Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackbeat

What is the Buddha right about?

6 posts in this topic

So we already confirmed in the forums and possibly videos the Buddha is wrong in that Life isn't suffering, it's perception. What else is Buddha right or wrong about?

imo buddha is a guy who went in search of the truth and understood some things and others not so much. the matter that life is suffering, has its share of truth in that the life of the ego is projection to the past and the future with the aim of optimizing the survival and evolution of the collective ego, the social matrix, humanity, and one of its main components is desire, that is, the desire for things not to be as they are, for them to change. This is suffering and the engine of evolution. humans are like that.

According to the Buddha, the goal is to stop this, end suffering and stop the wheel of reincarnations. well, that's his idea. I think it's very wrong. First, human life is not such, it is existence. This moment is what exists, and that's it. wanting to end suffering to stop the wheel of reincarnations is suffering and desire, protection for the future. mistake. the objective is to expand the here and now, not to look for another better here and now in nirvana. Understanding is the key (yes, copying Leo, but that's the way it is) to free yourself from what ties you to the surface and be able to dive into the infinite depth of what you are. now and here only this exists, neither wheel of reincarnation nor end of suffering. These are fantasies, like the garden of the virgins, but more elegant, and also completely negates the life of the ego. it is a strongly repressive ideology. It leaves no room to find the truth, it gives it to you, that there is no self, that desire is bad, that there is a wheel of reincarnation, nirvana is the end of desire... blah blah and mostly false imo

Edited by Breakingthewall

Buddha seems wrong on the concept of annata. 

Atman (Soul) is the case.

Actually yesterday I realized the existence of the soul.

I have to further examine it, but it seems clear that the soul exists.

@Blackbeat If you are talking about the Buddha as a historical figure, no one would ever know.  His followers transcribed his teachings, and they were passed on thru time.  This makes it highly possible that there could have been misunderstandings and mutations thru time.  

If you are talking about the Buddha as an embodiment of the Dhamma, then the interpretation of right or wrong with Buddha's teaching is entirely up to your own perceptions.  

The critique people like Leo or anyone have on Buddhism is based on what they interpret thru teachers and text

The Buddha would consider himself neither right nor wrong.

Edited by tuku747

On 3/2/2023 at 4:58 AM, Rahra said:

Buddha seems wrong on the concept of annata. 

Atman (Soul) is the case.

Actually yesterday I realized the existence of the soul.

I have to further examine it, but it seems clear that the soul exists.

It took thousands of years for people to realize anattā after the Atman was realized. Maybe give it some time? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY