Loreena

What Are Your Objectives In Life ?

11 posts in this topic

What are some things you want to achieve(abstract as well as concrete) in your life. 

For example ::

abstract like:- happiness

Concrete like :- losing weight, rescuing animals, voluntary work for climate change etc 

In short any goals, ambitions, objectives short term long term. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

My ultimate abstract objective is to die with no regrets.

And the way I try to actualize this goal is by listening to self help videos and try to understand my ego and its deceptive nature. I understand that the ego is a tricky bastard and some of the wants I have are neurotic, where as others come from my higher self. My strategy is to sort out the authentic from the shit and make my life as much about what is authentic and true to me as possible. Whatever that means 10-20 years down the road, I still don't know, but I am working on it. 

Recently, for instance, I discovered that one of my neurotic desires was to become fit, where as an authentic desire I have is the desire for truth. I want to understand reality at an existential level and that hinted that I should take my meditation/self inquiry more seriously.  So I am constantly adapting my concrete goals and lifestyle to match. Another authentic desire I have is a desire to impact others through music, writing, speaking at the moment.

Hope that answered the question :D

I would say my long term goal is to learn to consciously astral project. My short term goal is to quit smoking and drinking (I've already started.) And my abstract goal is to express the best love possible to my future child. Having a child is a long term goal of mine too.

Edited by AstralProjection

To die twice (not including physical death).

Short term goals are to focus my energy on laying a foundation for my longterm desires.

So figuring out what kind of job suits me best, how I can improve myself now to become even more open and motivated for the things I already love.

Eventually I want to live close to nature and have a sustainable house. Being able to provide some food myself and buy external good when necessary. It would be awsome of there was some sort of community like Auroville in europe, since I still be connected with people but don't want all the capitalistic bs and hypes.

That would be my ideal goal, building such a community centred around sustainability and awareness/conciouss reflection; through healthy eating, contemplation, sporting (yoga,etc.), meditation and doing creative things together.

@brovakhiin You will only know if you got what it takes if you try it ;)

There's nothing to lose when you enjoy the learning process even when you might not be able to play that complex piece completely. No worries!

travelling and reading all the books on my book list (as concrete goals) (for now)

abstract ones, less stupidity and more awareness 

Love, being calm and stable, being an artist.