Rishabh R

Contemplation: Why am I suffering ?

11 posts in this topic

-Cause I am assuming that I know the truth 

-Cause I am not seeing other's suffering 

-Because I don't understand that other suffer 

-Cause I think that I am the only one who suffers

-Because I don't understand the irrationality of my emotions 

-Cause I think that everyone has reached the end point of success and I am in the starting point 

-Cause I don't know that success has no end point and failure is temporary 

-Cause I don't know that success is also temporary

Any thought @Leo Gura and people ?

Because you care, desire, and are selfish and life is selfless. The short answer is limited perception or ignorance/selfishness/bias. 

But suffering isn’t necessarily a bad thing. True suffering is perceiving this Heaven as Hell. True freedom is perceiving Hell as Heaven. In between these two is the process of life. The Buddha was wrong. Life isn’t suffering. Life is perception. Life is states of consciousness. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

Because you are selfish and lack Consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I recommend first questioning What is suffering?

Is it the same as pain?

I haven't done this contemplation yet.

Edited by UnbornTao

Guys could you point out the truth that I am avoiding  cause I  am suffering due to images of past such as threat , rejections, heartbreak coming to my mind .

Hell isn’t a place, it is a perception. It is all perception!!! It is about how you interpret and think about your life. It is your philosophy that makes you suffer or flourish.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

There will always be something to be sad about. Or you will worry about your future.

You want to rise up.

Edited by hyruga

Because I protest dropping my false ideas about how the world works.

- Cause you insist on imposing your desires upon the cosmos, instead of surrendering to the gift of the cosmos working through you

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 2/25/2023 at 10:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

Because you are selfish and lack Consciousness.

This.

Our selfishness and ego create great suffering.

It might help to look around you and see how suffering there is everywhere, and that everyone is suffering and this is not something that is unique to you. Some suffer more than you, others less. But everyone is in suffering.

I think that this is why Buddha abandoned his luxury life and went out to see the suffering on the streets, of old age, diseases, hunger. Even though his father tried to protect him from seeing this, B probobly sensed that he should have wider perspective on the suffering of others to understand and transcend his own ego and selfishness. Because even if you live in a palace and you have everything you need or desire, your ego still has the capacity to create problems out of nothing and suffer as a result of that.

Let Love In