Mesopotamian

The United States Is The Only Real Country In The World

27 posts in this topic

Having lived in Iraq and traveled to several other countries, I find myself regarding the United States as the only "real" country in the world. Interestingly enough, despite having never set foot in the US, I feel as though it is my own country. The US president is my president, and I am disheartened by their lackluster efforts towards my home state of Iraq.

This sentiment is not uncommon, given the significant involvement of the US federal government in Iraq. For instance, the American ambassador to Iraq has been photographed standing beside the Iraqi prime minister, a clear display of power and control.

324691184_730695558441947_5453413924453906203_n.jpg

As a result, I have made it my life's mission to claim my US citizenship, as I believe it is my right to do so. I yearn to experience life as a US citizen and enjoy the freedoms that come with it.

In Iraq, I am weary of suppressing my thoughts and opinions in order to survive and conform to societal norms, and I hope to one day use my newfound freedom to challenge outdated beliefs that bring suffering to those who hold them.

It is worth noting that larger nations have abandoned the traditional form of colonialism and instead rely on other methods, such as trade agreements, international laws, and conventions, to exert control over smaller nations and their populations.

Alright but the Healthcare system over isn't no. 1. And guns allowed near everywhere, Also you been to other 1st world countries which may be just as free,  if the above still is not of any concern, disregard.

1 hour ago, Blackbeat said:

Alright but the Healthcare system over isn't no. 1. And guns allowed near everywhere, Also you been to other 1st world countries which may be just as free,  if the above still is not of any concern, disregard.

All the the other 1st world countries are mock up of the United States, no one of those can even sustain without the protection of the US in one way or another. 

Interestingly enough, as a US citizen you can go and reside at many countries and claim citizenship in a matter of years, but few only do that!

I understand where you are coming from and there are a lot of variables to talk about specifically based on who you are and what you want.

With that said, US is least best of all Ultra developed countries.

If you are rich in US you are in heaven. It's a hell hole if you are poor, or living pay check to pay check. 

The United States is a massive country of 331 million people that spans over an entire continent, I'm sure in that big of a place with that many people you can find a community and area to live that is well suited for you to integrate just fine.

Despite it's real issues, it's still a place where you will be rewarded if you work very hard and provide value to people. There is plenty of opportunity to make a quality life for yourself, while that might be impossible in Iraq for many decades to come.

You are also welcome to come to Canada :D

hrhrhtewgfegege

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

You are also welcome to come to Canada :D

Canada? Why should we leave America to visit America Junior?

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

4 hours ago, Mesopotamian said:

As a result, I have made it my life's mission to claim my US citizenship, as I believe it is my right to do so. I yearn to experience life as a US citizen and enjoy the freedoms that come with it.

When I was a kid, I dreamed of moving to America. I still admire America, but the older I get, the more comfortable I feel in Germany.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Despite it's real issues

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you just said.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

BS

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Mesopotamian

On 3/2/2023 at 2:09 AM, Mesopotamian said:

Having lived in Iraq and traveled to several other countries, I find myself regarding the United States as the only "real" country in the world. Interestingly enough, despite having never set foot in the US, I feel as though it is my own country. The US president is my president, and I am disheartened by their lackluster efforts towards my home state of Iraq.

This sentiment is not uncommon, given the significant involvement of the US federal government in Iraq. For instance, the American ambassador to Iraq has been photographed standing beside the Iraqi prime minister, a clear display of power and control.

324691184_730695558441947_5453413924453906203_n.jpg

In Iraq, I am weary of suppressing my thoughts and opinions in order to survive and conform to societal norms, and I hope to one day use my newfound freedom to challenge outdated beliefs that bring suffering to those who hold them.

It is worth noting that larger nations have abandoned the traditional form of colonialism and instead rely on other methods, such as trade agreements, international laws, and conventions, to exert control over smaller nations and their populations.

I don't mean to be mean, but I have to disagree, the USA is clearly not the only country, as there are 300 or so in the world that count as countries, like the UK, the European countries, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, and so many more. Maybe you mean it because it's relevant for your path, and I respect that you're going into the USA, but it's obviously not the case that the USA only exists above all. There are clearly other fields of humanity, or other areas in society, that other countries are far superior than the USA, like Sweden's medical and welfare state being more superior, or the military security and defense systems that Copenhagen has with it's mountainous boarders and bunkers, no way even the USA can launch a traditional invasion into that. Or a dedicated, traditional and progression based education system, for example the human arts like drawing, painting, and other visual arts that Russia has, that the USA struggles to organize in a neater progression. 

30 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

There are clearly other fields of humanity, or other areas in society, that other countries are far superior than the USA, like Sweden's medical and welfare state being more superior, or the military security and defense systems that Copenhagen has with it's mountainous boarders and bunkers, no way even the USA can launch a traditional invasion into that.

12 hours ago, Nabd said:

Germany, Netherlands and Scandinavia all are better than the US, I see many people think living in the US is like a dream or something while Americans know that unless you are rich, then the US is not the place to be, even politically speaking the US is shit tier compared to Germany.

I feel you guys are doing a comparison, like comparing the cuteness of a chick to its mother, the big mama hen that brought it to life and raised it, and now you're saying that the small baby chick is certainly better than its mom.

@Mesopotamian getting to US maybe harder than many of it's counterparts, which gives you a much better life as well.

There is no reason to not consider it. 

@Mesopotamian

1 hour ago, Mesopotamian said:

I feel you guys are doing a comparison, like comparing the cuteness of a chick to its mother, the big mama hen that brought it to life and raised it, and now you're saying that the small baby chick is certainly better than its mom.

