from your awareness because you imagine a context for the moment which we call time. Time is you imaginig seconds, minutes, days, weeks, years, past, future, etc. This generates an artificial context for Consciousness which would otherwise be Eternal or timeless. But just because it is Eternal and timeless does not mean it doesn't change. It still flows. But the flow is not happening within any context and hence not within time.

Time is something the mind constructs and projects onto Consciousness. Likewise with space. Space is a construct, however that does not mean that you cease experiencing a 3D room. The room is still there, but you can strip the room of the projection called space.

Time and space are more than mere conceptual constructs. They are constructs of a deeper sort. You are literally dreaming time and space into being. But you can also undream them.

Time and space are contexts for Consciousness, which is naturally context-less unless you construct a context for it. What I mean by context is something like: you can imagine that your experience right now is a VR simulation. That would be you creating a context to situate your raw experience. Or you could remove that context and then you would have no idea what your raw experience is. You would just have raw experience, unexplained by anything, not situated in anything. Not in time, not in space, not in a brain, not in a Universe, not even part of a human life. All those are contexts. And Consciousness in its purest form simply has no context of any kind. Or you could say Consciousness is situated in the NULL context. Which is just another way to say Nothingness. Experience is nothing, nowhere, nowhen, nohow, noway.

Very good.

Apparently.

when you are infinite you can go to any time and any place you want or just make up a time and place

pretend you are watching a film. There is no actual film its just a light in front of you. This light dosent hold time within itself

you hold the time the light was something within yourself as a past event. And any form the light took before was just a form of light not a thing place or time.

any stories you had of previous light forms were just stories you made up about the light from a previous narration 

of what the light was. 

When you become fully conscious life becomes like a dream where you never think about the past or future and are fully engaged on whats going on right now. And you become like a child as you notice with your dreams you are always full engaged with whats going on you will be the same way.

Edited by Hojo

Shit happens.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Apparent moments in time are part of the illusion..... but it's actually a survival strategy of the body/mind organism to break things up into periods of time so it can learn, improve and ultimately survive longer to continue passing along its genes.

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

time is the measure of change, in order to perceive change, you need memory. You have to remember that before this had one form and now another. without memory, there is no change. therefore, time is a creation of memory. This does not mean that it is not real.

the serious question: in eternity, is there time? It depends, if there is no memory, there is only a changing present. if memory is created, time is created. If you erase memory, you erase time. I, as an apparent entity, am made of memory, that is why I am a temporary being. when my memory disappears, I as a separate entity will disappear, I will be eternally present again, until I create another memory

change is how you moved plus how you decayed, god does only one of these, enjoys you going from a to b and pays no aging cost ... pure win win

no time equals no change, if you get still enough in meditation, you won't change, you will have stopped time or at least as far as aging is concerned, dont trust me try it yourself

Edited by gettoefl