OBEler

Insights from Scientology

11 posts in this topic

I dont like Scientology at all from what I heard, still I am curious about their techniques and insights about human psyche. They could have good insights or already known stuff about spirituality. 

So I ask if anyone here had studied their stuff and got some value? 

I know this topic existed some years ago but I ask again out of curiosity. 

It's a cult of gullible people, who have been brainwashed by a corporation that has made billions of dollars off their ignorance, based on a failed science fiction writer con man, who openly admitted he could make more money starting a religion, based on one of his scfi-fi stories. There's nothing of value here, but sadness that this exists. 

@Sempiternity I know the Story. Still they could have developed some good techniques. 

This thread should not be a discussion about how bad or ridiculous they are. I hope everyone know this already. 

Just wondering about possibility of gaining some techniques or insights from them like models of the human psyche which are valuable and different from the common ones shared here or powerful techniques to predict human behaviour. Anything? 

Edited by OBEler

You can look into free zone scientology.

It's people who use the techniques without being a part of the church.

Years ago I had roomates who were scientologists.  They woke up to the scam and left.  But they still claimed that the auditing worked.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

What I do find good is that they question the psychiatric institution,  but it comes in a form of demonization and they don't offer healthy alternatives either but exploitation. So maybe it isn't that good after all.

Let Love In

@Lila9 they just look for an enemy.i dont think they mean that seriously. It's all about group bonding  and mental ill people have probably bad experiences from psychiatric institutions so scientology gives them an alternative

It's all so sad. Scientology is so old school no one can take them seriously today I think. At least in germany 

“Scientology view is that a person does not have a soul, it is a soul. It is the belief of the religion that they do not have the power to force adherents' conclusions. Therefore, a person is immortal, and may be reincarnated if they wish. Scientologists view that one's future happiness and immortality, as guided by their spirituality, is influenced by how they live and act during their time on earth.”

That shit sounds true.

@Rahra they took Buddhismus and gave this a new scientific esoterik terminology. So it will be more appealing for westerners

7 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Rahra they took Buddhismus and gave this a new scientific esoterik terminology. So it will be more appealing for westerners

Perhabs.