khalifa

What Are The Differences Between Mystism And Enlightenment?

6 posts in this topic

Mysticism : learning the hidden truths of religion while ultimately being one with god through the universe or having various mystic like experiences?

While enlightenment is more of something that can't be communicated but realized as a perceiver?

Am i completely off? let's discuss

32 minutes ago, khalifa said:

Mysticism : learning the hidden truths of religion while ultimately being one with god

Every religion is based on a lie device. All methods are lies; they just create a situation, they are not causal.

For example, beyond the boundary of a room is the unbound, open sky. You have never seen it.

I can talk with you about the sky, about the freshness, about the sea, about all that is beyond this room, but you have not seen it. You do not know about it. You just laugh; you think I am making it up. You say, "It is all fantastic. You are a dreamer." I cannot convince you to go outside because everything that I can talk about is meaningless to you.

Then I say, "The house is on fire!" This is meaningful to you; this is something that you can understand.

Now I do not have to give you any explanations. I just run; you follow me. The house is not on fire, but the moment you are outside you don't have to ask me why I lied. The meaning is there; the sky is there. Now you thank me. Any lie will do. The lie was just a device; it was just a device to bring you outside. It did not cause the outside to be there.

All the great ones-Buddha, Christ, Mahavira-have, out of compassion, created great lies just to push you out of the house. If you can be pushed out of your mind through any device, that is all that is needed.

32 minutes ago, khalifa said:

While enlightenment is more of something that can't be communicated but realized as a perceiver?

New devices can be created. Old devices become flat, an old lie becomes flat, and new ones are needed. You have been told so many times that the house is on fire when it is not, that the lie has become useless. Now someone has to create a new device. New age spiritual teachers doing same thing, there language is different.  'Being one with god' and 'enlightenment' is same thing. 

Edited by Prabhaker

One is mental masturbation and the other is not 9_9

4 hours ago, khalifa said:

Mysticism : learning the hidden truths of religion while ultimately being one with god through the universe or having various mystic like experiences? 

Am i completely off? let's discuss

Let's pretend you are man living 5,000 years ago in the forest. You have all of your basic needs met so you decide to sit under a tree and meditate. Slowly you discover that you aren't what you thought you were because the intensity of your experience increases. Your mind is destroyed and you discover your true Self. 

What I'm saying is mystical experience can lead to enlightenment but enlightenment is not an experience. Enlightenment is when the delusion is over. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

I dont think that there is a vivid line separating these two."mystical experience" and "enlightenment" are just two words.I think lots of differences between these two arises when humans try to communicate to each other something that they understood.maybe enlightenment is just a deep and high form of mystical experience.and maybe even enlightenment is not end of the road.the end has no name.