Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuriloPais

How to tell if is Intuition?

13 posts in this topic

This quest came many times on my mind this week. 

Intuition is like a higher self, correct?

I was contemplating reality yesterday at 2am, and sort of thoughts and insights came. One of them, was thoughts and energy of fear, negative emotions, and one strong feeling saying that i need to stay away to one group of friends, this thoughts and energy looking inside had an idea of wasting time when with these people, that i would not grow spiritualy and financially.

The other side of spectrum, moments after this i moved to energy of courage and love, and something that i cannot explain, was saying to me that i can be with this friends, understand that they have defects, issues but are good person, can share great things to me.

Both energy looks strong in feeling, but second looked more deep, in love. Can the first be an Intuition? even with a more serious energy? Looks strange to me 

I often wondered what is actually my "intuition" and what are thoughts that I might mistake for intuition (or vice versa). I can't say in your case, but what helps me is that thoughts easily change over time while my intuition ("gut feeling") usually stays.

To find out keep in touch with what you ponder about. I am optimistic that sooner or later you will know.

Edited by theleelajoker

How do you differentiate bias and intuition?

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

If your friends lead you into habits like drinking, doing drugs or breaking the law, move away from them pronto.

If not, see how you authentically feel deep down while you are with them. This will make it clear whether they are good for you.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

4 hours ago, flowboy said:

@MuriloPais Intuition doesn't justify itself with arguments in your head.

That's how you tell the difference.

Why ego distortion of Intuition looks so real?

Is it possible that arguments come before the fake intuition? (Like thoughts saying to dont stay with this friends, and then this fake Intuition come, like if the argument appears before the main idea).

4 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

If your friends lead you into habits like drinking, doing drugs or breaking the law, move away from them pronto.

If not, see how you authentically feel deep down while you are with them. This will make it clear whether they are good for you.

Most of them like to do some social parties, we call or close friends and play some snooker, sometimes drink whisky, nothing to go Crazy. But when i'm with this boys, i feel love, like in home, everybody treat me like a person they respect a lot.

5 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

How do you differentiate bias and intuition?

The energy come in a strange feeling, idk

5 hours ago, theleelajoker said:

I often wondered what is actually my "intuition" and what are thoughts that I might mistake for intuition (or vice versa). I can't say in your case, but what helps me is that thoughts easily change over time while my intuition ("gut feeling") usually stays.

To find out keep in touch with what you ponder about. I am optimistic that sooner or later you will know.

Ooh thanks joker! I really agree with you, its kind of crazy because ego try to distort this Intuition Idea, looking really similar to the real one.

You tell if it's Intuition by intuiting it. :)

The voice of Intuition has a clarity and lightness to it. It comes with a feeling of rightness even if there's fear/shame/anger/whatever opposing it. It can be aligned with your self-interests or not, so don't judge it based on that.

Understand that Intuition is not necessarily gonna lead You to the highest material gain or pleasure. It's gonna lead You to something better.

I think of Intuition as a GPS to God. Always showing the best possible path and constantly updating. So even if You fuck up and pass the turn, You ALWAYS get a second chance. ;) How great is that?! Redemption is always possible...

Also, You can never judge in retrospect whether an intuitive decision was "good" or whether it was even coming from Intuition. Because You don't know the full picture.

7 hours ago, MuriloPais said:

The other side of spectrum, moments after this i moved to energy of courage and love, and something that i cannot explain, was saying to me that i can be with this friends, understand that they have defects, issues but are good person, can share great things to me.

This seems like Intuition.

Look, Intuition is INFINITELY personalized for You. It's aligned with your highest values and what You want out of life. It's not always the intuitive decision to stay away from lost people. But sometimes it can also tell You to do it. There are no simple answers here. Intuition will tell YOU what's best for YOU, RIGHT NOW!

And don't analyze an intuitive choice because it's not meant to be analyzed. You won't comprehend the Infinite Intelligence of Intuition anyway. You are a million times stupider so your best bet is to HAVE FAITH and go where it's guiding You. Don't dissect the choices it's suggesting, You will only fuck it up.

That's my 2 cents. If You have questions, lemme know. I think Intuition is the greatest gift ever and I absolutely fucking love it.

Edited by Sincerity

Your mind is a machine that theoretically should have the function of aligning your inner being with external reality as much as possible. Its sensations and impulses tend to it. what happens is that it is normally corrupted by ideas imposed from the outside. then we differentiate between the normal activity of the mind, usually corrupted, and the deeper activity that tends to the alignment and we call intuition. This is very confusing and the ideal would be for the normal daily activity to be parallel to the profound activity. Imagine that you have been brought up in Iran telling you that nothing can be more despicable than being gay, and you go through life thinking that, and when you see a certain guy your intuition tells you to approach him... That's it.

The point is to erase as soon as possible all the toxic garbage that goes against your alignment, which is something necessary for you, and equalize intuition with normal mental activity.

Edited by Breakingthewall

have to stop thinking and let the absolute speak to you

good signs of it are peace and confidence