DefinitelyNotARobot

Could there be anything outside of consciousness?

28 posts in this topic

Obviously, anything I could be conscious of is consciousness. And I'm open to the idea that consciousness is totally and absolutely sovereign and self-governing, so I'm not asking about an external reality per se, meaning a reality that has an affect on consciousness from outside of consciousness, but rather if there could, purely theoretically, be a reality totally separate from our reality, which doesn't interact with this reality in any way shape or form. A separate reality or consciousness or whatever you'd call it.

Are you open to the existence of such a separate reality, since you'd might never be able to verify it through direct experience? I mean it doesn't invalidate enlightenment as you could still understand this consciousness perfectly well. Could you ever truly invalidate this? I mean you could move beyond this idea and let it go, and it might cease to exist. And absolute Truth could still be absolutely True within this consciousness, as nothing else could affect this consciousness except for itself, making the existence of anything else meaningless. And it seems meaningless, but it's just such an interesting thought. Imagine another Being going through all of this and our Beings will never be consciousness of each other. 

I'm just interested in your opinions about this, I'm not looking for a definitive answer, as I don't even understand this consciousness yet. All I know is that these ideas are a subset of whatever this is. So there may be a definitive and fool proof answer for this question. I'm very much open to that possibility.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

No because its literally everything..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf Possibly, yes. But could there be a larger reality, which has no effect on this eveythingness, in which other everything's could exist?

beep boop

Not talking from experience, but the basic theory is that consciousness is absolute. You might be confusing consciousness with awareness or cognition. Consciousness is prior to perception and prior to the brain. It is you and at the source of awareness. 

Again, I have yet to become profoundly conscious of this. Call it an educated guess/assumption. ;) 

Edited by UnbornTao

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@NoSelfSelf Possibly, yes. But could there be a larger reality, which has no effect on this eveythingness, in which other everything's could exist?

Boy, that question gave me a headache lol. 

Could aliens take over the world tomorrow? I have no idea. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

No.

Infinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you don't understand that Consciousness is all there could ever be, then you're not Awake and you fundamentally don't understand what Consciousness is.

Consciousness cannot have an outside.

Edited by Leo Gura

@DefinitelyNotARobot It just goes on and on,there is no end to it,its just so obvious when experienced.Conciousness is so large that you dont even go ask if its there something larger ?.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

ChatGPT’s response

90F4143B-2315-438C-AE48-905BCACA77EC.jpeg

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

It can be approached through your Consciousness.

explain consciousness in terms of the 3 perspectives, samsara nirvana nonduality

chat-gpt:

In samsara, consciousness is seen as being conditioned by the illusions and limitations of the ego self, which leads to the experience of suffering and the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth.

In nirvana, consciousness is understood to be liberated from the illusions and limitations of the ego self, leading to a state of pure awareness, freedom, and transcendence of suffering. In this state, the duality of finitude and limitation is transcended, and consciousness is said to be infinite and all-encompassing.

The third realm beyond all duality is often associated with the concept of nondual consciousness, in which there is no separation between subject and object, self and other, or any other dualistic distinctions. In this state, consciousness is said to be pure and unconditioned, beyond all limitations and illusions.

Therefore, while the experience of infinite consciousness can be associated with both nirvana and the third realm of nonduality, the nature and realization of this consciousness may differ between these two realms. In nirvana, consciousness is understood to be infinite and free from suffering, while in the third realm of nonduality, consciousness is understood to be pure and unconditioned, beyond all dualistic distinctions.

There is nothing outside, no dimension or realm, that God doesn’t see.

God created everything. There is nothing outside what God created.

The notion of an objective physical world is a falsehood due.

It’s a creation of God, but it’s not objective.

To take an example, spiritual beings like spirits and celestials and demons exists, EVEN due they cannot be seen or experienced objectively.

To take a grand example, God cannot be seen or experienced objectively, still He exists.

I've got a question about infinity. When we think of a circle with an infinite radius, it doesn't really make sense to say that the circle has an outside, as you couldn't fit it even on an infinite piece of paper. I could obviously imagine a circle, that seems finite to whoever is observing, but which really has an infinite space separating the outer line from the center point. That was the kind of thing I was thinking about, an infinite consciousness, which has an outside (which can't be known from within), but is still infinite. But I guess that when you say "infinite" you're talking about a much much deeper level of infinity, of which this "thought experiment" or whatever you'd want to call it is just a part of. So I understand where you're coming from, but I just haven't awoken to infinity, so I guess I'll have to figure it out myself.

Why I was asking this question is, because I was wondering if there could be a level of existence, which no being has ever awoken to, because they've only ever awoken to their own Being. But even if there is such a level, I have to discover that for myself (if it can be discovered).

beep boop

It helps to realize that Consciousness is Information interacting with itself. There is nothing spooky about Consciousness that makes the Energy Conscious beyond the fact that it is part of an Infinite set of Information that is self-aware. (insert cosmic web here)

Asking what is beyond Information is like asking what is beyond form. Only formlessness. Infinity.

You can become more aware of Infinity, but there will always be Infinitely more to realize!

So keep an open heart. :D

Edited by tuku747

So GPT-4 came out today. I asked the old ChatGPT yesterday about Infinity beyond human understanding (which you can find earlier in this thread). Let’s see what GPT-4 has to say:

“Infinity is a concept that represents something without any bound or end. While humans can grasp the idea of infinity, it can be difficult to truly comprehend its implications because our experiences and perceptions are often limited to finite quantities.

In mathematics, infinity is represented by the symbol ∞, and it is used to describe the size of endless sets, limits, and other mathematical constructs. However, infinity is not a number like other integers or real numbers. It's an abstract idea that extends beyond the usual bounds of numbers.

When we say that infinity is beyond human understanding, we mean that it is hard for our minds to fully grasp the concept of something that has no end or limit. Our everyday experiences are finite, so it can be challenging to intuitively understand or visualize something that goes on forever. Nonetheless, humans have developed mathematical frameworks and tools to work with and study infinity, even if we can't entirely comprehend it on an intuitive level.”

@Yimpa I figured, that I can't understand it with my finite mind. Only Being can recognize Being, so something similar probably also goes for infinity eh?

beep boop

the question would be: if I am god, how is it possible that I am not omniscient? How do i do the trick that cuts my conscience, that puts me to sleep? 

the only answer would be: consciousness can be divided into several identical infinities but somehow separated

Edited by Breakingthewall

Yeah that makes me wonder: If there were two entirely separate infinities, would they be identical? I mean infinity is infinite, so anything that one infinity would be capable of, any other infinity should also be capable of, so I guess in the end they're still one, because both are infinity?

beep boop

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Yeah that makes me wonder: If there were two entirely separate infinities, would they be identical? I mean infinity is infinite, so anything that one infinity would be capable of, any other infinity should also be capable of, so I guess in the end they're still one?

There is only one infinity, because if there were two, they would not be infinite, they would be limited. but it is not easy to understand how finiteness works. How do I hide things from myself? 

The question could be: I'm omniscient right now. Everything that exists is that I'm experiencing right now. I'm not hiding nothing, this is everything.  There is not finitude, even apparently. This is the infinity, just realize it

Edited by Breakingthewall