Something Funny

Shouldn I Try Microdosing Or Develop Emotional Mastery Sober Instead?

22 posts in this topic

I struggle from occasional hits of anxiety, depression, and motivation issues. 

Nothing too crazy but it does impact my quality of life and productivity a lot.

So the question is: should I keep trying to just push through it on my own and work on developing basic emotional mastery or should I try microdosing (I have mushroom in mind at the moment) to help myself out?

My concern is that I don't want it to become a crutch for me where I will stop being functional without them. Especially since you can't take them every day.

I don't want to have a situation where I takse mushrooms and feel great for a day, and then waste the next one.

Also, another question I have is:

Will they even help me for the whole day? If a mushroom trip lasts for about 4-5 hours, I assume microdose will also stop working after that time, no?

I’ll speak from my experience: microdosing gave me elevated levels of consciousness, but ultimately didn’t do a damn thing for my depression.

"You Create Magic" 

Depends how strong your negative emotions are. In my experience if you are even in a decent state of mind microdosing can help wonders and can transform you in a charisma machine. You can deal with light anxiety and stuff like that no problem. If you have strong negative emotions like strong anxiety or depression microdosing can elevate that drastically so it's counterproductive then. Also there are after effects from your microdosing day. You can take much of the mood you had on the microdosing day one or two days with you. 

You are sober 98% of the time right?

Doing a trip can be very helpful and insightful.

Personally, I have noticed (and research backs this up) after a mushroom trip you can feel better for like 3 months.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Flowerfaeiry did having elevated states of consciousness help you in any way to function better in your day to day life? Like be more productive, creative, etc.?

@Jannes thank you for advise. It depends on the day, but usually my emotions are not that dramatic so I guess it should be okay.

@Thought Art but I am not talking about full trips, just microdosing. Actually, me not being able to do regular full trips anymore is another concern that I haven't raised as those are also really valuable, and ideally I would like to dp both. Maybe getting my hands on some other substance that doesn't have cross tolerance with mushrooms could be a solution. 

@Thought Art @Jannes but my biggest worry is, as I said, me turning it into a crutch. Where I am a "super productive, creative, charisma machine" when microdosing and then feel helpless when I am sober. Is this a real possibility?

I would like to have those gains that I get while microdosing to transfer into my sober state eventually. But I don't know if that's possible. 

8 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Thought Art @Jannes but my biggest worry is, as I said, me turning it into a crutch. Where I am a "super productive, creative, charisma machine" when microdosing and then feel helpless when I am sober. Is this a real possibility?

I would like to have those gains that I get while microdosing to transfer into my sober state eventually. But I don't know if that's possible. 

Microsoding isnt addictive. In my experience even with exceptional results I naturally tended not to take them. I kind of had to force myself to take them even though the results were great. 

If you tell yourself that you only function well when micro dosed then that might impact you sober. I haven't tested it out enough to really say. But I am pretty sure the crutch effect is a lot less than the crutch effect some people develop on alcohol because while microcoding you are actually conscious and therefore that micro dosed state is somewhat accessible while sober through memory. 

Psylocibin makes me very creative, emphatic, fun, social but not that productive but it's different for everybody so it might not effect you the same way. 

19 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

There are after effects. If you were in a great mood when microdosing you still have much of that vibe the next day and some of it even the day after. And then you can take the next micro dose.

Well, thats a reasonable concern.

Have you tried Qigong?

Have you read "Success Principles by Joseph Campbell?

Do you sleep well? Eat well?

◭"89"

9 hours ago, Jannes said:

There are after effects. If you were in a great mood when microdosing you still have much of that vibe the next day and some of it even the day after. And then you can take the next micro dose.

That's good to hear. A few mpr questions.

How long does it last? If I take it in the morning, will it affect me for the whole day?

What dosage do you think I should start with?

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Have you tried Qigong?

No

Have you read "Success Principles by Joseph Campbell?

No

Do you sleep well? Eat well?

Not always, but I am working on it.

Why?

38 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

That's good to hear. A few mpr questions.

How long does it last? If I take it in the morning, will it affect me for the whole day?

It lasts about 6 hours. But you will have the strongest after effects directly after the trip. You could also microdose lsd. Lsd lasts longer. For me I don’t like the effects as much as psylocibin but it could be the opposite with you as psychedelics effect everyone differently. 

38 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

What dosage do you think I should start with?

You can buy Atlantis magic truffle microdosing kits and there the dose is 1g. I usually take a similar equivalent in dried form. Magic Mushrooms are stronger then magic truffles though so you would need to take a smaller dose for the same effect.  

@Jannes I already have mushrooms so it's the easiest way for me I think. 

Do you think that if I use microdosing while socializing I will be able to use this reference experience to then act the same way all the time?

15 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Do you think that if I use microdosing while socializing I will be able to use this reference experience to then act the same way all the time?

No, you won't turn your whole psyche around from a few microdosing experiences. But I think if you do it many times it adds up and has long term effects. 

@Something Funny Because when you eat well, sleep well, know and embody the success principles and practice Qigong you wont need a crutch. You can then use psychedelics to push you higher and higher to self actualize.

◭"89"

Qigong (pronounced "chee-gong") is an ancient Chinese practice that combines physical movements, breathing techniques, and meditation to improve overall health and well-being. Here are some of the health benefits of Qigong:

Reduces stress and anxiety: Qigong promotes relaxation and reduces stress by calming the mind and body. The slow, deliberate movements combined with deep breathing help to lower cortisol levels, which are associated with stress and anxiety.

Improves balance and flexibility: The gentle movements in Qigong improve balance and flexibility, which can reduce the risk of falls and improve mobility in daily life.

Boosts the immune system: Studies have shown that Qigong can boost the immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells and improving their function.

Relieves pain: Qigong can help to relieve chronic pain by improving circulation, reducing inflammation, and releasing tension in the muscles and joints.

Lowers blood pressure: Qigong has been shown to lower blood pressure by promoting relaxation and improving circulation.

Improves mental clarity and focus: Qigong can help to improve mental clarity and focus by reducing stress and improving overall brain function.

Enhances overall well-being: Regular practice of Qigong can lead to improved overall well-being by promoting physical, mental, and emotional balance.

Overall, Qigong is a gentle and low-impact practice that can be beneficial for people of all ages and fitness levels. It is a great way to reduce stress, improve physical health, and promote overall well-being.

◭"89"

◭"89"

@Something Funny On Trip days, I will usually do Qigong, meditate, trip.. and then after the trip do more Qigong. This way I am just totally feeling peaceful, safe strong, etc

Qigong is one of the manual practices that should be done at least 5 minutes a day. Ideally 15-30 minutes. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"