StarStruck

My blatant Tribute to the Warrior Archetype: 2 months of Boxing Exp

1 post in this topic

"… how could softness exist without hardness protecting it?"

This archetype is the most misunderstood archetype in our age and thus we can see mostly its unhealthy/shadow manifestations of the warrior ego. It is still an archetype that is on the forefront on the world stage and it will remain so because archetypes are not going away anytime soon.

This topic is a Jungian integration report of the warrior archetype after two months of boxing, contemplation and one LSD trip. I did this in the frame work of the Jungian Psychologist Robert Moore. Here is a short introduction if you are unaware of the archetype

In the past I've tried several ways to integrate the warrior archetype but I discovered that the warrior can't be created in a controlled environment. You have to put yourself into the "wild" amongst other warriors to create the right physics for your mind to mold and integrate the warrior archetype into your ego.

Trying to create the warrior archetype from home is like trying to have sex with 10 condoms on. At the same time one shouldn't be stupid about it and create unnecessary risks. I did my fair share of research to find a good gym with a trainer who is an Olympic medalist. That last detail is important because the trainer sets the tone of the gym and you want to have a trainer with a high level of consciousness. In these gyms respect and brotherhood is central. The atmosphere is drenched with healthy masculinity and respect. So an unwritten law is that there is no hard hits to the head. The warrior archetype can be developed in a healthy way doing martial arts!!!

It is important to have roll models especially for young men. Somebody to look up to. In the past humanity had champions/myths of mankind that men looked up to. Do we have that today? It is not weird that the shadow warrior ego pops up everywhere because there is a huge collective unconscious of the shadow warrior that desires to be integrated. We can only see manifestations of Promestheus who are chained against a rock waiting to be rescued by Heracles..

A lot of problems in the world is due to an overbearing anima which results in weakness, addiction, fragility, and toxicity. In myself I could see these manifestations where the pleasure principle of the lover overpowered the reality principle of the warrior resulting in suffering.

In my view the warrior archetype is the battle between the animus (consciousness) and anima (unconsciousness). This fight is characterized by the matador and the bull: The warrior (consciousness) shows up to the fight against his anima (the bull). Through out the ages every man finds his own medium to develop this warrior archetype. Some through bull fighting, in the army, and others through hunting or something else. I chose boxing to develop and integrate this warrior archetype but others might find a better medium to integrate this archetype. 

It is a fight between man and mother nature, the warrior archetype is crucial to not be swallowed up by mother nature.

The integration of the warrior archetype into my warrior ego gave me these benefits:

• The ability to choose reality principle instead of pleasure principle (aka avoidance of pain);
  • Through clarity of mind;
  • To make the sacrifices of the ego for the higher self

Unfortunately we live in an age that the warrior archetype is shamed. People rather choose for the beast than for the matador. The warrior archetype has the prowess of the matador who is willing to show up to the fight. I could see this same prowess in boxing. Boxing is no different than a matador fight, both are mediums to develop the warrior archetype because it is in a fight (in bad times) that you show your true character.

51f61634753ebc203176133b37393294.jpg

From the point of view of the man who is all by himself, it is man versus beast. And you either fuck the bull up the ass or the bull will fuck you up the ass. And when I'm talking about this "bull" I'm talking about our inner bull (beast). The true bull fight is within oneself!

When a guy opens up a thread how to deal with an addiction, he is in fact asking how the fuck can I fuck this bull up because the bull is fucking me up. He is not asking what is the best way to get fucked up the ass by the bull with the least amount of suffering and maximum pleasure. If you have weakness in character it is because of an overbearing anima and a weak animus

Once you developed the healthy warrior ego in harmony with other three archetypes it will change you in a deep level. It will even help you with spirituality! In fact I had an intense psychedelic experience where my inner warrior archetype pledged allegiance to the king archetype in the heart.

statue-of--hercules-and-nero--in-the-pia

Meditation is in fact facing the bull inside of yourself, man versus beast, matador versus bull. Who is going to win? Sexual transmutation is key in defeating this bull. It is done through developing the reality principle in accordance with/against the pleasure principle. Unfortunately some of us guys are too fucked up by this bull that they can't even get their dick up without artificial dick pills. Transmuting sexual energy is a VITAL part of the warrior archetype.

Mind you that the lover archetype can't exist without the warrior archetype and the other way around. You will only fight to the extend you love and love to the extend you will fight. It is a catch 21 but there is a way around it.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

As a final note: in my research I came across this movie and I definitely recommend it:

In Tate we trust