Rishabh R

College is a dumb place

16 posts in this topic

Most of my peers are not doing any personal development work.They are engaging in jumping from relationship to relationship. Even though I have attracted many girls and was close to sex but realised that I doesn't have that much value in it as it is projected. They are busy insulting , abusing people. They laugh at philosophy and think that spirituality is not a risky thing even though they don't do it . Even they are not doing science properly. When I move out of my college environment for some work I see a different environment - people busy in their day to day work and I am not surrounded by kissing couples as in my campus. At the same time I had an insight - College is a stimulated environment. 

And there is another realisation of mine from years of heartbreaks ,rejections,attracting few girls that heartbreak is a saver of you from a low quality person in life . One of my seniors told me that you will never get a girlfriend but now I am greatful that I don't have a low quality person in my life . A friend of mine  gave me advice that go study don't engage in relationship and I found out that he himself was engaged in a relationship and later I found that he had a break today recently I found out that a girl whom he was dating while giving me advice is getting intimate with someone else . Almost nobody is reading self help even practical advice from Bhagvad Gita which I have read a little and will read in the future cause I think that philosophical teachings have value. Am I right @Leo Gura ?

Sounds like you're trying to rationalize and justify your lack of purpose and romantic success. News flash, you're a low-quality person too. High-quality people don't have trouble dating and having sex. Dating and mingling with "low quality people" is how you learn about yourself, life, and women and ultimately part of what will make you a high quality person. 

3 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

Most of my peers are not doing any personal development work. They laugh at philosophy and think that spirituality is not a risky thing even though they don't do it . Even they are not doing science properly. When I move out of my college environment for some work I see a different environment - people busy in their day to day work and I am not surrounded by kissing couples as in my campus. At the same time I had an insight - College is a stimulated environment. 

What does that have to do with you? If you want to be productive then start a business on the side. If you want to study then research stuff. College is a place to socialize, mingle and get credentials for a specific career that you want. Take some accountability and self-ownership.

If seeing kissing couples trigger you then don't go full sour grapes saying that you're mere spiritual peasants not understand the greater self-development potential in life. That's the most pseudo-spiritual take you could have. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

"All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. Humility gives it its power.

If you want to govern people, you must place yourself below them. If you want to lead people, you must learn how to follow them.

The Master is above the people, and no one feels oppressed. She goes ahead of the people, and no one feels manipulated. The whole world is grateful to her. Because she competes with no one, no one can compete with her. "

-Lao Tzu

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

I am a sophomore at Penn State right now and although I understand where your coming from I just can't relate. I love college and see it as a gift to participate in that a lot of people could only wish to have. The way you are writing reminds me of myself a few years ago, heck not even that long ago. I used to think I was more developed than others because I was reading all these books, eating healthy, doing philosophy etc. I wouldn't take advice from anyone because I thought I knew more than them. Then god humbled the shit out of me, and showed me I was completely and utterly full of shit.  Im not saying this is you, I wasn't as developed as I thought I was. All of a sudden there's no such thing as a "less developed", or a "low-quality person", and being extremely humble feels so much better.

You are not more developed, or more high quality than anyone. I don't care what kind of dumb shit they say or what they do. There is no such thing as a "low quality person" You could be in a room full of people doing heroin, and you still feel love  for them and dont judge them because you have compassion... compassion means you see how others suffer deeply and you understand that they have suffered because you have suffered. 

Edited by Noahsteelers34

@Rishabh R You are not limited to college student's. You have a world people to connect with. Find people you can learn something from. 

Edited by Matthew85

3 hours ago, LordFall said:

Sounds like you're trying to rationalize and justify your lack of purpose and romantic success. News flash, you're a low-quality person too. High-quality people don't have trouble dating and having sex. Dating and mingling with "low quality people" is how you learn about yourself, life, and women and ultimately part of what will make you a high quality person. 

What does that have to do with you? If you want to be productive then start a business on the side. If you want to study then research stuff. College is a place to socialize, mingle and get credentials for a specific career that you want. Take some accountability and self-ownership.

If seeing kissing couples trigger you then don't go full sour grapes saying that you're mere spiritual peasants not understand the greater self-development potential in life. That's the most pseudo-spiritual take you could have. 

Sheesh, talk about not sugar coating it.  I love hard truths. 

1 hour ago, Noahsteelers34 said:

I am a sophomore at Penn State right now and although I understand where your coming from I just can't relate. I love college and see it as a gift to participate in that a lot of people could only wish to have. The way you are writing reminds me of myself a few years ago, heck not even that long ago. I used to think I was more developed than others because I was reading all these books, eating healthy, doing philosophy etc. I wouldn't take advice from anyone because I thought I knew more than them. Then god humbled the shit out of me, and showed me I was completely and utterly full of shit.  Im not saying this is you, I wasn't as developed as I thought I was. All of a sudden there's no such thing as a "less developed", or a "low-quality person", and being extremely humble feels so much better.

You are not more developed, or more high quality than anyone. I don't care what kind of dumb shit they say or what they do. There is no such thing as a "low quality person" You could be in a room full of people doing heroin, and you still feel love  for them and dont judge them because you have compassion... compassion means you see how others suffer deeply and you understand that they have suffered because you have suffered.

Love this. Kudos to You @Noahsteelers34.

I would be careful dogmatizing relationships that way. Just a single relationship can develop you way more than any of those books of yours.

If you are gonna judge them then you are dumb as well, just a little less.

6 hours ago, Sultan Al Hind said:

@Rigel do u know some good books from which i can learn taoism

I have only read Stephen Mitchell's translation of the tao te ching. It's good. There's like a million other translations. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rishabh R

On 3/8/2023 at 2:45 PM, Rishabh R said:

Most of my peers are not doing any personal development work.They are engaging in jumping from relationship to relationship. Even though I have attracted many girls and was close to sex but realised that I doesn't have that much value in it as it is projected. They are busy insulting , abusing people. They laugh at philosophy and think that spirituality is not a risky thing even though they don't do it . Even they are not doing science properly. When I move out of my college environment for some work I see a different environment - people busy in their day to day work and I am not surrounded by kissing couples as in my campus. At the same time I had an insight - College is a stimulated environment. 

And there is another realisation of mine from years of heartbreaks ,rejections,attracting few girls that heartbreak is a saver of you from a low quality person in life . One of my seniors told me that you will never get a girlfriend but now I am greatful that I don't have a low quality person in my life . A friend of mine  gave me advice that go study don't engage in relationship and I found out that he himself was engaged in a relationship and later I found that he had a break today recently I found out that a girl whom he was dating while giving me advice is getting intimate with someone else . Almost nobody is reading self help even practical advice from Bhagvad Gita which I have read a little and will read in the future cause I think that philosophical teachings have value. Am I right @Leo Gura ?

What if collage is what you make of it? Maybe, by calling it a waste of time, that's what you wanted out of collage, a waste of time?

On 3/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, Rishabh R said:

heartbreak is a saver of you from a low quality person in life

Heartbreak is rather the side effect of your resistance to being saved. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."