YinYang

Tread Lightly Leo, These Are Hollow Grounds

41 posts in this topic

Duality still exists in infinity. You just experienced the positive side. Matter of fact, that concept of "infinity" you describe is nothing more than an emotion associated with the thousands of thoughts you are having during a short a period of time. This phenomenon is called time dilation. However, the situation becomes much different when you have experienced the negative side of that duality, spiraling down into a timeless negative loop (aka "bad trip"), as opposed to ascending into infinity. 

What goes up, must come down. The higher you are, the harder you fall. In order to progress your spirit, you must go through things which make it stronger; which take you higher. Yin Yang my friend. But eventually you hit a wall with psychedelics, where it either becomes no more than a masturbatory experience or a horror story about what it's doing to your brain.

You could argue that without the ego there is no negativity, but your ego (including brain; sensory perception) is still apart of you and is responsible for reacting to the substance and creating the experience. That is just the insurmountable truth. 

Similarly, you didn't learn any more than you already know. Psychedelics just brought your attentionarrow-10x10.png to it. Keep using them and one day, perhaps for no particular reason (psychedelics are unpredictable), you may get caught in a loop that shows you the other side of the coin. Once you reach that level of enlightenment, you realize that you cannot escape it since you  cannot unlearn what you already know, and what your own mind is doing to itself. 

Duality was created by that which is opposite to itself: god (for want of a better term). The opposite of 1, is 2. The cause of all our "wars" In fact, everything in this world is dual in that all things can be defined by its opposite, psychedelics are not exempt from this. Which means that once you do have such a negative experience, you'll realize that it is necessary for negative experiences to occur for positive one's to co-exist. In other words, during a "bad trip" you can get stuck in loops where positive points to negative, and negative points to positive at no end. I can see that you have only just dabbled into psychedelics; only just discovered the beauty of them. As an experienced user, I'm compelled to warn you that the brain cannot handle the beast of the experience without human repercussions, and that you are in fact limited to the physical properties of it. Every time you take a psychedelic, part of you and your chemistry surrenders to the experience. Trying not to discuss mental illness or religion here (so I will just reference it), but usually abuse or intense experiences can result in very rare human conditions such as psychosis, HPPD, or more generally being "stuck in a trip". This is not a joke/myth, and one doesn't need to be predisposed to mental illness to experience the very same visions that you can have on psychedelics. So be very careful my friend, and tread lightly. If there really is a god, these psychedelics produce alternate realities, as opposed to absolute truth and oneness. This is what I've learned in my journey through years of psychedelic use. 

Farewell on your path to enlightenment. Just remember that there is always a flip side, a catch-22. If you are going to continue psychedelic use, prepare yourself for the best, as well as most difficult paths to enlightenment. Because in the end, everything burns and psychedelic use ceases when you have seen all that it can teach you. All you have to do is look at people like Psyched Substance who eventually got their butt whooped by psychedelics and were forced to stop.  Psychedelic use does not end well. 

If anyone can tag Leo in this post, I think he would be greatly interested in this topic. I'm interested in seeing his response. 

6bf14fc86a3833981eaa9c2992a9b5f0.jpg

Edited by YinYang
Grammar

That image is so beautiful. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Just now, Loreena said:

That image is so beautiful. 

Infinity + Yin Yang. It is like a dog chasing its own tail for eternity. 

@Luke God I only thought of the yin yang. I didn't even notice the infinity till you mentioned it. Now it makes so much sense.lol:)

But what does it mean with respect to you...like what are we chasing ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

17 hours ago, YinYang said:

I am an experienced user, and I'm going to have to give you a stern warning that the human mind cannot handle the beast of the experience without human repercussions.

70711278.jpg

Edited by jse
spoiler alert: this actor's name is Daniel Stern.

@Loreena Could be chasing absolutely anything, it is the structure of life and applies to everything.

Take moneyarrow-10x10.png for example. In order to acquire money someone needs to lose it.

Edited by YinYang

1 minute ago, I_Like_Thing said:

"from use of one of these substances; an MRI indicated damage to the brain in the area that affected personality."

