Giulio Bevilacqua

Intestinal Worms. Please help/share.

27 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

EDIT: previous comment got split weird on my phone - continued here.

I mean, think about it. What are pregnant women discouraged from eating? Raw meat. Why? Because it carries major parasitic risk potentially lethal to the fetus. They are also advised to eat more fruit and vegetables. If those were so contaminated, there would have been a warning...and there isn't because claims such as the girl above is making are just nonsense. 

I mean sure, if you're unlucky you'll get something from unwashed salad bathed in manure but the amount of hygiene supermarket foods goes through, the chances are almost non existent in developed countries

Yet charlatans like these recommending antiparasitic preventive protocols without previous tests, making 1000s of dollars on fear and nativity and suffering of others, couldn't care less. In fact they take proactive measures to ignore the evidence.

It saddens me because she is a nutritionist and people like her contaminate the industry with quackery and destroy the credibility with their selfish fuckery.......but what can we do.

Back in my home country i made some tests, stool test and colonoscopy for example because of cfs and gut issues.

do you think there could have still been parasites/worms undetected?

The top ten food borne parasites are:

Taenia solium (pork tapeworm): In pork

Echinococcus granulosus (hydatid worm or dog tapeworm): In fresh produce

Echinococcus multilocularis (a type of tapeworm): In fresh produce

Toxoplasma gondii (protozoa): In meat from small ruminants, pork, beef, game meat (red meat and organs)

Cryptosporidium spp.(protozoa): In fresh produce, fruit juice, milk

Entamoeba histolytica (protozoa): In fresh produce

Trichinella spiralis (pork worm): In pork

Opisthorchiidae (family of flatworms): In freshwater fish

Ascaris spp. (small intestinal roundworms): In fresh produce

Trypanosoma cruzi (protozoa): In fruit juices

https://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/237323/icode/

Edited by Devin

11 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Back in my home country i made some tests, stool test and colonoscopy for example because of cfs and gut issues.

do you think there could have still been parasites/worms undetected?

you're probably fine - I wouldn't necessarily blast your gut with herbs forever 

There will always be small colonies of parasitic species among other microbes as a part of your microbiome but a healthy immune system should prevent them from going crazy. Personally, I think any form of overgrowth, chronic bacterial, viral, or fungal issues are nearly always linked to a weak immune system and/or gut dysbiosis. . These microbes are living in your body, they are an inseparable part of your gut ecosystem and there is nothing you can do about that other than nuking the entire microbiome which wouldn't be wise, but there are many systems in place, including other colonies of beneficial bacteria that kind help monitor the situation - this is why you need to eat foods that grow beneficial colonies and slow down the growth of harmful one (e.g. plants and fibre rich foods) 

IMO the biggest disadvantage of following something like a carnivore diet or basically any form of low-fibre diet is the gradual devastation of the good microbiome colonies and overgrowth of all sorts of devilish ones. In addition ther eis the risk of losing the thickness of the intestinal mucosal lining which may be causing gradual approximation between the microbiota and your gut immune system (they should not be close to each other and the mucous is preventing that - what destroys mucous? -> low fibre diets -> what happens after mucous is so thin that your immune system starts attacking your microbiota species? -> autoimmunity? cancer? candida?- who knows. The evidence is uncertain on this and the research is basically garbage right now but it is slowly growing and starting to point a certain direction. 

This is why I'll always be advocating plant-heavy diets, even for people who seem to be having hard time digesting fibre - you just gotta be patient enough for the gut to adapt and not give up on it and do something insane like going for a life-long carnivore diet. if it takes 2 years to go from not being able to eat fibre to being ok eating it, it is worth it. 

Anyways, sorry longer response than you asked but I thought it was worth mentioning the bigger picture for anyone else reading this because we seem to be too eager to jump on these extreme bandwagons

10 hours ago, Devin said:

Interesting article; thanks for sharing. I still think that the majority of those fresh produce contaminants are coming form fertilisers containing cow faeces and being treated by contaminated water happening mostly in developing countries. The article did not separate to what degree these things are relevant in the West; they just pooled it all together. Those 2500 cases in Europe per year are small threat (in my opinion) to stop eating fresh produce, just wash it properly. 

I mean, you can eat mango that was washed in tap water in Thailand or Kenya and spend your holiday with diarrhoea - unlikely that would happen in Europe where we sterilised our water and all produce is washed and treated.  

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  Yeah, I've never heard of produce being a problem in the states, for worms anyway, I'm just reading up on this stuff now. I garden and discard a lot more food for bugs because I don't use pesticide, so I am now curious about parasites, which actually led me to this common article about pesticides raising parasite levels particularly in water, due to killing the pests that keep the numbers lower.

Climate & Capitalism

https://climateandcapitalism.com/2020/07/20/pesticides-speed-the-spread-of-deadly-parasites/

Pesticides speed the spread of deadly parasites

Jul 20, 2020 — The researchers found that even low concentrations of common pesticides — including atrazine, glyphosate and chlorpyrifos — can increase

Edited by Devin

I found cases in the u.s., slugs and snails infect produce with parasites, worms.

https://www.corrys.com/resources/pest-alert-lungworm-disease

"Transmission also occurs from eating raw produce or raw fruit and vegetable juices"

Just wash your produce thoroughly and discard any with holes(cause you can't wash the inside). Centipedes, frogs, toads, lizards, mice also transmit them.

Edited by Devin

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

you're probably fine - I wouldn't necessarily blast your gut with herbs forever 

Yea no i don‘t, i just took ivermectin. I heard it could help for many things like lymes disease for example and also for parasites and since I’m travelling in Latin America. And since i don’t know why i‘m fatigued almost always since a decade or whatevers) i thought it’s worth a try. Since it‘s otc here. But then insaw these wormy things in my stool.

On 17.3.2023 at 4:04 PM, Michael569 said:

Don't mock around with herbs if your shit is moving in the toilet - go to the doctor and nuke it all. Do damage control later. Herbs are weak once there is a significant parasitic overgrowth, sometimes you need to go heavy. 

If you release parasites, they come out dead - for me at least.

I tried both. Synthetic antiparasitics and herbal ones. In my experience herbal antiparasitics taken for a longer period are more effective and sustainable.