Huz

In One Word, What's You Biggest Fear?

118 posts in this topic

What is your main fear? And how are you going about accepting and loving it in your life?

Mine is the dreaded COMMITMENT. From all my social anxiety, panic attacks etc etc. I believe it boils down to one main thing. The fear of COMMITMENT (in relationships, passions, work etc).

In one word my biggest fear is probably experiencing a deep feeling of inadequicy as a result of abandonnent. A lot of my actions are motivated to prevent this feeling from resurfacing.  Basically, all my actions. 

I deal with this fear by allowing it and experiencing it. It's a slow and grueling process, but I feel like I'm not as afraid anymore. Meditation has helped a lot. 

The fear of regretting my life choices or my life in general when I am older. Has anybody an idea on how to overcome this?

So Regret it is

Edited by Echoes

Complacency.  I am here to be useful, helpful and to learn and grow.  If i become complacent, I've given up and it's all over.  Also what @Nahm said.

It's hell unfortunately. I still have unfinished subconscious beliefs that I need to take care of with that. And second to that is an undignified death.

Fear.

It causes lots of other problems in life.

"There's nothing to fear than fear itself." -Atticus, one of the main characters in To Kill a Mockingbird

I fear losing. However loss can be materials or emotion such as loved ones. so I fear losing my self in a ego. 

it's my father as a parent to give the last piece of my heart/love . that is my deepest fear. 

Invalidation. ?

I haven't worked to embrace this. Ideas? What's da plan? 

nothing is anything

Fears throughout my life:

@ 1 year old (yes, I do remember) - separation
@ 5yo - rejection
@ 10 - inadequacy
@ 12 - uncertainty
@ 14 - pain
@ 16 - hardship
@ 21 - loneliness
@ 28 - commitment
@ 38 - DarkNightoftheSoul
@ now - aLifethatstooBusyforDance

Edited by jse

I grew up in a deeply religious family and society. So i fear it when i let go of the mandatory religious rituals. That i will be given punishment hereafter. It never goes away completely.