Dmari

How might procrastination habits be a result of ego?

8 posts in this topic

I've been exploring some states of deliberate creation for a couple of years through some awakenings, and have recently found out I was able to transcend procrastination. I'm interested in seeing if others have been able to create the same experience.

Edited by Dmari

Procrastination habits can be a result of ego in a few different ways. First, ego can lead to a sense of entitlement, which can lead to procrastination. When we feel entitled, we may think that we don't need to put in the effort to achieve our goals, or that we can take our time and still get the same results. This can lead to procrastination, as we may not feel the need to put in the effort to get things done. 

Second, ego can lead to a fear of failure. When we are afraid of failing, we may put off tasks that we think we won't be able to do well. This can lead to procrastination, as we may be too afraid to even start the task. 

Third, ego can lead to perfectionism. When we are perfectionists, we may be too afraid to start a task because we think it won't be perfect. This can lead to procrastination, as we may be too afraid to start the task because we think it won't be perfect. 

Finally, ego can lead to a lack of motivation. When we lack motivation, we may not feel the need to put in the effort to get things done. This can lead to procrastination, as we may not feel the need to put in the effort to get things done. 

It is possible to transcend procrastination habits through deliberate creation. This involves understanding the underlying causes of procrastination and taking steps to address them. For example, if you are procrastinating because of a fear of failure, you can work on building your confidence and developing a growth mindset. If you are procrastinating because of perfectionism, you can work on developing a more realistic view of perfection and learning to accept imperfection. If you are procrastinating because of a lack of motivation, you can work on developing a sense of purpose and finding ways to stay motivated. 

By understanding the underlying causes of procrastination and taking steps to address them, you can create an experience of deliberate creation and transcend procrastination.

@Dmari I'd say procrastination occurs when at least two parts of one's psyche have different goals. So, I'd say procrastination is just result of having conflicting goals, be those goals conscious or unconscious. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

It's more to do with your identity than your ego (unless you define all ur identities as ur ego). You may have an identity as a cool and quiet person so you refuse to call lots of customers and solicit for sales, hence you procrastinate a lot.

On 03/03/2023 at 11:04 PM, Ulax said:

@Dmari I'd say procrastination occurs when at least two parts of one's psyche have different goals. So, I'd say procrastination is just result of having conflicting goals, be those goals conscious or unconscious. 

This.

Getting the parts on the same page is the most efficient way to eliminate resistance and procrastination.

”Ego” is an outdated model imo.

The psyche is multiple and the many parts all have their own agendas.

That’s why people get “in their own way”.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 3/3/2023 at 0:56 PM, manifestinggal456 said:

Procrastination habits can be a result of ego in a few different ways. First, ego can lead to a sense of entitlement, which can lead to procrastination. When we feel entitled, we may think that we don't need to put in the effort to achieve our goals, or that we can take our time and still get the same results. This can lead to procrastination, as we may not feel the need to put in the effort to get things done. 

Second, ego can lead to a fear of failure. When we are afraid of failing, we may put off tasks that we think we won't be able to do well. This can lead to procrastination, as we may be too afraid to even start the task. 

Third, ego can lead to perfectionism. When we are perfectionists, we may be too afraid to start a task because we think it won't be perfect. This can lead to procrastination, as we may be too afraid to start the task because we think it won't be perfect. 

Finally, ego can lead to a lack of motivation. When we lack motivation, we may not feel the need to put in the effort to get things done. This can lead to procrastination, as we may not feel the need to put in the effort to get things done. 

It is possible to transcend procrastination habits through deliberate creation. This involves understanding the underlying causes of procrastination and taking steps to address them. For example, if you are procrastinating because of a fear of failure, you can work on building your confidence and developing a growth mindset. If you are procrastinating because of perfectionism, you can work on developing a more realistic view of perfection and learning to accept imperfection. If you are procrastinating because of a lack of motivation, you can work on developing a sense of purpose and finding ways to stay motivated. 

By understanding the underlying causes of procrastination and taking steps to address them, you can create an experience of deliberate creation and transcend procrastination.

I know ChatGPT when I see it lol

6 hours ago, tuku747 said:

I know ChatGPT when I see it lol

Damn.

Procrastination is a choice. You choose to do it rather than working for example.

Sometimes we don't even know we make that choice.

That is when awareness can be helpful.