flowboy

This blew my mind: falling in love

25 posts in this topic

This blew my mind.

Jung states that "falling in love", strong, obsessive infatuation, is actually a person projecting their inner anima or animus, whichever they lack connection with, onto another person.

They are merely looking for a lost part of themselves, through the person they are falling in love with.

Think of the "you complete me", "finding your other half" memes in our culture.

Childhood trauma causes parts of the brain to be disconnected from the rest, as a self-protection mechanism. The part that is connected to the feelings, memories, talents and gifts of a particular age, is isolated by gates in the brain.

Meaning that it will not be connected to conscious awareness, unless it goes into a 'mode' where it takes over. Thus, in normal every day non-triggered life, it is like this part is missing. In fact, feeling empty and like something's missing are very common human afflictions.

It's not that they can't come into consciousness, it's that they're disconnected from the rest, and will only express themselves when isolated through an exercise, or when life triggers them to act out.

Now what happens when this split is roughly across the left-brain right-brain side, is that someone develops into an unbalanced person, with either lots of masculine right-brain properties, like affinity for math, technology, logic and control, but the feminine left-brain properties are nowhere to be found: like the person is not creative, artistic, intuitive, or emotionally intelligent at all.

Or vice versa.

Think of the many software engineers who seem to lack emotional or social intelligence, or artistic types who believe they can't do any math.

This is skewed development. Their brain is not talking to itself at all levels that it could be.

People go through life with a vague sense of not utilizing their full potential... and it's true.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I remember Teal Swan saying something similar in one of her videos. I also remember her saying that you can integrate that lost part through parts work. 

Where did you get this information from? A book, a video? I'd like to look more into that. 

@Davidess Yes I actually re-watched a parts work session that I did on myself, and noticed that that is what's happening.

I got the actual info from Cure By Crying by Thomas Stone, where he paraphrases Jung and explains those concepts in a chapter.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboyGood thing you posted this, I've just done parts work on myself and integrated a part of me - the part I fell in love with before. I knew about parts work before, but I forgot about it.

The part I integrated didn't even know my current circumstances, it lived in the past, as you described. It felt like my identity changed completely.

Gotta jump into reading that book! 

Thanks ?

There is an actual state of Consciousness of being in love.

Many people simply have never even experienced what being in love is.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can you please describe it? what do you think stops one from experiencing it ?

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

@HMD Loving everything the same and cant stop yourself from crying because its so strong, the connection with everything...that was my experience few times not on psychadelics...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I also found this very interesting, some can be read about it in "Man and his symbols"by Jung himself.

It goes into this idea that your anima is formed by the examples of the feminine that were set when you were young. So your mother heavily impacts the anima as a man. And the animus is impacted heavily by your father as a woman. Hence why for example a woman with an abusive father finds herself in abusive relationships, she has developed a dependence on that abusive trait, without it she isn't whole, as it's become part of the animus.

Jung is a pretty clever dude, he used to have dinners with Albert Einstein.

14 hours ago, HMD said:

@Leo Gura Can you please describe it? what do you think stops one from experiencing it ?

Consciousness is Love. This Moment is Love.

Part of You has mistaken it / judged it for some other state.

(There Is Only Love!)

Let go of what you think it feels like

It is the frequency that is The Moment;

It is the frequency That is All You

The Actual; The Real Deal

Here Now

You

Love

You Are Love

Sometimes Love is dark. Sometimes love is scary. Sometimes Love is dreadful.

It Is Still Love.

Your perception of the sensation as being anything at all is a Judgement

Keep Feeling

Keep Breathing

When You Call This Moment Anything Other Than Love, You've Stopped Looking

Love Abides. Love Accommodates. Love Accepts. Love Incorporates All. Love is Patient. Love is Kind.

Love is Truth. Love Is What Is

Love is Infinitely Faithful In The Unseen Love

Always Infinitely Beyond The Thought Of It

Yet, Is Even The Thoughts, and Not The Thoughts.

All is Love.

Edited by tuku747

16 hours ago, HMD said:

It's hard to describe. Take a psychedelic and contemplate what human love is, what love for another is. Then you should feel it.

It's quite profound. I'm not talking about Absolute Love, I'm just talking about ordinary human love. Even that is way beyond most humans. For me, actually Absolute Love is easier than human love. It can be hard to love humans.

Edited by Leo Gura

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's hard to describe. Take a psychedelic and contemplate what human love is, what love for another is. Then you should feel it.

It's quite profound. I'm not talking about Absolute Love, I'm just talking about ordinary human love. Even that is way beyond most humans. For me, actually Absolute Love is easier than human love. It can be hard to love humans.

I experienced it once in an Ayahuasca ceremony. It showed me a deep unconditional love that all human beings have for one another that expresses itself as an innate desire for kinship.

And to the degree that people hate one another and become misanthropic, is the degree to where that unconditionally loving nature gets twisted up and distorted through layers of ignorance, trauma, and coping mechanisms.

Like human love is a perfect light at the core. But it’s reflecting itself into a dirty and broken mirror and reflecting a distorted and dulled version of that light out into the world.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

what love for another is

Are you talking about the stage Green kind of love ? 

Take a psychedelic and contemplate what human love is

I smoked a high dose of hashish some time ago, during this I had a mystical experience, as I was listening to Sufi mystical poetry. Since then, I have developed an intense appreciation for other human beings. I appreciate that they exist. I appreciate that I can communicate with them, no matter how weird, malevolent, and stupid they can be. I appreciate the diversity and the beauty in them. 

But as you said It's hard to describe.  

Absolute Love is easier than human love.

Maybe because you are now at higher stages, so absolute love comes easier for you. 

8 hours ago, tuku747 said:

Sometimes Love is dark. Sometimes love is scary. Sometimes Love is dreadful.

It Is Still Love.

Your perception of the sensation as being anything at all is a Judgement

Well put! 

But i would like if you could expand on this theme of Judging (or misjudging) Love. 

17 minutes ago, HMD said:

Well put! 

But i would like if you could expand on this theme of Judging (or misjudging) Love. 

Judgement is Limiting Belief.

Yet, Judgement is Creation.

Judgement is Love.

Release Judgements That No Longer Serve You.

Release Beliefs That No Longer Serve You.

Love is Infinitely Beyond Belief.

Edited by tuku747

51 minutes ago, HMD said:

Are you talking about the stage Green kind of love ?

Love is love. It's not attached to any stage. Stage Blue parents love their children as much as Green ones.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Love is love. It's not attached to any stage. Stage Blue parents love their children as much as Green ones.

But isn't it much more conditional, and therefore less real, though?

For example, I have a hard time believing that my dad would still love me if I turned out to be gay or decided to become trans female. 

4 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

But isn't it much more conditional, and therefore less real, though?

For example, I have a hard time believing that my dad would still love me if I turned out to be gay or decided to become trans female. 

That is true. However, most stage Blue parents still seriously love their children. Don't get lost in edge-cases and politics.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I meant that stage green people will love almost anyone, unlike blue, who are usually stuck within their community, family, country, etc.

Because after you have spent enough time being alone and focusing on yourself (stage orange) you develop the capacity and need to exercise a more mature type of love. 

Does this make sense?