OBEler

Cannot sleep since days after trip

11 posts in this topic

A Friend of mine has sleep issues in the past about 10 years ago. Back then he could not sleep for months. 

He tried lately some psychedelics the past 6 month (mostly 5 meo dmt). On wednessday he took 50 micro lsd and had a breakthrough (5 days before he took 5 mipt where he also had breakthrough, on every Trip he has) . Since then he cannot sleep. 

He also feels he has an infect right now, his body parts hurt. What can he do? 

I know going to an doctor is the way to go. But outside of that what can he do for normal sleep? 

Edited by OBEler

• Obviously insomniacs should never use psychotropic drugs without a doctor's recommendation.
  • Foods rich with magnesium can help.
  • Exercising can help.
  • Relaxing activities.
  • Going out with friends and talking to family members.
  • Basically anything that takes your mind off of whatever it is that's not allowing you to sleep.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

This is in relation to kundalini but since ur friend used psychedelics it can be that he moved much energy in the system that he normally he is not used to.

Question: I am unable to sleep due to excess Kundalini energy when I lay down despite being tired, how can I get some rest?

Answer: The reason the energy is coursing more through the body right when you lay down is because the body mind is relaxed. When one is in this semi sleep relaxation state, kundalini flows most efficiently.

The flow further excites the whole nervous system and there is excessive prana, which implies a speeding up and increase of hormonal production, or a susequent fatique of hormonal glands and decrease in production of both hormones and neurochemicals.

The awakening of kundalini often disrupts the production of melatonin or creates excess in some cases, the intense inner fire and the light generated from the charged kundalini often disrupt sleep cycle and circadian rhythm.

To assist the nervous sytem to calm down and produce ample melatonin, one should sit for meditation during the early morning as well as evening twilight phases. This circulates the energy so it wont attempt to charge up when you are relaxing for sleep, give it enough time to circulate as well as ground during the day instead.

Other factors would be to use herbs that help calm the nervous sytem and help in production of melatonin. Below is a list of plants that can be used.

Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Chamomile, Tagara, Valerian, Jatamansi Sarpagandha, shankhpushpi, Ashitaba.

One must also understand the shakti will possibly keep one on fire burning many nights, such is this force of transformation, it demands absolute surrender and even letting go sleep sometimes. It should be seen as a complete rewiring of the entire being, and what may eventually emerge is a bodymind that does not require long hours of sleep.

He needs a real doctor if you can find him a shaman would be best. They are specialized in these things.

Until then I would lay on the earth outside and she will draw the excess away. A nature environment would be ideal.

Grounding and Earthing is very important when playing with substances, especially without a shaman.

If you don't have deep roots with Self and or the Earth psychedelics can sweep you off your feet.

Many Blessings

As above so below, as within so without.

I would look into light therapy (done after you wake up, of course). I’ve been doing it for years and it’s been helpful. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

I would go for sleep medication if it doesn‘t settle by itself

also i‘d cycle them and take different kinds for a few nights each to not get addicted to one

Edited by PurpleTree

21 hours ago, M A J I said:

He needs a real doctor if you can find him a shaman would be best. They are specialized in these things.

Until then I would lay on the earth outside and she will draw the excess away. A nature environment would be ideal.

Grounding and Earthing is very important when playing with substances, especially without a shaman.

If you don't have deep roots with Self and or the Earth psychedelics can sweep you off your feet.

Many Blessings

A doctor? 
its just a fact that psychedelics changes the inner patterns of the individual.

It can really be a simple thing. His body does not need so much sleep as it used to have. Just a reconfiguration phase in my opinion 

8 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

A doctor? 
its just a fact that psychedelics changes the inner patterns of the individual.

It can really be a simple thing. His body does not need so much sleep as it used to have. Just a reconfiguration phase in my opinion 

I understand that but if he is in pain and suffering greatly he needs support, a shaman, guide who can help him adjust, integrate, ground and balance the energies. Many people have Awakenings prematurely through substances and end up in mental hospitals because no proper guide or support. They don't understand what is happening to them.

Many have gone insane from their Awakenings, I.E Charles Manson...

This is why there is Guru/Master and Student/Disciple.

Awakening and Enlightenment are very different.

One is being Born again another is Maturing to Mastery.

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

@Giulio Bevilacqua you are correct. 

He slept after 4 days normal again. He is total fine now. No medication needed

Careful about thinking that psychedelics have something to do with that. He took lsd in night and of course this lets you stay awake the whole night. 

His sleeping problems were a result of destroying the normal sleep cycle, not of taking psychedelics. Although lsd Was the reason he could stay awake the whole night but another stimulants could do the same

On 3/11/2023 at 10:30 PM, OBEler said:

A Friend of mine has sleep issues in the past about 10 years ago. Back then he could not sleep for months. 

So it's not so much the psychedelic then.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have a history of 10 years of severe sleep deprivation, that was resolved a few years ago. So maybe my perspective has some value here.

Its highly stimulatory, ive only recently started LSD and it always gives me a bad night of sleep, reduces my recovery rate and gives me a headache the next day. 3/4 trips now it has happened.

Im still figuring it out doe, im sure i can get a smoother experience with practice.

But the main observation is that it reduces sleep quality that 1 day, so if your prone to sleeping issues, 1 bad night of sleep can trigger a stressed state that can induce consecutive bad nights in a row.  

So basically hes relapsing. The danger here is he gets stuck. With my brain chemistry that happened and it lasted 10 years. Its important he knows the risks. Its related to how neurotic you are. The more neurotic someone is with supressed trauma/insecurities the higher chance psychedelics will impact there sleep. 

The only thing that really helps when your really in the grip of it is to eat a huge meal. That's about the best advice that i can give. It changes all the hormones and sedates. It can induce some sleep that will restore sleep confidence that frees him from the grip of it. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?