Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sugarcoat

Deconstructing “unknowing”

7 posts in this topic

I’m very familiar with a state of confusion, “not knowing”, feeling detached from my thoughts emotions and surroundings, and the sense of “nothing makes sense”.

In a way my default state is an existential crisis, the vast majority of my life has been a mental fog , and as soon as I feel like something makes sense, my mind immediately starts to doubt it and feel like it’s artificial and I distance myself from it and automatically revert back to this familiar state of “not knowing”. 

Lately I’ve been sort of distancing myself from this state too and naturally started to question it. 

I’ve noticed how I somehow feel that this foggy detached state is more accurate and “true” than the state of feeling certain. In my head I have some idea that most people walk around feeling certain and “sucked into life” and how that is false and they are deceiving themselves. I look at people in my surroundings talking about things with passion and certainty and my mind somehow sees it as alien and mysterious and not true. “how can they be so certain”, my mind automatically thinks. 

I feel how this belief is starting to break down in me.

Naturally these questions arise: 

How do I know that I can’t know anything?

How do I know that uncertainty is more “real” or true than certainty?

If everything is meaningless, then what is the difference between walking around feeling certain vs uncertain?

Just something that has hit me lately. It’s weird because it has been so deeply ingrained in me that you have to question everything and that nothing is knowable etc but it just came to me this awareness of how these things are in some way just ideas I hold dear, and how this foggy mental state I’ve been in so much is in a sense my own version of certainty. It’s like my own security blanket that I hold onto.

Be careful with taking skepticism too far.

Consciousness allows for genuine understanding of things. Genuine insight is possible and Truth exists.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness allows for genuine understanding of things. Genuine insight is possible and Truth exists.

How can I become sure of this? There is still a lot of skepsis in my mind. 

@Kshantivadin Doubt it if you like. See where that gets you.

This work is not about belief. Your beliefs are irrelevant.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

I feel how this belief is starting to break down in me.

Naturally these questions arise: 

How do I know that I can’t know anything?

How do I know that uncertainty is more “real” or true than certainty?

If everything is meaningless, then what is the difference between walking around feeling certain vs uncertain?

Great questions! ?

I think "not knowing" is a good starting place. You become alittle more 'loose' in thinking. Your beliefs becomes more flowing than rigid. If you hold on to the not knowing that is also rigidity. You don't know, your beliefs are just beliefs but that does not stop you from having beliefs. You are aware that your beliefs are only beliefs. They evolve freely without anyone holding onto them.

Edited by WelcometoReality

On 2023-03-15 at 6:05 AM, WelcometoReality said:

Great questions! ?

I think "not knowing" is a good starting place. You become alittle more 'loose' in thinking. Your beliefs becomes more flowing than rigid. If you hold on to the not knowing that is also rigidity. You don't know, your beliefs are just beliefs but that does not stop you from having beliefs. You are aware that your beliefs are only beliefs. They evolve freely without anyone holding onto them.

Exactly :)

Not knowing is a game God plays with itself when it wants to play the game called Spirituality. What you should be asking is what is knowledge. The word knowledge means according to the corrupt human dictionary: awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation. I'm surprised those humans actually got it right. So notice that they correctly said that knowledge comes from AWARENESS. And knowledge is based in EXPERIENCE.

So explain to me how walking around in brain fog...is supposed to be some higher truth? YOU ARE AWARE you are in a brain fog. YOU ARE AWARE you have a desire to communicate this to some strangers on Actualized.Org. Notice I can replace the phrase you are aware with you have knowledge and the sentence flows exactly the same. So what you have knowledge of, is the same as saying you are aware of.

Notice I just complete deconstructed the value of your brain fog and this airy fairy bullshit of....I do not know?? If you didn't know anything...you couldn't even interpret this message I am typing and have an emotional reaction linked to that interpretation. For example...I could speak a language you don't know. You will have knowledge I am speaking a language, but you would not know the meaning. So there is an awareness of something happening, and there is also an awareness of what that happening means. 

Here is another trap to avoid and I so love deconstructing this bullshit in Spirituality circles...SO MUCH FUN!!! People love to tell you...life has no meaning. They are correct. But what they don't realize is....for life to NOT have meaning...it must have INFINITE MEANING!!! This is why life cannot be random. You cannot create a perfectly balanced life that is so balanced that it is devoid of meaning, unless it was meticulously designed to be that way!!! Don't believe me? Go take a piece of paper, draw random bullshit and attempt to extract meaning from it. The only thing you could say is it is random and chaotic.

Notice that life has a design, an intelligence to it. But this design and intelligence if you study it properly has infinite meanings and interpretations that could be derived from it. Because of this...you don't really know which is true and will discover that what you think is true is by default in your mind only the interpretations that either immediately benefit you or threaten you. All other interpretations will be biasedly dismissed as unimportant even if they are equally as valid. THIS IS A CORE SECRET. So yes life is meaningless, because it is so chock full of ABSOLUTE INFINITE MEANING!!!

This discovery FEW WILL ever make because they love to walk around in an ignorant brain fog thinking themselves superior to others repeatedly saying like some drone..."Nothing matters, everything is meaningless, nothing can be known." etc etc. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.