Usually most psychedelics don't have any permanent physical effects. I wonder which substance that was? 

Would you argue that enlightenment doesn't result in absolute bliss and happiness?

38 minutes ago, I_Like_Thing said:

LSD. We think it was adulterated with X or something else, as his temperature spiked as well.

LSD increases heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature. 

It's funny because I've also taken LSD, the chemical mostly responsible for putting myself and others in these loops. I hope the same has not happened to my brain; but at the same time it has given me a gift. They say you learn the most from the bad trips, I can certainly say that's true. 

Edited by YinYang

44 minutes ago, YinYang said:

psychedelics are unpredictable

Just think if Adolf Hitler had been a drug addict, the world would have been far better. The drug may be sex, may be alcohol, may be LSD, the drug may be money, may be power-politics - the drug can be anything. Money , politics are far more dangerous drugs. 

8 minutes ago, username said:

Would you argue that enlightenment doesn't result in absolute bliss and happiness?

What I am arguing here is that "enlightenment" can result in both absolute bliss and happiness, as well as absolute despair and sadness. So yes it can, but not necessarily, would be the correct answer. One simply cannot exist without the other in this world. And if you are to have all knowledge, it would include the idea that you must take the bitter with the sweet as a human being. 

Edited by YinYang

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Just think if Adolf Hitler had been a drug addict

Aldolf Hitler was a drug addict. Believe he was addicted to methamphetamine. Lol. 

@Prabhaker

9 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Just think if Adolf Hitler had been a drug addict, the world would have been far better. The drug may be sex, may be alcohol, may be LSD, the drug may be money, may be power-politics - the drug can be anything. Money , politics are far more dangerous drugs. 

He literally was a drug addict. He was addicted to meth.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@YinYang @Colin May be you are correct. My point was psychedelics can't do much harm. There are thousand and one ways to ruin your life. What wrong if we destroy our life on the path of enlightenment ?

48 minutes ago, YinYang said:

"psychedelics can't do much harm"

Psychedelics can do tremendous psychological harm, clinically speakingarrow-10x10.png. It takes an open mind not to be biased and accept that. 

"What wrong if we destroy our life on the path of enlightenment?"

Nothing inherently wrong with it, however it can cause a great deal of sadness. Let me give you an example: someone takes LSD in search for the meaning of life. They find the meaning of life, and therefore find no reason toarrow-10x10.png live anymore. As a result, they kill themselves. That someone may have friends, family or loved ones that would be negatively effected. This can happen. 

Edited by YinYang

I don't think there really is a definite answer as to whether or not someone should pursue enlightenment. I don't even think there's a definite answer to how to find happiness. All we can do is trust our inner voice, and hope that it's right. 

A lot of things can lead to sadness, sure someone on LSD might kill themselves, but in the end everyone dies anyway right? Nothing material exists for eternity. 

4 minutes ago, YinYang said:

Nothing inherently wrong with it, however it can cause a great deal of sadness.

There are people who have lost their all hopes and finding life meaningless. There are people who are ready to suicide or are on their death bed. Can they choose path of enlightenment ?

11 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

A lot of things can lead to sadness, sure someone on LSD might kill themselves, but in the end everyone dies anyway right? Nothing material exists for eternity. 

For every action there is an equal/opposite reaction. Just because we all die, does not mean that the way we die doesn't matter; it could determine what happens to us or others in the future. Everything has consequences. 

For example: If I murdered somebody, then it is all of a sudden much more likely that someone from the said persons family would try and murder me. What goes around comes around. And if we consider that reality may be infinite, then in a realm of endless possibilities it is possible that in the next life I could get murdered. 

Edited by YinYang

8 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

There are people who have lost their all hopes and finding life meaningless. There are people who are ready to suicide or are on their death bed. Can they choose path of enlightenment ?

They can if the enlightenment is something external to life, such as heaven. 

1 minute ago, YinYang said:

They can if the enlightenment is something external to life, such as heaven. 

Unless you are not ready to die, how can you know what is beyond death ? Enlightenment is a death, a psychological death.