MisterNobody

Solipsism

120 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I don't understand the relationship between change and time.

That's a great one to contemplate on a psychedelic.

If you access Eternity you will notice that consciousness is changing but time is gone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not mindless at all. God's whole game is exploring all possible perspectives in order to reach infinite self-understanding.

The logic is simple:

How is God gonna reach Omniscience if it doesn't explore all the pain and suffering?

You cannot understand what pain is until you experience it. God cannot understand what Hitler is without becoming Hitler. You do not understand what Hitler is because you haven't been in his shoes. The only thing you understand right now is your own experience. And you struggle to understand even that!

But Leo!? Is this all philosophy to makes sense and logic or did you become direct knowing . well you cant know for sure Right? O.o 

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you access Eternity you will notice that consciousness is changing but time is gone.

Ohhhh that's right actually!

Or hmm. Maybe this ever-changing quality of consciousness could be understood as time? There is no time but also it's all changing... and THAT'S what "time" really refers to? Time and Timelessness as one. Eternity, hahahaha.

Edited by Sincerity

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a great one to contemplate on a psychedelic.

That's really a hardcore question, since human time is the measure of change xD 

Replying to your other insights in this thread, isn't God ALREADY complete and omniscient?

If it is, since there's no time, it should have always been omniscient and all-wise.

You said that there's no time progression in the godhead, an eternity of which I've had glimpses too.

I know that the human mind is extremely limited and we are trying to understand what can only understand God, but still, my glimpses of awakening have revealed to me that God consciousness is completely beyond space, time and the concept of knowing or not knowing. 

Knowing is a limited phenomenon, confined inside a limited perspective. God seems to BE in a perfect state.

I mean BE vs have been or will be. Eternal present vs past/future. 

What I'm saying is that God, at least in my limited and noob experience, seems to just be, so it has no evolution. Evolution of intelligence, wisdom, love etc are inside a Form-dimension, an experience based dimension in time and space. Perfection does not need evolution and cannot evolve, it's a tautology.

I get it that God CONTAINS all the perspectives and experiences, thus it contains all wisdom and intelligence, I agree.

But I find it extremely nonsensical that God learns and improves itself. It assumes imperfection and limitation.

In other words: God in its highest state of consciousness is already in perfect intelligence, wisdom and love. God experiences learning and growing only in a limited state of consciousness, which is something it creates on purpose for a reason I do not know right now.

It might be a limitation of human mind, but.... that's what I feel about it.

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

My understanding is that time cannot exist because that would limit god. A limitless, infinite intelligence cannot be passing through time because that would suggest it is moving in a linear direction. If god is going somewhere then it cannot be infinite.

However, something that is infinite must be forever changing. If it was static then it wouldn't be infinite as it would be stuck in one experience for all eternity. 

56 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Maybe this ever-changing quality of consciousness could be understood as time?

It's not that. Time is an imaginary projection you can remove from consciousness. It is possible to go to the toilet and take a shit without time.

There is no time but also it's all changing... and THAT'S what "time" really refers to?

No. That's not what time refers to.

You need to have a direct awakening into the nature of time. What is time? You can become directly conscious of that. On a psychedelic it's not so hard. But you have to be careful not to conflate things and not to be sloppy with your words and concepts.

36 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

That's really a hardcore question, since human time is the measure of change xD 

The way science measures and formalizes time is not indicative of what time actually is. You must grasp time directly, not as some scientific abstraction or measurement procedure.

Replying to your other insights in this thread, isn't God ALREADY complete and omniscient?

But then why is God dreaming? Why is God having a finite experience if it is infinite?

Do you really think that God is doing all of this "life" for no shits and giggles? Or is there a purpose behind it?

If it is, since there's no time, it should have always been omniscient and all-wise.

It gets very paradoxical here. In a sense God was always Omniscient. But also in another sense that Omniscience stems from its exploration of itself. This doesn't necessarily happen in a linear order.

my glimpses of awakening have revealed to me that God consciousness is completely beyond space, time and the concept of knowing or not knowing. 

I'm not really contradicting that.

What I'm saying is that God, at least in my limited and noob experience, seems to just be, so it has no evolution. Evolution of intelligence, wisdom, love etc are inside a Form-dimension, an experience based dimension in time and space. Perfection does not need evolution and cannot evolve, it's a tautology.

But our universe is clearly evolving and growing in intelligence and consciousness. Evolution is happening. Why is it happening?

But I find it extremely nonsensical that God learns and improves itself.

Really? Then why is life all about learning and growth?

In other words: God in its highest state of consciousness is already in perfect intelligence, wisdom and love.

Don't just focus on the highest state. Yes the highest state is all complete and so forth. But God is not just that highest state, it's also all of this stupid human life that is happening. So here you want to not dismiss the dream world.

What I'm telling you is that the dream work is not just some willy-nilly game. It has a very intelligent purpose behind it. God is trying to accomplish something.

God experiences learning and growing only in a limited state of consciousness, which is something it creates on purpose for a reason I do not know right now.

Well, why don't you explore that reason which you don't know right now?

How did God become so Perfect?

