lostingenosmaze

Adeptus Psychonautica talks about Leo/Connor again (another suicide revealed)

150 posts in this topic

@spiritual memes Not defending him. I just don't see it like you do. You are imagining things I think don't exist.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@spiritual memes Not defending him. I just don't see it like you do. You are imagining things I think don't exist.

Ok but where is the line for you? I genuinely want to know because I used to defend and make excuses for him in the past, but he just kept crossing the line.

@spiritual memes Okay, but what line did he cross? 

calling people stupid I’m a recent post? What exactly? 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

That is not what I am talking about.

Yes, it is. I quoted what you were talking about:

Have you considered that it's possible to convey these teachings in a way that doesn't drive people away?

If you wanna talk about how you think Leo is a narcissist, that's fine, but it's not what we were initially talking about, at least not explicitly.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@spiritual memes Okay, but what line did he cross? 

calling people stupid I’m a recent post? What exactly? 

Abusive language IS crossing the line. I hold him to a high standard because he is a spiritual teacher and his words have consequences. The people who have left actualized.org on AOB they all say the same thing: His language is narcisstic and abusive. He's full of himself and he has a god complex. When spiritual teachers act like this, it puts people off spirituality, psychedelics and consciousness. All of which are very needed at our current society.

I don't hate Leo, I want him to succeed and his teachings to spread. 

13 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Yes, it is. I quoted what you were talking about:

If you wanna talk about how you think Leo is a narcissist, that's fine, but it's not what we were initially talking about, at least not explicitly.

I was referring to the teaching style, not the teachings. You can teach people they are god without calling them stupid motherfuckers that are full of shit.

@spiritual memes Okay, that’s fair enough. 

It personally don’t care about the language. Like, it really depends on context. 

If was like, really dug into thinking Buddhist framing was spirituality, and that only meditation would awaken me and Leo told me I was being a fucking idiot… well, that’s not wrong. I guess it depends because I know Leo from his videos. When a friend I know tells me I am being a fucking idiot I don’t cry and moan and think they are toxic and evil. They are just being human. But, it’s also context sensitive and maybe I would be offended and upset. 

Im spending time much time talking about this. Heading to sleep. Take care. 

Ever since I started following Leo he has had a way of being authentic. That means he contains a humanness that includes sometimes being assertive and biligerant. I’ve listened to like 200 hours or something of Osho’s talks. He also has his moments. When a teacher deals with so many people he sometimes gets upset. I think we have fantasy that a teacher is always nice. I don’t need him to be nice, or any other teacher all the time. 

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

If was like, really dug into thinking Buddhist framing was spirituality, and that only meditation would awaken me and Leo told me I was being a fucking idiot… well, that’s not wrong. I guess it depends because I know Leo from his videos. When a friend I know tells me I am being a fucking idiot I don’t cry and moan and think they are toxic and evil. They are just being human. But, it’s also context sensitive and maybe I would be offended and upset. 

Yes there are better ways of communicating spiritual teachings to someone. You can correct someone without telling someone they are a fucking idiot. And the communication will be far better.

16 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

I was referring to the teaching style, not the teachings. You can teach people they are god without calling them stupid motherfuckers that are full of shit.

But, see what you might be missing here is that… 

Maybe you can teach that people are God and tell them they are stupid, selfish motherfuckers that are full of shit. 

Being told you are full of shit, when it is done from a place of truth seeking is a gift. Like, this isn’t going to sound good to you. When most of the world is full of shit…. Well, then chances are you are full of shit. 

Being a stupid mother fucker that’s full of shit is like the default setting. I consider myself in the category. Why? Because I have insight into how much growth is ahead of me. For me it’s funny but, maybe you get your feelings hurt by it. This is why it’s fine that we all have different opinions. 

I don’t need to be told how good I am, how pure I am, how whatever I am like some teacher do to their students. Like Ralph smart telling his audience they are the chosen ones etc.

At the same time, the only reason I take that from Leo in a positive way is because I’ve watched a lot of his work and I know what he means when he calls me stupid and full of shit and it’s not an insult to me. It’s just, we live in a dark age…

https://www.actualized.org/insights/actualized-quotes-024

Leo’s overall message and 95% of his work is not like that. He isn’t being a dick 24/7.Generally, I think he is very kind, humours and truth oriented. It’s very positive and uplifting and powerful. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

10 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Yes there are better ways of communicating spiritual teachings to someone. You can correct someone without telling someone they are a fucking idiot. And the communication will be far better.

