Federico del pueblo

What was this crazy dream/wake experience I had a long time ago? (OBE)

5 posts in this topic

As a teenager I wake up in the middle of the night.

I try to get up because I wanted to use the bathroom, but quickly realise that I can't get up even one inch. I'm fully paralysed and can only tilt my head a bit left and right and slightly move my hands.

I feel like to my very left there is some dark presence in the room, which I can't really see, I can only sort of sense it, so I'm kind of scared of all this.

I'm anxious now and really want to get up, but can't. 

So I just close my eyes again and wait whether things improve.

As soon as my eyes are closed I realise that now I can move again.

So I move into about a 45° tilt of upper body, resting on my elbows.

Now I open my eyes again and as soon as I do that I am instantly back in my lying position, in which I'm paralysed again.

I mean instantly in the most literal sense, just like being beamed somewhere else.

So I repeat the process again and again and the same thing keeps happening.

With my eyes closed I can get up and sit on the edge of my bed. I can clearly feel the surface and structure of the bed's frame or the structure of the carpet below my feet. It is all 100% realistic, I'm completely sure that I'm awake, sitting upright and actually feeling these surfaces with my hands and feet.

I can even stand up and start to walk through my room until I reach the door and feel the door handle in my hand and also a poster on the door that had a very specific surface structure.

But even then, as soon as my eyes open I'm back in my bed lying on the back, completely unable to move. So I stand in the middle of my room but are beamed back into my bed the instant I open my eyes. There's no process of beaming, there's no time passing in-between.

After a few more tries the entire thing stops and I can move normally again.

Needless to say that I was scared out of my mind ?

What do you think that was?

@Federico del pueblo It's a state where your mind becomes lucid or conscious while your body is asleep. Often from this state you can astral project if you don't get caught up in the fear. The dark presence is just a projection of your own subconscious fear. It's created by you. 

This is a good sign. If you can move past your fears, you could begin having some out of body experience's. 

Edited by Matthew85

5 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

awesome! Thanks for your post!

@Federico del pueblo You're welcome! I have had this often and once I could let go of my fear, I was able to enjoy the experience and gain insights. 

Sleep paralysis

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho