integral

The Forum is not good for making money, a critical part of Spirituality

57 posts in this topic

That being said, raising a lot of capital for big projects is tough, and usually requires dirt to be thrown on the things that actually matter.

Something I struggle with as well.

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Sorry, I must have been sleep deprived. Idk why I thought that you refer to this forum xD

Edit:

I've checked it out and wow there are lots of posts there of people sharing their stories about how they've made a bunch of money rather quickly with minimum skills. Like the examples below:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-to-create-a-2k-mo-passive-income-website-in-30-days-or-less.107531/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/earning-5-5k-mo-at-16-im-doing-it.107383/

Is this real or is this some sort of scam to promote books or whatever they are selling on that forum? Stories sound legit, but also kind of too good to be true?

@Girzo @supremeyingyang @flowboy any advise, please? Are those forum/books/threads/money making methods like this (create your own digital marketing agency with no marketing knowledge by hiring a contractor to do the work for you or create some bullshit digital product in 20 minutes and sell it through google adds) something that is actually worth checking out and trying to replicate (if I throw all the ideology out of it) or is it a waste of time and I should stick to Leo's advise of trying to find my life purpose, developing mastery in something, etc.?

@Leo Gura could you share your opinion on this as well? You've also gotten out of wage slavery by starting some sort of digital marketing business, right?

That's up to you.

I found I can simply not motivate myself to work consistently on something I'm not deeply passionate about.

But if you can, more power to you.

Maybe that can get you to a more comfortable place to develop a deeper purpose.

Those stories I believe to be real, yes.

If you can find holes in the market like that and capitalize on them, you can make a lot of money quickly.

Doesn't mean it's not a lot of work.

In a way, I kind of resent not being able to do that: I've started and almost immediately stopped a marketing consultancy, I've started to sell 15k coaching programs to corporate entities, but before any real milestones happen I'm struck with the realisation: "I just don't care deeply enough about this" and lose all motivation.

So I have to follow the other path: starting from my obsessive interest, then seeing how it can help people and make money.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

15 hours ago, integral said:

I'm also in a comfortable position, but i want to create and invent things, i have millions of ideas but the journey getting it from start to finish I know will cost significant financial investment and time, then years into production after release i would then know if there is even a market for it.

Right now im interested in building a stress monitor that track breath rate and that provides stress protection on all devices, so if your stressed it will black out the screen of the device being used. This is for people serious about stress management, recognize they have an problem/addiction, its also for gamers that want to optimize there flow state by making all experiences in front of the computer stress free, as the device would prevent using the computer in a stressed state, the point being promoting good training vs bad training.

The development for this would likely take 6 months for the hardware, software and web technology, then after prototype is built(with significant issues im sure) the biggest issue im having is how to cheaply produce the hardware components from china (no idea how)? Then 99% of the sales come from marketing and sooo... what i market on tiktok?

From having no experience doing all this it all feels very unlikely to succeed especially the marketing part, and i know from software/hardware experience the device itself with very likely be buggy that takes an extra 3 months to resolve with all the complications with cheap parts.

Im not seeing how people succeed at any of this.

https://titoma.com/product-development-process/mass-electronics-manufacturing-china

https://www.zoominfo.com/top-lists/top-10-companies-from-mfg-electronics-industry-in-CN-by-number-of-employees

People that do this usually don't make money, do you have a roster of other products to make? Start with the cheapest to manufacturer with a healthy market, build relationships in manufacturing. People that get rich on this go negative for years until SOME get a product that hits. Marketing, use content creators.

@flowboy if this is a legitimate way to make money then it could help me to gather enough capital to start a business that I actually care about.

@supremeyingyang I know it's not something that I would do forever, but if I were learning prograamming with the same goal of earning enough money with it to start doing something that I care about, then why not choose this path instead? It seems quicker and lore efficient.  Idk, just thinking out loud.

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@supremeyingyang I know it's not something that I would do forever, but if I were learning prograamming with the same goal of earning enough money with it to start doing something that I care about, then why not choose this path instead? It seems quicker and lore efficient.  Idk, just thinking out loud.

To learn to program makes only sense if you need it later. Working as a programmer to earn capital and skill simultaneously is just time efficient from my perspective.

Why don't just build a business? There are people who did it! Google survivorship bias. The chances to succeed right out of school are just bad. But roll the dices, I'm more safety loving than it is good for me.

Edited by supremeyingyang
correction

On 3/14/2023 at 4:15 AM, Something Funny said:

Sorry, I must have been sleep deprived. Idk why I thought that you refer to this forum xD

Edit:

I've checked it out and wow there are lots of posts there of people sharing their stories about how they've made a bunch of money rather quickly with minimum skills. Like the examples below:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-to-create-a-2k-mo-passive-income-website-in-30-days-or-less.107531/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/earning-5-5k-mo-at-16-im-doing-it.107383/

Is this real or is this some sort of scam to promote books or whatever they are selling on that forum? Stories sound legit, but also kind of too good to be true?