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not that. Time is an imaginary projection you can remove from consciousness. It is possible to go to the toilet and take a shit without time.

No. That's what time refers to.

You need to have a direct awakening into the nature of time. What is time? You can become directly conscious of that. On a psychedelic it's not so hard. But you have to be careful not to conflate things and not to be sloppy with your words and concepts.

Ok, I'll go deeper.

I admit I can be sloppy with concepts. I like to unify them and say things like all fear is that, all X is actually Y... Then I realize I'm wrong. Making things more simple than they should be!

Edited by Sincerity

13 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I like to unify them and say things like all fear is that, all X is actually Y... Then I realize I'm wrong. Making things more simple than they should be!

You should strive to be more rigorous and hold your own models to the fire of empirical testing. Test all your ideas multiple times. Try to disprove them. Look for alternatives. It's like good scientific method. Be a good scientist of consciousness. Your mind will invent stories and models that don't stand rigorous testing. But if you never bother to test anything, then you will start to believe your own pet theories. It's very tricky, so be careful.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You should strive to be more rigorous and hold your own models to the fire of empirical testing. Test all your ideas multiple times. Try to disprove them. Look for alternatives. It's like good scientific method. Be a good scientist of consciousness. Your mind will invent stories and models that don't stand rigorous testing. But if you never bother to test anything, then you will start to believe your own pet theories. It's very tricky, so be careful.

Okay. I forgot about the trap of pet theories. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

God, this work is a minefield. :P

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Omniscience literally boils down to: experiencing everything. If you experience everything you know everything. You become All-Seeing.
The reason God is looking through your eyes is to collect raw experience to fuel its Omniscience.
God could not be Omniscient without exploring your human perspective.

But to be really omniscient God would also have to experience being a unicorn and live life through all the infinite other creatures, so unicorns etc must exist to make God omniscient 
This universe is biased and has certain physical laws and therefore cant have infinite creatures. Then how is God omniscient in this biased universe with limited amount of creatures to experience when God needs to experience infinite amount of creatures to be omniscient and simultanously
And when there is no life on this earth anymore and no life to live through, what will God do then since the purpose is to get omniscient through experience?

@GLORY All fine questions. Contemplate them for yourself. I cannot answer every fine-grained question you have about God.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God is self-creation. God had to create its own Omniscience. And I told you how it did it.

I should stop casting pearls before swine.

Consider that the most vocal people are the least receptive and inclined to genuinely explorer what you're explaining.

But others benefit from reading reading your explanations, and even some of the ridiculous back and forth dialogue.

There's a sample/availability bias in the 'supposed' audience because the 'swine' will be the first to speak against you. 

They don't represent everybody.

Edited by PenguinPablo

3 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

They don't represent everybody.

Of course. Am I am sorry to those of you here who are serious and have to endure my back and forth with devils. It does test my patience. I have a limit on how much BS I can deal with.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How is God gonna reach Omniscience if it doesn't explore all the pain and suffering?

You cannot understand what pain is until you experience it. God cannot understand what Hitler is without becoming Hitler. You do not understand what Hitler is because you haven't been in his shoes. The only thing you understand right now is your own experience. And you struggle to understand even that!

This contradicts the things you have said about solipsism. According to you, my direct experience is all that exists. Since Hitler is something I am imagining, his perspective doesn't exist because it isn't in my direct experience.

How can God experience Hitler's perspective if it doesn't exist?

16 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

This contradicts the things you have said about solipsism. According to you, my direct experience is all that exists. Since Hitler is something I am imagining, his perspective doesn't exist because it isn't in my direct experience.

How can God experience Hitler's perspective if it doesn't exist?

welcome to the attempt to rationalize the pov thing. it is impossible. You can understand it if your mind is in a state beyond logic. So you think: I've got it, you develop it, and in 3 seconds you're lost in a painful attempt to make sense of it.

@GLORY  Where did you get the idea that God needs to experience infinite amount of creatures to be omniscient ? It sounds so dumb, just think about it. Collective conscious experiences don't create God, or make him omniscient, God was (omniscient) "before" any conscious experience. He "is" outside of time. See how I used "before" and "is" only to explain it in human concepts. 

@billiesimon God doesn't need to "CONTAIN all the perspectives and experiences, thus it contains all wisdom and intelligence". Things don't have to happen in order to be in God's knowledge. He hasn't played out all possible lifetimes of all possible creatures. His knowledge is purely intellectual, not derived from actual existence of these experiences. God doesnt have to play out infinite possibilities of experiences of beings to be omniscient. Our human lives have no purpose in "God's eyes". There is no reason for existence at that level (GOD level). We're not supposed to do anything in particular, we're not supposed to learn or achieve anything. JUST TO EXIST. Just to go through the motions

6 hours ago, Stovo said:

something that is infinite must be forever changing

@Stovo Why? Why do you think infinity is always expanding? Infinity is an always-expanding thing only from your human perspective

@spiritual memes God (you; consciousness) doesn't experience Hitler's perspective. It never has and it never will. Hitler is a figment of your own imagination. God imagined the story of Hitler, but never inhabited Hitler to have a human experience through his eyes. All people are empty vessels