Holymoly

Do people Ever ask you if you believe in God?

7 posts in this topic

Sometimes people ask me this and I’m just like ahh god what do I say ? 

I guess because I haven’t had a god experience but I believe it when other people say they have in this form so I guess in a way I do believe in God haha so I just say yes 

@Holymoly not generally but people do on occasion ask me. I generally answer depending on where I feel the person is at in their own spiritual path.

The less progress it seems they have made, the more vague I will be. But if someone seems to have done serious spiritual work, I will share more details.

I suppose that creates sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy for the person listening, as their own paradigm causes me to feedback information to them that matches it. Which is why paradigms can be so convincing and hard to break. The universe is reflecting back to you what you think.

I say no

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Yeah. My sister asked me earlier today. Well, specifically she asked me if I believed in the afterlife. I simply told her direct experience is the way. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

I used to say I am agnostic but I realized that's not very authentic + people try to convert you if you tell them that. Now I stay authentic and just tell them I see that God is everything right here right now. And when it comes to believing in whether there is some being above the clouds or deities out there behind the scenes, I just tell them the truth, I don't know. This leads to interesting conversations.

The answer is yes, I always have, and I always will.

Even when I left my religion at age 18, I never stopped believing in God.

But it’’s more than a belief now, more than faith even.

I’ve been 24/7 non-stop conscious and connected to God the last year and more. 

God is the most obvious and close thing that exists.

He is my everything.

my answer to this is

i am pretty open actually, what is your take on it (optional: and what is your personal experience and how is you lifestyle because of it)

this leads to a fruitful conversation

such a question if answered easily leads to argument and conflict

which is why i suggest the above which leads to agreement and harmony