Again, the USA isn't the only country to go and try to live in. I don't even know that user @Nabd LOL!

But, give it a go and try reaching into the USA. I've been there in the past, the foods amazing there too, got KFC'S, McDonald's, Burger King, got I Hops or that seafood restaurant, got really got clam chowder. Great climate and geography. Best part for me are the people and that there's so much variety and things to do. Worst part for me, I never got to try their peanut butter jelly. Didn't know it was a thing at the time, very disappointed I hadn't tried.

The U.S. is great for the poor too, it's just they have it so good they're whiners comparing themselves to the rich. Seriously though it's fine for the poor, but you do have to get in the groove yourself it's not like a spoonfed scandinavian country, the spoon feeding over here exists but it's not desirable. I like the wilderness here, desert southwest, badlands in north central, .... you get to see the stars almost as good as from a remote African country.

The rest of the world has an influence on us too, I think it's just harder to tell because we're such a melting pot of the world.

Edited by Devin

@Mesopotamian

You started the comparison yourself, your topic title and your first post is one big (implicit) comparison to other countries, saying one country is the best can only be done in comparison to other country's.
Don't attack/mock people if other people react to your comparison with a comparison you started yourself.

4 hours ago, Mesopotamian said:

This analogy completely does not stick in any way.  It's obvious that you don't have much background in Western history. The reason that the US exist as it is, IS BECAUSE of the Europeans. The English, Dutch, French, Irish, Spanish (and others) all had there share in colonising the US. And at some point the US fought for their own independence, from British occupation.

You think the white people are native to the US. They're descendants of Europeans. The dark skinned people, a large part have their roots in Africa (slave trade).  (The pain and suffering all this colonisation and spreading of Christianity created is an whole other thing, which cannot be under estimated)
So Europe IS the Momma of common day US. And the baby chick is independent and has grown, and is now an adult. And the adult, like it's Momma before it abused and misused it's power. And someday like it's Momma it will self reflect and realise the pain and suffering it created for its self serving actions.

On 2-3-2023 at 1:20 PM, Mesopotamian said:

All the the other 1st world countries are mock up of the United States, no one of those can even sustain without the protection of the US in one way or another. 

Interestingly enough, as a US citizen you can go and reside at many countries and claim citizenship in a matter of years, but few only do that!

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/19/most-powerful-passports-henley-passport-index.html
US is only in the 7th spot. Asian countries first and then most North/west European countries. And then US.

I'm surprised to see this attitude toward the US from a Iraqi, is this a common opinion in Iraq? In Europe, the common sentiment is that the US did more bad then good in Iraq. Invading based on lies and protecting self interest, not from the goodness of their heart to free the Iraqi people.https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2018/3/20/invasion-of-iraq-the-original-sin-of-the-21st-century

The US is so occupied with the outside that there are not enough resources left for their own people, health care, education etc. etc. Europe after WW2 made the decision to focus inward and rebuilding society. Which results in having the happiest countries in the world.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/happiest-countries-in-the-world

With Trump and the reaction to the pandemic, in the Netherlands (and maybe other European countries) we started to call US a 3rd world country, it really showed the true colours of the level of maturity of the US. I don't know how much changed now with Biden (don't follow too much anymore).

If you see the US as the best country, and I will agree there are better opportunities there then in Iraq. Go for it. But make sure you form an opinion on the correct information and open yourself up for other possibilities.

I hope you can find a way to improve your situation.

Edited by OmniNaut

@OmniNaut I appreciate your input, but I don't believe it's necessary to police the way I express my opinions. While I understand that comparisons can be sensitive, I don't believe that I should be expected to be politically correct in every interaction I have with others.

2- In my opinion, the US has assumed a maternal role since contributing to the triumph in WWII, overshadowing all other nations. Without the protection of the United States, European stability appears unattainable. From my perspective, the US is not abusing its authority, as certain actions deemed negative are indispensable.

3- It's not clear to me how the significance of passport is applicable in this context since you didn't provide any details.

4- In the opinion of some, including myself, Iraq should not even exist as an independent country and should be completely dismantled as soon as possible in order to save its people from years and decades of suffering. Iraq lacks the necessary elements to function as a sovereign nation and has had its independence imposed upon it numerous times over the past century. There has been no Iraqi man who fought for its independence, and there is no one willing to do so now, as evidenced by the collapse of the Iraqi army in 2014 and the rapid occupation of 1/3 of Iraqi territory by ISIS within a week.

5- I don't feel the need to engage with the internal affairs of the citizen living within the US. Again it seems to me like comparing cuteness of a chick to mother hen. Had the Netherlands been forced to protect itself, they wouldn't have any resources to make their country the happiest. 

Finally thank you for your wishes

7 hours ago, OmniNaut said:

With Trump and the reaction to the pandemic, in the Netherlands (and maybe other European countries) we started to call US a 3rd world country, it really showed the true colours of the level of maturity of the US.

US is a third world country with lots of rich people. 

12 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

US is a third world country with lots of rich people. 

The funniest description I heard is that the US is a third world country wearing a Gucci belt :D

There are better first world countries to live in where you can get all of the benefits with none of the drawbacks.

Healthcare is a fucking nightmare in the US. And you might end up getting shot for no reason, or wrongfully imprisoned and stuck in their prison system. All of that is stuff that the US is awful.

Plus, politically it's very very divided.

Edited by something_else

The US is only 245 years old and built on paved over graves

Very informative video of why the USA was fated to be the most powerful country:

Geography = genetics for a nation. Appreciate that.