Potential

What to do when you feel very depressed? (And how to do it)

11 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I am very depressed and I woud love to get some tips for things to do when feeling miserabele.

And also, how can I do something when I am too depressed to do the things I normally like?

It feels like I don't want to do things anymore and Just lay in bed all day, and too much laying in bed won't help me in the end I guess. Or does it?

Thank you in advance! :D

PS: if you're also depressed and read this, let me know and/or send me a PM

Have you seen a therapist and/or a psychiatrist before? 

I can relate to what you’re going through. I can also tell that you do want to do things with your life and not stay in bed all day, but you don’t trust yourself (yet). 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

Depressed = deep rest :)

Be fully with where you are at and what you need to experience, nurture yourself.

Once you had your deep rest with Self, you will naturally rise.

1 hour ago, player1995 said:

Depressed = deep rest :)

Be fully with where you are at and what you need to experience, nurture yourself.

Once you had your deep rest with Self, you will naturally rise.

Ha, nice. I don’t blame anybody for being depressed (including myself). Our current times are pretty cray cray.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

• Have authentic conversations with people (Friends and family).
  • Don't try to do too much and guilt yourself for being unproductive, forget about all of that for some time. 
  • Spend time trying out new experiences (preferably with other people).
  • Fix your sleep schedule.
  • Get Sunlight.
  • Vit D supplements. (Vit D helps in the production of seretonin). 
  • Eat a high-protein and high-fat breakfat everyday, google is your friend for recipes (skip the simple carbs).
  • Go on a walk. 
  • Write down whatever's going on in yopur mind. Don't try to edit it, just keep writing. 
Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

There's always something easy I can do that I want to when I want to be happier, I have to think about it for a second to figure it out usually, but there's always somethin easy like watching the sky, walk in the park or around town, kick the soccer ball around at the park, a nice drink or plate of food.

Depressed, Deep-ressed, Deep rest

-Player1995 nice

Take a break, smell the roses, you're pushing yourself too far, too fast, too hard.

Edited by Devin

If you "don't feel like doing things anymore" then you could try doing exactly that. But frame it like this instead: "I feel like not doing things". Have courage and dip yourself in your own suffering. You'll feel like doing things again when it's time. Maybe just sit with your back up straight instead of laying on your back that way you won't escape yourself by sleeping. 

Keep in mind that entertainement of any kind has nothing to do with doing nothing. Normies often say that they "relaxed and did nothing all week-end" when what they really mean is: "I distracted myself all week-end with entertainement but nothing worthy of telling a story about has happened in my life". Doing nothing is hard work. But if you feel like doing it it's great.

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

I think depression can be a tool, a catalyst, to make needed changes in life, reassess values, relationships(including job), routines, habits, and priorities. But it's hard to get through, you have to be loving to yourself, nice, accepting, forgiving, take some easy paths, don't push too hard, and try to smell the roses you do have.

@Potential If you have the financial means, I'd look into depth psychotherapies such as gestalt therapies, and IFS therapy.

Developing some mindfulness practices so that you become aware of your unconscious beliefs would be helpful in regards to the therapy, and also just useful in itself, in my opinion, too. 

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Allow yourself to feel and experience it fully, all the sadness, all the pain, until you have completely immersed yourself in it, eventually you will know when enough is enough and rise naturally. Its time to nurture yourself and be with yourself, as said above, deep-rest time.

A walk in the forest never hurts.

As above so below, as within so without.

On 9.3.2023 at 0:51 PM, Potential said:

Hi there!

I am very depressed and I woud love to get some tips for things to do when feeling miserabele.

Hi Potential, 

well, today is actually one of those days for me, so here's my fallback option. I don't participate in society today. I don't work a fulltime job at the moment and today is one of my off days. Did some paperwork this morning, mailed it in, and that's it.

Tidied up my living room, took a shower, read a book for an hour, prepared a semi-healthy meal with meaningful, good vibrations-music on (for me at least)... Today, there's nothing more i'll do in a 'productive' sense.

When I switch my internet off in ten minutes, I'll read in another book and lie on my couch and drink a lot of tea. 

At noon or evening, I'll go on a ride in nature with my mountainbike and listen to a clever or entertaining podcast, fully aware and maybe thankful for not participating in society today. As was said before/above, movement, sports and physical exercise do help easing grimdark moods and days. The hard part is dragging yourself to start. 

Hope you feel better soon.