Yeah, it’s also pretty rare for him to call someone that. But it does happen. It’s not for everyone. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

But, see what you might be missing here is that… 

Maybe you can teach that people are God and tell them they are stupid motherfuckers that are full of shit. 

Being told you are full of shit, when it is done from a place of truth seeking is a gift. Like, this isn’t going to sound good to you. When most of the world is full of shit…. Well, then chances are you are full of shit. 

Being a stupid mother fucker that’s full of shit is like the default setting. I consider myself in the category. Why? Because I have insight into how much growth is ahead of me. For me it’s funny but, maybe you get your feelings hurt by it. This is why it’s fine that we all have different opinions. 

I don’t need to be told how good I am, how pure I am, how whatever I am like some teacher do to their students. Like Ralph smart telling his audience they are the chosen ones etc.

At the same time, the only reason I take that from Leo in a positive way is because I’ve watched a lot of his work and I know what he means when he calls me stupid and full of shit and it’s not an insult to me. It’s just, we live in a dark age…

Leo’s overall message and 95% of his work is not like that. He isn’t being a dick 24/7.Generally, I think he is very kind, humours and truth oriented. It’s very positive and uplifting and powerful. 

My first introduction to Actualized.org was a video @Leo Guradid about anger. It was what I needed to hear at the time, but that put me off for a few months though. Since then Leo's communication has improved over time especially recently and I stuck around for 5 years slowly learning anout the various concepts.

I think it's the occasional video thwt either is very advanced or is communicated too straight forwardly, and that forum Leo is too blunt than video Leo. Maybe that's the conflation?

@Danioover9000 I don’t know 

Willing to hear different opinions 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

16 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

The aggressive accusations set up as a petitio principii (underlined) and especially the injunctions to compation and repentance (in bold) show that you have a low or even very low level of androgens.

Interesting analysis and conclusion. Can you say more?

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

There are times to be lovey dovey and times to be strict and relentless. 

I can say this as someone who has OCD and does exposure response prevention (ERP)  therapy. You don’t overcome OCD by being nice to it. 

For example, in therapy sessions I’ve eaten food off a carpeted floor and drank water from a questionable hose. This is always done by my own choice - nobody forces me. And nobody forced you to stay on this forum after Leo “kicks your ass”. 

That’s only the tip of the iceberg of what’s possible to face. Get out of your comfort zone people!

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

@The Mystical Man

3 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Interesting analysis and conclusion. Can you say more?

That's not interesting, that's mental discrimination that User was spouting. I don't like Reactionaries, but I don't go calling them off as Schizophrenic.

In my opinion, Leo has made a mistake that has caused a lot of concern and much suffering in many people: solipsism. It is a very disturbing video that people take literally and the only thing they get is sadness and imbalance

22 hours ago, something_else said:

This style of criticism is not productive at all.

I don't want to give constructive criticism. I'm being deconstructive, because, as I said, Gura's "work" is a sordid edifice of glorious delusions. Naturally, I want to tear that edifice down, not help construct it. Every time someone gives "constructive criticism", you hear the same thing: "I could improve my style; the work is advanced." That's beside the point. As if the problem was "style" or the advanced nature of this "work". I'm Gura's worst critic, because I don't want him to become a better teacher -- my stance is that he shouldn't be teaching at all. I think of Gura as a tragic character: a flaw leads to the downfall of a tragic hero, and the flaw is hubris

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

28 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

I don't want to give constructive criticism. I'm being deconstructive, because, as I said, Gura's "work" is a sordid edifice of glorious delusions. Naturally, I want to tear that edifice down, not help construct it. Every time someone gives "constructive criticism", you hear the same thing: "I could improve my style; the work is advanced." That's beside the point. As if the problem was "style" or the advanced nature of this "work". I'm Gura's worst critic, because I don't want him to become a better teacher -- my stance is that he shouldn't be teaching at all. I think of Gura as a tragic character: a flaw leads to the downfall of a tragic hero, and the flaw is hubris

Would you like some constructive criticism for your deconstructive criticism?

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj – I Am That - The Direct Path

Apr 29, 2016 — (jagrit-sushupti). M: The main thing is to be free of negative emotions — desire, fear etc., the 'six enemies' of the mind

Edited by Devin

34 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Lists Leo's mistakes. I'm sure there are many. imo it's basically spot on, but 100% impossible. his flaw, as you say, is arrogance. He doesn't want anyone at his height. but that does not mean that his understanding is enormously deep