molosku

Comment about Leo's style of speaking/writing

24 posts in this topic

Hi, 

First of all, thanks Leo for all the good work you have done to help the human race evolve.

However, I just wanted to make a comment about something that in the recent years has been increasingly a put-off factor of following actualized.org, and it has to do with (the fundamentally american?) way Leo conveys his teachings: towards a "you" entity that is the assumed sum-collection of all Actualized.org consumers. Example from a recent blog post

"If you identify as progressive or leftist, I cannot emphasize enough just how badly you misunderstand conservatives. Like... really badly! So badly you're an embarrassment to yourself and the human race. This does not make conservatives right about everything. It just means you're deeply fooled by an ideological bubble of your own creation. Which of course, the conservatives are equally guilty of, but that's doesn't absolve you of your responsibility for proper understanding. This is not a matter of political battle, this is a matter of PURE UNDERSTANDING. And I'm here to tell you that you're failing at it."

To me it's quite obvious how the way of directing the information towards a "you" immediately muddies the message itself needlessly. The same information/opinion would be much less aggressive in tone if communicated more matter-of-factly, so to say. Very quick rewording:

"When it comes to identifying as progressive or leftist, it's important to have a proper understanding of conservatives. It's clear that there are misunderstandings on both sides, but it's important to acknowledge and take responsibility for ones own lack of understanding. This is not just a matter of political battle, but a matter of pure understanding. It's important to step outside of any ideological bubbles one might find themselves in and strive for a deeper understanding of opposing viewpoints. This is not a matter of political battle, this is a matter of PURE UNDERSTANDING. And I'm here to tell you that it is way easier to get it wrong than to get it right."

I totally get the overall direct, confrontational style Leo has used a lot in the past, in order to convey seriousness and the existential weight on topics such as enlightenment. However, it is used all over the place in my opinion and is is just simply uncalled for. How would you know what I for example know about the intricate nuances of conservatism? You don't know anything at all about me other than what you could collect from what I have posted on this forum in the way past, when I was more active here. Still the text is directed at some donkey lol :D Maybe Leo sees the majority of his followers as such? I would not know, but that is the *feeling* I get.

Not bashing on Leo's content or ideas here, I totally agree with the main ideas behind the blog post for example, but it just bothers me to read it/how they are communicated. Sort of applying the "learning from partial perspectives" principle on Leo's teachings themselves, which is quite ironic. I'm not telling Leo what to do/how to run his business, thats up to him. 

Much love,

long time follower 

I agree that Leo's style of speaking can come off as arrogant and confrontational and that he's generally a bit informal. It has its ups and downs. On the one hand, it dramatizes his topics to a certain degree which makes them more interesting and allows him to better convey their seriousness. On the other, it can be a bit too much at times and engender judgementalism.

He speaks in length about how he can come off to others, his arrogance among others, in this video:

It's pretty eye opening as someone who's been watching his content for years and no doubt been affected by him on a personal level. Definitely made me consider more how I treat the information I consume on a critical level.

@molosku You make a fair point. I will improve my style going forward to be less aggressive.

I default to the aggressive style because I want to get you activated out of complacency. But I understand it can come off as obnoxious.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@molosku You make a fair point. I will improve my style going forward to be less aggressive.

I default to the aggressive style because I want to get you activated out of complacency. But I understand it can come off as obnoxious.

I like it. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I will improve my style going forward to be less aggressive.

Your "purple cow" was the reason why you resonated with me. I guess I can't stop you from turning it brown... Too bad.

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

You can diminish the agresiveness but using direct "you" is great in my opinion. Makes it much less intelectual and actually forces you to look inside.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Leo Gura I think also that you need to adopt an additional style of making videos. A solo video where I just see your head and you talk for hours on a certain topic can be boring and less attractive. You should start doing some workshops and talk in front of people engaging with a public and making some jokes in the process. You don't necessarily need to let them talk or ask questions, you just make a video in front of people and with a crowd engaing with them.

I love your solo style but I think you need an additional way of conveying your Ideas and make them less boring and more attractive.

