Mondsee

If I Don't Do This, I'll Regret It Big Time...

6 posts in this topic

Here's the situation: I want to study a masters degree programe... I really, really, really do, but I hate all the application process.

In general I hate application processes, and I tend to end up doing them just the very last day before the deadline when if I don't, it'll all be gone.

I have been procrastinating on this one for more than two weeks. Even by writing this post I am procrastinating... but what can I do to motivate myself to complete all the bureaucracy procedures???

I'd be thankful for actual motivation advices or a simple "stop complaining and go to work"... -_- Maybe that's what I need...

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

I heard a quote that I think could help ;) “You can’t think your way into right action, but you can act your way into right thinking.”

Memento Mori

If I were you, I'd do the following:

1) Break the task of writing the application into smaller steps. If it is a big project, it doesn't help to visualize yourself completing the whole thing at once. Much better to break it up into smaller pieces and work your way up.

2) Visualize the process of writing the application; contemplate how the structure shall look and maybe go research all the common elements that good applications have to give you an abstract idea of how you can apply these elements to your case.

Good luck :)

@Mondsee Sit down and inquire about why you do have resistance against this process. Why do you hate it? Why do you procrastinate? Look deeply into the emotions and beliefs you hold about the process, until you reveal beliefs and emotions on why there is such a strong resistance. Do this for as long as it takes to get to the core. It shouldn't take to long normally. And also think about the feeling and the freedom of entangling thoughts you have once finished the process of application.

Edited by Echoes

One additional idea, to the good stuff already suggested -

It is easier to help a friend then ourselves. 

Do you have a friend that you could ask something like...

"I'm stuck on this, what are you stuck on?  I'll start for you what you're stuck on, and you for me"

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There's gonna be a lot of shit to do to accomplish your life purpose. Hence why you gotta really love it. When you really love it, the minor shit can be annoying, but isn't enough to ever stop you.

There's plenty of annoying stuff I had to do to get to where I currently am. It's not a big deal because it's eclipsed by the good stuff.

This should go without saying, but without self-discipline, nothing can happen. Maybe take this opportunity to really contemplate why you are shooting yourself in the foot with such petty laziness, and re-commit to disciplining yourself a bit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.