BlessedLion

Looks like anti vax was the right call

57 posts in this topic

I was so close to getting it. Thank God I stuck to intuition

@BlessedLion

Aubrey missed big on Covid. He is a smart guy spiritually, but a number of his political takes are low-quality. This is one of them.

The right call is the call you made for you. For someone else, the right call was getting it. We all have different and unique paths in life.

Anti-vax was and still is a horribly wrong call from the perspective of public health and governance.

The vaccine saved millions of lives and trillions of dollars in economics. Don't listen to New Agers on governance.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@BlessedLion

8 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

I was so close to getting it. Thank God I stuck to intuition

Dude, stop being a Vax apologist. That choice has mostly been a net negative for the pandemic, millions of lives killed and hospitals overloaded just because of idiocy. Yeah very positive!

I'm sure ER doctors on the frontline dealing with the slaughter of the pandemic of the unwaxed population who refused the vaccination in the middle of a cytokine storm, would give you a massive rubber glove high-five. 

Easy to quack from the comfort of one's home looking at some random data set the way these guys are doing. 

Playing Call of Duty is not the same as being on the front with a rifle in your hand and bullets flying over your head 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm fine.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You know what, you're right. We should have done absolutely nothing just to see what would have happened. That's so much more interesting and we can stick it to the man too at the same time! I'm sure it would have just gone away on it's own. Viruses get bored too. I'm sure after killing a bunch of people it would have called it a day and stopped and left. Feel sick? Nah we can't let you in the hospital sorry, it's not a real virus it's probably just in your head. Just go home and take some horse medicine and walk it off.

hrhrhtewgfegege

We didn't knew what the Virus could become back when vaccination started. Now we can't know what would have happened if no one would have been vaccinated. Discussing 'What if' might be interesting but for going on as societies, groups ad people that is useless, I don't do that. You can.

We can discuss how people treated each other. We can discuss statistical evidence of damages from vaccinations. We can discuss people overreacted based on data analysis. Etc.

But it won't change one thing. The Taboo belief Question of 'Was the Virus really that harmful?' is a sociological Question, not a hard fact. If people treat it as true, it become true (Thomas Theorem). Now we have two minority groups: hardcore 'C19 = harmful' and hardcore 'C19 != harmful' - and a majority that just goes on with their lives. The strive for truth of one group insults the other and vice versa. BUT... We won't solve the Conflict ultimately 'just like that' (SEE ! WE were right!!), maybe Historians of future Generations can paint a more neutral Picture. But the problem remains.. you can't know what has NOT happened.

Good for you for listening to your intuition and holding your ground.

Unless you're in the risk group you didn't need it.

I got the initial two vax, but denying the boosters.

The reality is it was a risk either way, neither side should walk away smug about this.

You could flip a coin and choose the right side, it doesn't mean you chose the right side due to being more informed.

1 hour ago, ZenAlex said:

You could flip a coin and choose the right side

No! That implies that the risks are equal, which they are not. This is why we have science with rigorous statistical analysis.

Edited by Leo Gura

@ZenAlex

1 hour ago, ZenAlex said:

I got the initial two vax, but denying the boosters.

The reality is it was a risk either way, neither side should walk away smug about this.

You could flip a coin and choose the right side, it doesn't mean you chose the right side due to being more informed.

ABSOLUTELY NOT POSSIBLE! Flipping that coin already assumes risks are 50/59, which highly not the case. This level of dumb has killed much more than saved lives. I would only agree if I hate humanity and want to reduce it's population, which your strategy is leaning to more than saving people.

@Michael569 @Michael569 @Danioover9000 @Leo Gura @Roy

You guys have anything but mockery for this thread?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No! That implies that the risks are equal, which they are not. This is why we have science with rigorous statistical analysis.

To whom?

On what timeline?

What is your argument against Robert Malone?

What about it not reducing transmission?

What about boosters? We didn’t start out knowing there’d be 2-3+ boosters?

On 3/12/2023 at 9:49 AM, Michael569 said:

Easy to quack from the comfort of one's home looking at some random data set the way these guys are doing. 

‘That guy’ helped invent the mRNA vaccine, did you even watch the video?

I will end with this- the vaccine can not be for 100% of people, so the mockery and willingness to shut down this conversation (although I think the topic is dated) is disturbing, perhaps.

If you’re worried that the overall narrative should be to push vaccines- and you think threads like this prevent that, even today, may I suggest a reevaluation.

Edited by mw711

1 hour ago, mw711 said:

To whom?

On what timeline?

In general for the entire population.

Regardless of timeline.

Your risk of side-effects is higher from getting Covid than from the vaccine, regardless of your age.

What is your argument against Robert Malone?

My argument is that the vaccine saved millions of lives. There is no arguing with that.

What about it not reducing transmission?

So? It still saved lives and reduced the severity of illness. It also saved hospitals from being overrun.

If everyone is vaxxed then transmission becomes a moot point. Transmission is a problem for unvaxxed folk.

What about boosters? We didn’t start out knowing there’d be 2-3+ boosters?

So what? You never know everything. You must make decisions based on the information available AT THE TIME, not in retrospect.

Fear-mongering about vaccines to the public is deeply irresponsible. These anti-vaxxers literally poisoned the minds of hundreds of millions of people. As a result, the next pandemic will kill millions because half the population will be dogmatically anti-vax. As far as I'm concerned these anti-vaxxers are murderously irresponsible.

Edited by Leo Gura

I had two vaccines but in the end i felt it was unnecessary. Kinda dissapointed in myself. Next time im gonna trust my intuition more.

On 3/13/2023 at 0:05 PM, Salvijus said:

I had two vaccines but in the end i felt it was unnecessary. Kinda dissapointed in myself. Next time im gonna trust my intuition more.

What were you expecting? A psychedelic trip?

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

I can't lie, it cracks me up that now it seems (obviously) it wasn't great for absolutely everyone to get the vax, but to suggest so a couple years back even on this forum meant you were "anti-vax" and declared right wing. 

10 hours ago, ThermalTide said:

it wasn't great for absolutely everyone to get the vax, but to suggest so a couple years back even on this forum meant you were "anti-vax"

Nobody has ever claimed that vax is absolutely great for everyone. I posted on my blog early into Covid that the vaccine has risks, but that those risks are outweighed by the risks of getting Covid. That you cannot understand this is truly sad from an intelligence point of view.

If the vax killed 100,000 people, I would still tell you to get vaccinated. Because Covid killed more. How you do not understand this is beyond me.

Until you provide evidence that the vaccine killed over 1 million people, all your anti-vax rhetoric is meaningless.

Edited by Leo Gura