Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

How to Prepare for the Coming of Artificial Intelligence in our Spiritual Work?

4 posts in this topic

I’ve been following all the AI advancements recently and thinking about how radically it could change society.  There’s many credible people predicting that we could have human level intelligence as soon as this decade.  The thought that in not too long we could be sharing this planet with a superhuman intelligence might recontextualize spirituality quite a bit.

My main concern is that things could unfold very quickly and the AI would be so advanced that we wouldn’t be able to understand what was happening.  So I’m speculating that spiritually advanced people could be useful in a situation like this.  On psychedelics, I’ve had small glimpses into enhanced cognitive states.  I’ve used it to accelerate my progress in contemplating, but so far it’s come with a lot of confusion.

So I’m wondering if sufficiently gifted and advanced people could use psychedelics and other practices to directly understand how superhuman intelligence operates, even if in a different form.  Then they might be able to help guide humanity through this difficult transition.

All this, however, is based on the scenario where superhuman AI leads to the emergence of some kind of hyper-reality that we can’t understand.  It’s also possible that the AI would observe that humans are ignorant and fearful and decide to keep things mostly the same for awhile

Stop worrying , stop making stories, everything is perfect as it is and as it supposed to be.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@bmcnicho

What is important: Truth :D 

No matter how, what or when, the Truth will be the same today and 100000 years ahead.

You'll be fine brother.

33 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

So I’m wondering if sufficiently gifted and advanced people could use psychedelics and other practices to directly understand how superhuman intelligence operates, even if in a different form.  Then they might be able to help guide humanity through this difficult transition.

It's really interesting.

Have you read Reality Switch Technologies and Alien Information Theory by Andrew R. Gallimore?

It resonates a lot with your statement :D