Did Leo change his perspective on this? Still confused

175 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

it's not just others don't exist, you don't exist

look in the mirror right now, that isn't you wakey wakey

your body-mind are appearance like all else you see

nothing about you is real

you haven't gone deep enough with self enquiry

What about the direct experience? Is it real?

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

What about the direct experience? Is it real?

of course and whose is it?

3 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

of course and whose is it?

nobody's, is what you are, direct experience, or in other words, existence. It doesn't matter if it looks like a guy looking in the mirror or whatever, it's what it's being

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

nobody's, is what you are, direct experience, or in other words, existence. It doesn't matter if he looks like a guy looking in the mirror or whatever, it's what it's being

solispism is an ego trumpeting godship

impossible since it never existed in the first place

Just now, gettoefl said:

solispism is an ego trumpeting godship

impossible since it never existed in the first place

No, it is to realize the infinite depth of the direct experience . direct experience is existence. It seems limited but it is not. the ego is part of direct experience, like the others and anything else, since only direct experience exists, and outside of it there is nothing. You are not the person, obviously, you are the direct experience where appears a person that apparently is perceiving. there is always a direct experience, it is eternal, and that is what you are.

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

No, it is to realize the infinite depth of the direct experience . direct experience is existence. It seems limited but it is not. the ego is part of direct experience, like the others and anything else, since only direct experience exists, and outside of it there is nothing. You are not the person, obviously, you are the direct experience where appears a person that apparently is perceiving. there is always a direct experience, it is eternal, and that is what you are.

yes tend to agree ... ego feels it is an independent doer ... but god is all the moving parts of reality interacting seemlessly, god receives it witnesses it appreciates it, loves all the to and fro it created for itself

9 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

yes tend to agree ... ego feels it is an independent doer ... but god is all the moving parts of reality interacting seemlessly, god receives it witnesses it appreciates it, loves all the to and fro it created for itself

yes, but there is a difference. your ego is alive, that is, it is part of real existence, it is absolute infinity pretending to have limits, on the other hand, I, with whom you are talking, am not alive, it is like superman talking to his father's hologram. It seems that he is alive and acts as such, but he is not, he was. but currently it has no real existence, it is just an image from another time. and you to me are exactly the same. we are not two beings that exist sharing a conversation, only one exists

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

yes, but there is a difference. your ego is alive, that is, it is part of real existence, it is absolute infinity pretending to have limits, on the other hand, I, with whom you are talking, am not alive, it is like superman talking to his father's hologram. It seems that he is alive and acts as such, but he is not, he was. but currently it has no real existence, it is just an image from another time. and you to me are exactly the same. we are not two beings that exist sharing a conversation, only one exists

having no free will, ego is an automaton, it proceeds and retreats based on causes and conditions, not something for me to pay attention to

4 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

having no free will, ego is an automaton, it proceeds and retreats based on causes and conditions, not something for me to pay attention to

I didn't mean the ego, i mean the direct experience that you are. There is nothing outside, there is not outside, you are the absolute, that's the solipsism is 

I am now the father of Superman sending a message that will be received when I do not exist, or well, when I'm don't exist as this concrete experience 

So can all of you “truth realized” beings start posting fluently in foreign languages you’ve never learned? Surely as an omniscient God who created all languages you should know and understand all languages?   

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I didn't mean the ego, i mean the direct experience that you are. There is nothing outside, there is not outside, you are the absolute, that's the solipsism is

solipsism is misleading ... people use to claim they are god ... no you are not god, god is you and uncountably more beside

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the direct experience is everyone's direct experience, god basks in it all not just one random ego's

3 minutes ago, Deadpixel said:

So can all of you “truth realized” beings start posting fluently in foreign languages you’ve never learned? Surely as an omniscient God who created all languages you should know and understand all languages?   

No man, i am just an experience that is happening, existence flowing in constant change, I only do what I do at the moment, and that does not include knowing 17 languages

6 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

the direct experience is everyone's direct experience, god basks in it all not just one random ego's

god does not do any of that, god is direct experience, and there is nothing outside of it because it is existence. It is infinity, and it is this right now and there is nothing else, and it's you (I am you sending you a message from the past, I do not exist in your when ?)

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

god does not do any of that, god is direct experience, and there is nothing outside of it because it is existence. It is infinity, and it is this right now and there is nothing else, and it's you (I am your father sending you a message from the past, I do not exist in your when ?)

i do completely agree since if it is direct experience it is within the field of cognition and therefore god is that experiencing taking place

Just now, gettoefl said:

i do completely agree since if it is direct experience it is within the field of cognition and therefore god is that experiencing taking place

Exactly, so if god is that experience, that experience is infinite so absolute, and there is not outside.

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Exactly, so if god is that experience, that experience is infinite so absolute, and there is not outside.

yes no doubt ... my only roadblock is if you stab me god feels it but if i stab you does god feel it too

11 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

@Matthew85 does your intuition and direct experience also tell you that others are obviously real when you dream at night?

@Arthogaan Interesting question. I haven't reached a defintive answer on this yet. It depends on how you define "real".

7 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

yes no doubt ... my only roadblock is if you stab me god feels it but if i stab you does god feel it too

Well, anything is imaginary, what we are talking about, the stabbings, all the same. let's say that everything is an opera where the absolute imagines a choreography and then acts in it. Today we do the part in which I stab, tomorrow I put myself in the place of the stabbed, but not both at the same time, since if there is something outside of me, that something would be a limit, and limits do not exist in the infinity . The finite doesn't exist, it's just the infinity appearing to be finite

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, anything is imaginary, what we are talking about, the stabbings, all the same. let's say that everything is an opera where the absolute imagines a choreography and then acts in it. Today we do the part in which I stab, tomorrow I put myself in the place of the stabbed, but not both at the same time, since if there is something outside of me, that something would be a limit, and limits do not exist in the infinity . The finite doesn't exist, it's just the infinity appearing to be finite

yes so no is the answer until karma comes to get ya