@Girzo @supremeyingyang @flowboy any advise, please? Are those forum/books/threads/money making methods like this (create your own digital marketing agency with no marketing knowledge by hiring a contractor to do the work for you or create some bullshit digital product in 20 minutes and sell it through google adds) something that is actually worth checking out and trying to replicate (if I throw all the ideology out of it) or is it a waste of time and I should stick to Leo's advise of trying to find my life purpose, developing mastery in something, etc.?

@Leo Gura could you share your opinion on this as well? You've also gotten out of wage slavery by starting some sort of digital marketing business, right?

It's tricky. A lot of those kind of stories are get-rich-quick gimmicks.

However, I am an example of someone who got rich quick. I went from making zero to making 6 figures income within about 6-12 months.

There is some validity to this field, however there is a lot of trash and gimmickry. I would say 20% of the field is legit, and 80% is marketing BS. You have to be really good at sorting through it and finding the golden nuggets. Most people who try it fail, but some really smart, hardworking, and creative people will succeed.

In general I would avoid any product or service which is structured like a pyramid scheme, where the seller of the product teaches you how to get rich by teaching other people how to get rich. That is crap. You want to listen to serious business people whose business is not selling you on get-rich-quick pipe dreams. Try to listen to real business people who do real business. Your goal should be to build a real business, not some gimmicky cash grab or grift.

If you want solid business advice I suggest the courses of Eben Pagan. You can search for other teachers like him. Dan Kennedy is also really solid. They can teach you the foundations of marketing and sales.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I had one friend who quit his sales job at Zillow and turned to selling penis enlargement pills on Facebook. He was making 6 figures within a few months. This was about 8 years ago. I doubt that exact same method would work today, but methods like that do exists at all times. You just gotta ferret them out. And you gotta be a good marketer/salesman. There is always low-hanging fruit in some industry. It's just a matter of finding it and capitalizing on it. But finding it is up to you. Don't expect anyone to tell you what it is.

I made close to a million dollars selling annuities.

Edited by Leo Gura

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I made close to a million dollars selling annuities.

That's amazing. Do you think getting finances fully covered like that helped you to let go, stop worrying about money which led you to being able to find your actual life purpose?

Edited by Something Funny

The books of the forum owner are good. He made his money with his IT business and then grew them, describes his successes and failures and how he grew his initial success. While also acknowledging that the book is a source of wealth.

Overall it its way less gimmicky than popular advice like Robert K.

Edited by Michal__

4 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

That's amazing. Do you think getting finances fully covered like that helped you to let go, stop worrying about money which led you to being able to find your actual life purpose?

Of course. That was my whole plan from the start.

@Leo Gura do you need to have good social skills to be a great marketer/salesman? Did you have any at that point?

Or do you just need the knowledge on how to do it?

@Leo Gura ok what about this one. 

Where do you draw the line with your personal ethics in business? What I mean is as a business owner, you'll encounter a lot of offers and ethical conundrums some of them very corruptive some of them a bit less and few which are somewhere at the edge of personal integrity.

Do you avoid everything that doesn't align with your ethical compass? Or do you sometimes take the path of lesser evil if it could mean being able to do your work better in the future?

I'm struggling to come up with particular examples. I think this is more of an epistemological question. 

"How strong do you adhere to your ethics in business"- basically that's the question. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura do you need to have good social skills to be a great marketer/salesman? Did you have any at that point?

Not if you are doing it online.

In-person yes.

24 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@Leo Gura ok what about this one. 

Where do you draw the line with your personal ethics in business? What I mean is as a business owner, you'll encounter a lot of offers and ethical conundrums some of them very corruptive some of them a bit less and few which are somewhere at the edge of personal integrity.

Do you avoid everything that doesn't align with your ethical compass? Or do you sometimes take the path of lesser evil if it could mean being able to do your work better in the future?

I'm struggling to come up with particular examples. I think this is more of an epistemological question. 

"How strong do you adhere to your ethics in business"- basically that's the question. 

Nowadays very strongly. I basically don't even do business. I just make videos and courses.

In the past I was less ethical because I had to bootstrap myself somehow.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura one more question if you don't mind. Did you have any starting capital?

In the life purpose course you've mentioned that your game design job barely covered your costs of living in Boston. Did you find a way to start a business with very little money investment?

4 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura one more question if you don't mind. Did you have any starting capital?

In the life purpose course you've mentioned that your game design job barely covered your costs of living in Boston. Did you find a way to start a business with very little money investment?

I specifically picked a business that required no more than a few thousand in starting capital.

I only invested like $2000 to get it started. Once I started making good profits I reinvested some of that into hiring some helpers and buying some tools and stuff. An online business does not require a lot of starting capital. At least back when I started. Today it's a bit harder because the web is more developed. But still, you can start a YT channel for basically zero. YT channels didn't even exist back when I started.

If you are clever you can find ways to start a biz with very little money. That has always been my approach. I never liked to invest a bunch of cash into a project because it is risky. Of course the other option is to go for a larger biz and find investors. But this usually requires more experience.

Edited by Leo Gura

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I never liked to invest a bunch of cash into a project because it is risky. Of course the other option is to go for a larger biz and find investors.

ISTP,INTJ,ENTJ & INTPs & are quite attracted to these approaches, usually sacrificing independence and personal freedom to make it happen. 

Perhaps this is how @integral feels...?

Edited by MarkKol