Huz

In One Word, What's You Biggest Fear?

118 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jhonny said:

I grew up in a deeply religious family and society. So i fear it when i let go of the mandatory religious rituals. That i will be given punishment hereafter. It never goes away completely.

Does it help at all to account for those beliefs? As in to retrace who told you and how it got reinforced. Or the thinking that if you were born in different parts of the world, you would have been indoctrinated with that regional religion? Also, you could study at least 3 religions, and then start to get a perspective on how they are mostly the same. YouTube Richard Dawkins? He might help.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Void

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

anxiety (aka my own mind) what a demon that chibt is!

One of my biggest fears is... throwing up. Also known as emetophobia.

Ever since upchucking in front of everyone at a camp cookout when I was 9, I've been deathly afraid to vomit. 

When the fear was really bad, I ate until I was not-hungry, not until I was full. I carried around TUMS and ate a couple every day. I got really, really skinny. Any time I was nauseous, I lied down and moaned my way through the pain. I fought not to throw up. 

Almost a decade after the cookout event, I finally did the technicolor yawn. Twice while I was drunk, once while I was sober. 

I realized that throwing up is not the problem. The problem is my shame that's linked to vomiting. The problem is surrendering control. The problem is the anticipation. The problem is the feeling that part of me will die.

Fortunately, the fear is nearly gone. A couple of practical things that have helped me, in case any fellow emetophobes are reading this:

• Just surrender. The ultimate solution. If you're nauseous, let yourself throw up. It feels like death at first. But afterwards, you'll feel more alive.
  • Eat good food. Preferably whole foods. Foods that work with your digestive system, not against it. They will settle your stomach.
  • Practice gagging in the morning. This one's weird, but hear me out. When you're stomach's empty in the morning, stick your toothbrush into the gag reflex. Try not to vocalize your gag. Don't worry, you won't vomit. It actually feels pretty good once you get used to it.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

when I wake up I'm afraid 

somebody else might take my place

Edited by aryberry

an empty rocking chair that moves by itself.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena haha How about a strange noise in the middle of the night? 

Some footfalls maybe,or some keys trying to unlock the door! What about hearing some whispering from unfamiliar voices? Lol

Edited by egoeimai

Failure a.k.a. premature death.

Edited by Alex K

Fear of death

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

bats    onion021.gif

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly