Barna

Spiritual experiences subforum

20 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Please create a spiritual experiences subforum. I'm not really interested in spiritual ideas anymore, but I'm much more interested in the experiences of others, and I think I'm not alone. 

That new subforum could be a meeting point for the people who have experienced the highest levels of consciousness.

Edited by Barna

The forum seemed to die a bit when the psychedelic sub-forum was separated from this one. Making another separate sub-forum would  probably do the same. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Some subforums are outdated and destined to die... ?

Edited by Barna

Ain’t nobody gonna spoon feed you the answers, friend. You are the experience!

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

I'm not searching for answers, I would read the reports simply because I'm interested. Not everything is about seeking.

Edited by Barna

I recently felt connected to my entire city: The buses, building, cars, roads, harbour etc as my own flesh and blood.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I don't think there would not be enough posts in such a sub-forum.

We create new sub-forums only if there's enough volume of posts to fill it, so it doesn't feel like a ghost-town.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I recently felt connected to my entire city: The buses, building, cars, roads, harbour etc as my own flesh and blood.

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm interested in :)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't think there would not be enough posts in such a sub-forum.

We create new sub-forums only if there's enough volume of posts to fill it, so it doesn't feel like a ghost-town.

High quality posts are rare, but the spiritual experiences subforum would be a collection of those I assume. Don't you think it's worth separating from the rest?

I think highly conscious people won't be an active member of the current "Spirituality..." subforum because there's too much bs there. 

The question is really: Do you want to make this forum appealing for high quality content writers or not? 

@Barna the forum would drie out with more Division. The Division between spiritual theme and psychedelics was the biggest 

37 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Barna the forum would drie out with more Division. The Division between spiritual theme and psychedelics was the biggest 

The current "Spirituality..." subforum supposed to dry out if more and more people are interested in special subtopics of spirituality.

The case with the Psychedelic subforum proves that people are drawn out from this general subforum to more specific ones.

Edited by Barna

2 hours ago, Barna said:

High quality posts are rare, but the spiritual experiences subforum would be a collection of those I assume. Don't you think it's worth separating from the rest?

I think highly conscious people won't be an active member of the current "Spirituality..." subforum because there's too much bs there. 

The question is really: Do you want to make this forum appealing for high quality content writers or not? 

If you are so bothered by the Spirituality subforum that you need a new one for "the good stuff", then I don't think we can help you here. You're in the wrong place.

The Spirituality subforum has many serious and important threads. I see no reason why your best mystical experience doesn't belong here. This subforum is also the most active and popular so it will get the most views.

Creating new subforums reduced views, so I'm generally against it unless it's really warranted.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Speaking of subforums, I'd make a loose suggestion to merge the Intellectual Stuff subforum with Personal Development (Main).

Wild Idea, but would a tagging system be beneficial?  Where posts are organized with tags and maintained by every member in the community? 

Similar to an imagebooru. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

One time,

I saw the beginning and end of all creation

in the dirt of my finger nail

and cried "Yes, that is the finest all all fine silks!"

and i looked at my hands and I said, MY God you've really done it this time. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

35 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

One time,

I saw the beginning and end of all creation

in the dirt of my finger nail

and cried "Yes, that is the finest all all fine silks!"

and i looked at my hands and I said, MY God you've really done it this time. 

Wow, I felt that by reading this! Thanks! :)

4 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

Wild Idea, but would a tagging system be beneficial?  Where posts are organized with tags and maintained by every member in the community? 

Similar to an imagebooru. 

This is a pretty good idea, I would like that!

@Leo Gura what do you think about tagging? Replacing the whole subforum system with a tag based system would be huge work, but what about introducing tags as a feature alongside the current subforum setup? This way people could tag their topics as e.g. "experience", I would filter by this tag, and find easily what I'm interested in.

Edited by Barna