Roy

How do I accept human stupidity?

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Should I just shower my friends and family with spiritual quotes and expect it to work? No. You have to be ready to receive these things. How do you make somebody ready?

Showering people with annoying New Agey quotes is not proper education.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Should I just shower my friends and family with spiritual quotes and expect it to work? No. You have to be ready to receive these things. How do you make somebody ready?

You don't. You live your life the best you can and inspire by example. 

If you're able to handle your crisis well, people notice and naturally ask for advice. That's how you get them, by sharing how you dealt with pain when they're asking for medicine. Until then, handle your own business, because the same people we call stupid have to handle our own stupidity from time to time.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Showering people with annoying New Agey quotes is not proper education.

Ok, I think we're getting a little lost here. My point is trivial: the task of predicting exactly when an individual is ready to learn, or just generally predicting their exact behavior, is virtually impossible. Yes, you can make general cases like granting survival needs, healing trauma, personality traits, etc., but still, when somebody is the way they are, 99.9% that is the universe at work, not them, not you, not anyone or anything in particular. So when you truly understand this, it's hard to spend a lot of time getting mad at stupidity, or evil, or injustice.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How do you make somebody ready?

By being loving.

Just now, Devin said:

By being loving.

My mom was loving all my life, but it still took 20 years before I turned my life around.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

My mom was loving all my life, but it still took 20 years before I turned my life around.

You're a young man there fella, most people never get there, in my eyes your experience proves my point.

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How do you actually make someone become less ignorant and self-centered?

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

You're a young man there fella, most people never get there, in my eyes your experience proves my point.

20 years, that's a big confidence interval there fella.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

20 years, that's a big confidence interval there fella.

When you consider the magnitude of what we're talking about 20 years is nothing in my eyes. This isn't a double cheeseburger at a McDonalds drive thru.

Just now, Devin said:

When you consider the magnitude of what we're talking about 20 years is nothing in my eyes. This isn't a double cheeseburger at a McDonalds drive thru.

Then take ya cheeseburger, pick ya new tribe and we see each other in 20 years. Please by the love of god and everything that is good, honour these holy forum and don't make me use 'Love' and 'McDonalds' EVER again in one sentence. Yes? Thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Then take ya cheeseburger, pick ya new tribe and we see each other in 20 years. Please by the love of god and everything that is good, honour these holy forum and don't make me use 'Love' and 'McDonalds' EVER again in one sentence. Yes? Thank you very much.

hqdefault.jpg

31 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok, I think we're getting a little lost here. My point is trivial: the task of predicting exactly when an individual is ready to learn

Obviously. But why would anyone expect to predict such a thing?

This is why I cannot predict which of you is ready for my teachings. I cannot tell who of you is on the brink of suicide vs who is gonna wake up tomorrow. And I don't bother to care. You are at whatever level you are and only you can decide if a teaching is suitable for you. I can't help a person who isn't ready, just like I can't tell you which food you will like.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Obviously. But why would anyone expect to predict such a thing?

If somebody believes that it's easy for people to stop being stupid, and that all it takes is a little push and their behavior could easily change, and that it's not like the momentum of the entire universe is behind it, they would probably get mad at stupid people pretty easily. The more complex you know life to be, the less surprised you'll be when you see somebody acting up.

This is why I cannot predict which of you is ready for my teachings. I cannot tell who of you is on the brink of suicide vs who is gonna wake up tomorrow. And I don't bother to care. You are at whatever level you are and only you can decide if a teaching is suitable for you. I can't help a person who isn't ready, just like I can't tell you which food you will like.

You can't predict it down to each single individual, but you can make attempts to protect general groups. You don't walk into a kindergarten to advertise your OnlyFans :) 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Most people behave just fine and you never notice. It's only when people are being inconvinient that they stick out. Same with stupid people on the internet. They represent a vocal minority. The majority of internet users never leave comments on anything. About 10% of Twitter users generate over 80% percent of all tweets, just to illustrate.

I think being understanding can go a long way if you care about changing your perspective around "idiots". It is generally due to ignorance and a lack of education that people behave stupidly. They're imperfect people in an imperfect world. 

I can't fault you though for feeling annoyed at stupid people. Just don't let it get to you. Maybe you just need a vacation.

For me, I noticed that when I become too judgemental of others it's because I distract myself from my own shit and human silly behaviour. It's almost always eaiser to see what's 'wrong' with others but harder to be aware to the same shit within ourselves. Because we are selfish and each of us think that they are superior to others because that's how the ego survives.

Yeah, there are people who are more conscious and people who are less but at the end of the day, we are asleep to various degrees, we are all in a dream. And if we don't want to be bitter for the rest of our lives because what we call stupidity, we better to accept it within ourselves and others and look at this with humor.

I noticed that many people, once they develop themselves spiritually or intellectually, they are falling to the trap of having a spiritual ego, and then they take themselves so seriously. That's very humorous because nothing is really serious about life, people and existence, there is no good reason be so serious, even though the mind struggles to accept it, because it loves being so heavy, dramatic, distracted and preoccupied with things that approve its superiority.

The real progress is not happening  between the confluence of our ego and the egos of others but it's between our pure consciousness and our own selfish ego, it's an inner battle. And the best thing that we can do for ourselves and for the collective development of humans is to be brave enough to look at our own ego as it is, and 'kill' it with kindness, humor, acceptance, compassion, love.

Let Love In

3 hours ago, Devin said:

Fun fact tho, I’ve had a spiritual awakening one time while eating McDonald’s 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

@Roy I understand you work on a office or something like that right? Is ok. This might be a relative take of mine but in my view, when I work on something that is not related to my art, I notice that people will get more on my nerves. But when I’m making my LP, the stupidity or whatever you wanna call about humans, is actually my inspiration for me to either learn more about myself or see where I am standing in life overall. Nowadays I think I can empathize a lot, if I see people doing big drama or something silly which happened a lot on my previous work at a supermarket, I can always trace it back to their childhood or maybe they are not having a good time that day. I guess I’m pretty laid back in that sense. Hope it helps! 

some form of self-therapy might be helpful, these are opportunities for more compassion + empathy (towards yourself and others) 

all negative judgements  

stupid, lazy, uncaring, selfish, etc. but when dug into, reveal healthier and more accurate perspectives  

this channel leo linked a while back illuminates what im tallking about 

Edited by Jacob Morres

6 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Fun fact tho, I’ve had a spiritual awakening one time while eating McDonald’s 

What kind of awakening?

6 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

What kind of awakening?

The same night this awakening happened, I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life while working. It was so intense that I had to end my shift early.

I felt like everything was over for me, then I experienced a taste of love. This lasted for hours.

This is a great explanation:

https://youtu.be/UY8pCqcvW6Y

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

The same night this awakening happened, I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life while working. It was so intense that I had to end my shift early.

I felt like everything was over for me, then I experienced a taste of love. This lasted for hours.

This is a great explanation:

https://youtu.be/UY8pCqcvW6Y

Love that! <3