Potential

How to overcome deep depression?

12 posts in this topic

Hello there. 

Lately I have been dealing with a very deep depression. I already had a few big depressions in my life, and it almost seems like I am chronically depressed or something. Very hard to deal with as you can understand.

I try to watch spiritual and personal developement videos on YouTube, listen to self-help podcasts and I am reading 'Think and Grow Rich' for the 5th time now, because I want to know more about the Law of Atrraction. Because I want to know how to manifest something. And I also want to know how I could get out of my depression while using the LOA. 

Anyways, I hope someone feels me and has a tip for me on how to manage my life better to get out of depression. 

Resources are also very welcome! (Like books, lectures, YouTube video's etcetera.)

Thank you in advance! xD

Are you low vitamin D, or low testosterone (if you are male)?

Really strong awareness kills depression...

Constant proactive action towards something....

Gratitude practice,stopping the stream if negative thoughts you like to indulge in..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Notice how, for depression to occur, one's image of the future has to be held as a negative.

• Change your relationship to the future by envisioning a positive, hopeful one
  • Contemplate: "How might my worldview be influencing the happiness that I am able to experience?"
  • Ground yourself on your body, work on being present
  • Avoid believing in negative thoughts, they aren't true, so stop identifying with being a depressed person, life story isn't true

Consider physiological factors, too. Master the basics:

• daily, moderately intense exercise
  • whole-foods diet
  • consume less added sugar
  • cut down on caffeine or replace with green tea
  • more sunbathing
  • supplement with vitamin D
  • take only cold showers for a few months
  • eliminate all meaningless distractions like TV and smartphone
  • etc.

It's always temporary! Relax. Be happy.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Potential hey, thanks for sharing.

Others above have already indicated lot of great tips. Sometimes depression cannot me meditated away because it could be more physiological.

How is your diet, exercise routine, morning and evening routines, sleep hygiene?

Do you get out of your house each day before middday?

When was the last time you had some blood work done?

What is your living environment like? Do you hang out with toxic people who pull you down?

Do you drink, smoke, use cannabis?

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 6-3-2023 at 7:55 PM, NoSelfSelf said:

Really strong awareness kills depression...

Constant proactive action towards something....

Gratitude practice,stopping the stream if negative thoughts you like to indulge in..

@NoSelfSelf Thank you for your answer and kindness. My awarenes is quitte high, but when I have anxiety and depressive feeding it tends to be low. How can I break Thatcher circle? Practice Self-inquiry? Or meditation?

And what do you exacte mean with "Constant proactive action towards something...." 

I'd like to know. Thank you in advance. 

@Potential Test of high awareness is in the times of when you are really low,can you see the game of the mind that is pulling you to be depressed.If you can its not possible to become depressed(i was depressed my whole life now it has to something really bad to make me depressed for few hours max)

Not all is mental if you are having lots of stress you will naturaly be really low state which is best time for mind to strike.

If its body thing you need to learn to talk to yourself,to tell yourself its just this period when there is alot of stress on work it will pass(or something that works for you) that will stop it...

I cant tell you how to break that circle because i dont know you,you have to have awareness of yourself on that level, to pint point the things and in what moments does they come to see the source.

You need to learn about how mind works to keep you stuck in comfort zone thats like bigger topic that i cant write here all ? mind is design to make you depressed etc. to stop you from going outside of your patterns of habit.

Proactive action towards something means that you every time mind says im not gonna do this its boring you just start doing it and doing it,where your mind will stop bothering you when it sees that it cant stop you.

Constant action just shuts that negative part of mind ,the more you are passive in life and dont do things the more it will start to bother you, thats why many people were so depressed and got anxiety in covid times, because they stayed still and when they are moving constantly with work,friends,activities they dont have time to be depressed because proactivity kills it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Potential Chronic depression is very dangerous and if you don't treat soon it will get worse and worse. This is my personal experience, you can read it. Make sure you have a good psychiatrist, bad psychiatrists wasted a lot of my time and caused me a lot of unncessary suffering. 

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Make sure you have a good psychiatrist, bad psychiatrists wasted a lot of my time and caused me a lot of unncessary suffering. 

Agreed. I would say that my old psychiatrist was much more conservative in his approach. He didn’t like that I was experimenting with weed, and any talk about mystical experiences were out of the question. 

My current psychiatrist is open with me using weed, and is even curious about when I want to do ketamine again.

Edited by Yimpa

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

I ran like my life depended on it. Got my cardio up at least 10 minutes a day for weeks, then it gradually went away.

Lots if science backs this up as equal if not more effective than SSRI's.

Then focus on the basics - meet survival needs, eat organic wholefoods, get your sleep, have a goal you are working towards, speak and share what's on your mind with a trusted friend, mentor, or therapist.

Have you considered whether it's rooted in some sort of traumatic experiences from childhood or in general? It might be the reason for this type of depression (even if you don't remember any traumatic experiences because it might be repressed) and if it's the case it would be helpful to do work on healing your trauma with the help of psychedelics and various techniques like breathwork and therapy that is trauma oriented.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:39 PM, Potential said:

Anyways, I hope someone feels me and has a tip for me on how to manage my life better to get out of depression. 

To be more aware to your self talk, to try being more compassionate with yourself and to take small steps each time, to take things slowly, to set realistic goals, to celebrate little successes like being able to take a shower or getting out of the bed or going outside or reading one page in a book per day (depending on what you find hard to do in your current situation).

I also recommend having some physical activity, it can be something minor like 10 minutes stretching or walking 20 mintues per day and make it your routine. It usually immediately improves the mood.

Having some time in nature, very healing.

Writing and journaling might help a lot, especially if you make it your routine. 

And of course nutrition and questioning the effect of people in your environment, avoiding toxic and negative people as much as possible. 

I hope that your depression will improve and you'll feel better soon <3 

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

9 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Have you considered whether it's rooted in some sort of traumatic experiences from childhood or in general? It might be the reason for this type of depression (even if you don't remember any traumatic experiences because it might be repressed) and if it's the case it would be helpful to do work on healing your trauma with the help of psychedelics and various techniques like breathwork and therapy that is trauma oriented.

This.

Depression is most often a childhood/infant trauma issue.

Even though people will be deceptively unaware of that and want to deny that.

Unless you remember your full childhood very well - you have repressed pain!

Monitoring negative thoughts and trying to change them is not very efficient.

It's more efficient to dig out blocked memories, cry about past painful experiences that you haven't yet fully cried about.

You won't believe me probably, but that's what it is.

And if you have chronic depression, I recommend doing this with a professional. (directory of therapists who practice a form I believe in)

If you're mentally stable, you can do it on your own. (my link, added for others who might read this. Not for those who have diagnosable disorders)

In the meantime, make sure that you get all the B vitamins, 3 grams of vitamin C, plenty of choline or citicholine, L-tryptophan, Omega 3s, and essential trace minerals in your system every day through supplement form.

This is a good one: https://youngevityproducts.co.uk/collections/all-products-1/products/beyond-tangy-tangerine?variant=386864066

Someone with repressed pain will be lacking in the building blocks for the neurotransmitters they need to feel good.

Because so much of that stuff is being used up in the process of repressing pain.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/