Also, I think you should start monetizing a lot of the videos you made. You practically canceled your self. If you hidden some of the more extreme and advanced videos and let the people who need them be the one who actually watch them would have been better. And actually some people will hurt their selves and destroy thier lives watching your videos. If you did this from the beginning, you would have been more popular and more beneficial actually. You would be giving the people who needs basic advice and a more practical teachings or just mild spiritual teachings a more suiting and beneficial teachings.

I expect you to refuse this advice and talk about how special your teachings are and how you just teach the more advanced stuff. Pls consider what I just wrote, don't jist dismiss my opinion.

Cheers

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I think also that you need to adopt an additional style of making videos. A solo video where I just see your head and you talk for hours on a certain topic can be boring and less attractive. You should start doing some workshops and talk in front of people engaging with a public and making some jokes in the process.

I think it's time. 

@Leo Gura, you could start being more creative in your communication. If you really want to transmit the higher states of consciousness, that must hit the audience in different ways. The message needs to arrive in different packaging because we are all different. I'm sure it would be an exciting journey to open up and explore options like workshops, lectures in front of people, casual conversations, retreats, even online meetings with your subscriber, live events... You name it, I invite you to go down this road and create new ways of conveying your message.

Otherwise, you will stagnate on that chair talking for millennia:P

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

You can’t deny though that sometimes we do need to be told we’re full of shit in no uncertain terms. The mankind is the bullshitting animal episode really hit the spot with me back when was released. He was listing all these things that were full of shit, and I was to myself laughing my ass off, yep yep yep yep, full of shit, and then he ended the list with, ‘and YOU… are full of shit? great line. But it opened my eyes and I couldn’t help but laugh and say to myself, oh yea, I really am full of shit. Sometimes these things just need to be said to get the point across

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I always like this style. It's extremely motivating, especially to people (like me) who often need someone to kick their asses to get stuff done. 

To me it was very obviously always a  communication style, so I never took it personal. But everyone's different, it seems to drive alot of people off. Maybe a little disclaimer in your videos not to take things personal, would help^^

Edited by Mormegil

On 09/03/2023 at 8:51 AM, molosku said:

Hi, 

First of all, thanks Leo for all the good work you have done to help the human race evolve.

However, I just wanted to make a comment about something that in the recent years has been increasingly a put-off factor of following actualized.org, and it has to do with (the fundamentally american?) way Leo conveys his teachings: towards a "you" entity that is the assumed sum-collection of all Actualized.org consumers. Example from a recent blog post

To me it's quite obvious how the way of directing the information towards a "you" immediately muddies the message itself needlessly. The same information/opinion would be much less aggressive in tone if communicated more matter-of-factly, so to say. Very quick rewording:

I totally get the overall direct, confrontational style Leo has used a lot in the past, in order to convey seriousness and the existential weight on topics such as enlightenment. However, it is used all over the place in my opinion and is is just simply uncalled for. How would you know what I for example know about the intricate nuances of conservatism? You don't know anything at all about me other than what you could collect from what I have posted on this forum in the way past, when I was more active here. Still the text is directed at some donkey lol :D Maybe Leo sees the majority of his followers as such? I would not know, but that is the *feeling* I get.

Not bashing on Leo's content or ideas here, I totally agree with the main ideas behind the blog post for example, but it just bothers me to read it/how they are communicated. Sort of applying the "learning from partial perspectives" principle on Leo's teachings themselves, which is quite ironic. I'm not telling Leo what to do/how to run his business, thats up to him. 

Much love,

long time follower 

No.

I respectfully disagree.

I like it exactly the way it is. It's perfect.

It doesn't bother me... in fact, it resonates even deeper because that's how I authentically speak in my own mind, too.

Great job, Leo... continue to speak however it comes out... and sometimes it's okay to be a bit "over-the-top." Because that's what adds flavor and juice to the topic.

What's the point of communicating these insights if they're just going to be translated into some stiff-dry format for the sake of not hurting people's feelings (which, frankly, if you can't accept that stylistic choice... and it 'bothers you' that is 1000% YOUR PROBLEM.)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Adam M There's no use bro. Leo doesn't love our kind of people anymore. Honestly, just snort his videos about contemplation, power of not knowing, and insight , like cocaine and then you probably won't need him anymore.

Edited by EdgeGod900

@molosku @Leo Gura I understand the point of view that Leo's way of speaking in videos can just seem arrogant.

But honestly, and I'd say i've contemplated this for a long time, i think there is a lot of potential for devilry in getting Leo to consider changing his speaking style in videos.

In my opinion, the way you speak Leo resonates with very low consciousness parts of people and like you say gets people out of complacency. If you stop communicating in that manner then i am rather confident that these people simply wouldn't resonate with your new style of communications, and they would be attracted to other voices that resonate at that level. And there are a lot of dark, twisted manipulative individuals who will resonate with these low consciousness people, and just exploit them to their own end.

For myself, I have a lot of trauma, i.e. serious depression, CPTSD. And in the past I've had times where i've said screw this, and stopped watching your content and also stopped looking at pickup. And i end up unconsciously looking for a new authority figure who resonates with my level of consciousness, and end up in abusive situations and relationships.

I think on the forum there is a lot more room for positive change because i think regulars are much more bought in here, and also can keep the resonance going by watching your youtube videos. 

In my opinion, telling Leo to change his speaking style in videos is literally threatening people's lives and making people vulnerable to abuse. And making very vulnerable people even more vulnerable. I think its so important to have at least some sort of understanding of the positives of Leo's speaking style in videos. Otherwise, and I know it might seem harsh and even dramatic, but you're literally, in ignorance, risking a lot of people's lives. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

19 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

A solo video where I just see your head and you talk for hours on a certain topic can be boring and less attractive.

Then my work is not for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Then my work is not for you.

The expected reponse, hahahahha

Keep reading my comment

I watched your fking bald head for hundreds of hours.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 hours ago, Ulax said:

In my opinion, the way you speak Leo resonates with very low consciousness parts of people and like you say gets people out of complacency. If you stop communicating in that manner then i am rather confident ... they would be attracted to other voices that resonate at that level. And there are a lot of dark, twisted manipulative individuals who will resonate with these low consciousness people, and just exploit them. 

Ok, I don't think the reason some people resonate with Leo's style is because of their low consciousness parts lol. Its probably because it just feels authentic. When there's little filter in communication, the message feels more personal. Also, Leo's approach feels authentic -- not just because of his vernacular, but how original/novel his ideas are. People like tate (for example) have that unapologetic style as well, but that motherfucker gets his ideas from the Quran and other redpill sources. (Side Note:  Also, to anyone who don't see that Andrew Tate is playing a character is either gullible or just plain retarded)

In my opinion, telling Leo to change his speaking style in videos is literally threatening people's lives and making people vulnerable to abuse. And making very vulnerable people even more vulnerable.

I think this is a bad/exaggerated take. Leo's previous contents(2014-2023) are unapologetic. If people absorbed those videos and they're still vulnerable, especially as small as changing his speaking style, then I'm sorry but no one can help those types of people.

Edited by Ulax
Inflammatory use of dumb

2 minutes ago, EdgeGod900 said:

Ok, I don't think the reason some people resonate with Leo's style is because of their low consciousness parts lol. Its probably because it just feels authentic. When there's little filter in communication, the message feels more personal. Also, Leo's approach feels authentic -- not just because of his vernacular, but how original/novel his ideas are. People like tate (for example) have that unapologetic style as well, but that motherfucker gets his ideas from the Quran and other redpill sources. (Side Note:  Also, to anyone who don't see that Andrew Tate is playing a character is either gullible or just plain retarded)

I think this is a bad/exaggerated take. Leo's previous contents(2014-2023) are unapologetic. If people absorbed those videos and they're still vulnerable, especially as small as changing his speaking style, then I'm sorry but no one can help those types of people.

@EdgeGod900 Fairs man. I stand by what i said, and I disagree with a lot of your points. But we can disagree.

Be-Do-Have

@Ulax

Is that DiCaprio in your pfp btw? Man's a really good scout;)... if you catch my drift.

@EdgeGod900 Ye it is :)

I unfortunately do not catch your drift *cries*

Be-Do-Have