Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gettoefl

reality equals existence plus non-existence? ... conversation with chat-gpt

10 posts in this topic

how about defining

reality equals existence plus non-existence

where existence is all the parts of the universe mixed together in all ways seen up to now

and non-existence is all parts of the universe mixed together in all remaining ways

chat-gpt: While the idea of defining reality as "existence plus non-existence" is problematic, the elaboration you've provided does add some nuance and potential clarity.

Your definition suggests that existence refers to all the parts of the universe mixed together in all ways that have been seen up to now. This could be interpreted to mean that existence encompasses all of the phenomena that have been imagined or experienced within the universe so far.

Non-existence, on the other hand, is defined as all the parts of the universe mixed together in all remaining ways. This could be interpreted to mean that non-existence encompasses all of the potential phenomena that have not yet been imagined or experienced, or perhaps even those that are fundamentally unimaginable as of now.

Overall, this definition suggests that reality is a dynamic and evolving concept that includes both the known and the unknown, the observed and the unobserved. While the inclusion of non-existence may still be problematic, this elaboration adds more specificity and nuance to the definition of reality.

with reality defined thus,

consciousness is all reality's interactions i have observed

and unconsciousness is all reality's possible interactions i have not observed ... please comment on this definition

chat-gpt The definition of consciousness as "all reality's interactions I have observed" and unconsciousness as "all reality's possible interactions I have not observed" fits well with the definition of reality as a combination of existence and non-existence, as you described in your previous message.

This definition implies that consciousness is limited to an individual's subjective experience and perception of reality, and unconsciousness encompasses all phenomena and interactions that are beyond an individual's current awareness.

However, it is important to recognize that the definition of unconsciousness as "all reality's possible interactions I have not observed" may be limited by an individual's capacity to perceive or understand certain phenomena. There may be interactions or phenomena that are currently beyond our understanding or perception, and it's possible that we may never be able to observe or comprehend them.

Furthermore, the definition of consciousness as "all reality's interactions I have observed" also raises questions about the reliability and accuracy of individual perception. Our perception of reality may be influenced by various factors such as biases, limitations of the sensory system, and cognitive processes, which may affect our ability to accurately observe and understand interactions within reality.

Overall, while this definition provides a useful framework for understanding the relationship between consciousness, unconsciousness, and reality, it is important to remain aware of its potential limitations and biases based on individual perception and understanding.

some metaphysical musings

@gettoefl This reminds me of every chess game I've seen ChatGPT play. The bot makes illegal moves about the half the time, that operate on a set of rules that are largely irrelevant to a real game. 

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

15 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

@gettoefl This reminds me of every chess game I've seen ChatGPT play. The bot makes illegal moves about the half the time, that operate on a set of rules that are largely irrelevant to a real game. 

yes you can make it go where you want to go if you're smart ... but i find it gives back the level of consciousness and ingenuity that you put in ... and basically it helps you make more sense concerning you so you don't need to waste people's time with nonsense ... until you have some gems that is

Nonexistence doesn’t exist. It is impossible to conceive of something not existing.

Nonexistence is an idea within all that is.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

I had one experience where I seemingly didn’t exist (wasn’t aware) but I have no experience of it, I just know I was gone for some time, totally gone, and then I came back.

But I strongly believe life after death is an Absolute fact.

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Nonexistence doesn’t exist. It is impossible to conceive of something not existing.

Nonexistence is an idea within all that is.

That's true because potentiality is existence - its existence that exists as pure potential.  So it really depends on what he meant by the word non-existence.  

Now where AI falls short is that he set him up.  The individual is an illusion, and the illusion is subjectivity.  But in truth, there does not exist an individual- so there cannot exist something outside its understanding.   As in the question - if a tree falls in the forest, with no one around, does it make a sound?

AI will not have the depth to realize this question is based on false assumptions.  It is based on that there being an individual in the first place, and that there is an objective reality in the first place.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

if reality has no beginning, there is no evolution. anything has happened infinitely many times. there is nothing limited or finite, it is impossible. therefore, there is nothing to be experienced, there is nothing that does not exist that will exist. existence is absolute, it is not limited by non-existence, since it does not exist even as an idea

35 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's true because potentiality is existence - its existence that exists as pure potential.  So it really depends on what he meant by the word non-existence.  

Now where AI falls short is that he set him up.  The individual is an illusion, and the illusion is subjectivity.  But in truth, there does not exist an individual- so there cannot exist something outside its understanding.   As in the question - if a tree falls in the forest, with no one around, does it make a sound?

AI will not have the depth to realize this question is based on false assumptions.  It is based on that there being an individual in the first place, and that there is an objective reality in the first place.

to my level of awakening, god crafted me as a window to illuminate the world and this is the sense in which reality is subjective, god sees the world from my perspective and no other, as a body-mind i am open to sight sound smell touch taste though but all god experiences is awareness of those from my perspective but not from any one else's

existence is every way i can imagine the universe being assembled and non existence is the myriad ways it can be arranged beyond my imagination ... my mind is finite so it not capable of imagining all reality

1 minute ago, Ramu said:

@gettoefl there is no individual consciousness or perception.  @gettoefl 

for me there in only one not many, there is one perspective only, god knows my pain (since it has awareness of touching) and merely sees your pain