Juan

Frank Yang on TOE with Curt Jaimungal Interview

593 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Leo Gura After seeing this communication, and that you called the user a 'fucking idiot' on the message you sent when you banned them, I'm done being a mod on this server.

To continue being a mod on here simply contradicts too many of my values now.

I understand. Thank you for your service.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Leo Gura After seeing this communication, and that you called the user a 'fucking idiot' on the message you sent when you banned them, I'm done being a mod on this server.

To continue being a mod on here simply contradicts too many of my values now.

Thank God!

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

We should all learn to temper our expectations when it comes to how Leo should act and talk. There are no "shoulds" in reality (from an Absolute perspective).

This is a perfect exercise for all of us to practice non-attachment.

2 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

But you've also lost a great mod and had a bunch of your otherwise loyal and trusting students wonder "is Leo okay? Should I really take what he says about awakening seriously?"

Was there really no better way to communicate what you wanted to say?

This is all form and style. This is not the core of the teachings. 

If someone is too hang up on a form and constantly whining about it, that seems like a good filter for getting rid of not serious seekers which spread more toxicity than all harsh Leo comments combined.:ph34r:

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Flyboy Do not be confused. This is said not out of ego, or to abuse you, but because it must be said in order to get your mind to understand the seriousness of what is being taught. If I don't yell at you, you are not going to take this seriously enough. I don't enjoy having to do this. I do this as a last resort when all other means have failed. If the nice approach worked, it would have worked, but it didn't work. So here we are. Nice is a luxury we can afford most of the time. But not HERE. Not on this issue! This issue is unlike any other issue. This is not like any other disagreement. On this hinges your whole understanding of God. I am here to ensure that you take things seriously enough to reach a level of God that no one else on this planet can guide you to. That is my role here. My role is not to be your friend. I am not your therapist either. I am here to uphold a standard. The HIGHEST standard. In order to provoke you into pursing the highest levels of Consciousness. This is very serious. Your emotions cannot matter here.

I want you to seriously contemplate all this. There is a very deep lesson here for you.

I understand where you're coming from... I have a similar drive to grab someone by the hair and shove their face in the Truth...

But I also remember that everyone has a right to be completely delusional. What if they like being a silly spiritual ego? Who am I to ruin their dream?

If someone wants to understand and is open... then guiding them is easy.

If they are being stubborn and closed... you can try the "grab by the hair and shove their face in the truth" approach but it's a risky one that doesn't always work...

At some point you can just let another person be deluded knowing that that is their wish. Honor their delusion as their choice (if it cannot be helped).

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I thought that God is so unconditionally loving that He even loves you when you choose delusion over Truth?

God would never try to force you to awaken even if you'd rather be lost in the dream...

God loves delusion... it's a masterpiece of retardation!

And by the way, Leo... if God was able to lead you to the mountaintop... I'm sure that He can similarly help others there as well... but their path may not be a straight line. Sometimes someone has to be super deluded about their own spirituality because they have to experience first-hand what reality is NOT so that they can have a more clear picture when they finally realize what reality IS.

(I get that if someone is trying to put words in your mouth that you didn't say or to twist your teachings into something that they aren't meant to be... it's important to have strong boundaries held up by a bit of healthy stage Red)

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

9 minutes ago, Adam M said:

I thought that God is so unconditionally loving that He even loves you when you choose delusion over Truth?

God indeed does love that and God also loves his own harsh-tough-love reaction to such behaviour.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Drama free zone

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Lol, I support leo in this one. 

You guys are sometimes too soft I feel Or take things on face value without much contemplation. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not be confused. This is said not out of ego, or to abuse you, but because it must be said in order to get your mind to understand the seriousness of what is being taught. If I don't yell at you, you are not going to take this seriously enough. I don't enjoy having to do this. I do this as a last resort when all other means have failed. If the nice approach worked, it would have worked, but it didn't work. So here we are. Nice is a luxury we can afford most of the time. But not HERE. Not on this issue! This issue is unlike any other issue. This is not like any other disagreement. On this hinges your whole understanding of God. I am here to ensure that you take things seriously enough to reach a level of God that no one else on this planet can guide you to. That is my role here. My role is not to be your friend. I am not your therapist either. I am here to uphold a standard. The HIGHEST standard. In order to provoke you into pursing the highest levels of Consciousness. This is very serious. Your emotions cannot matter here.

I want you to seriously contemplate all this. There is a very deep lesson here for you.

Thanks for the explanation. Already assumed this to be the reason of your communications, but it's still good to have it cleared up. I agree, Truth is more important than ego or personal feelings.

Edited by Mormegil

I want to open up and say that when Leo corrected me a week ago in a “harsh” manner, it actually shifted my perspective for the better.

Of course, I was pissed and confused at myself for the first hour or so, but I wised up and actually contemplated what he was pointing at. I had an awakening experience that same night.

What teaching method works for one will not necessarily work for another. And that’s ok. That’s the beauty of life.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

@Leo Gura I think many people will stop questioning and criticizing you here if you simply rename "forum" to "school".

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

People think they can come to a forum a guy runs, verbally abuse him all they want and if he reacts they get upset, play victim. 

Generally, I do not condone that type of language but at the same time. 

Thank you Leo for keeping the forum open despite all the assholes you deal with. 

I enjoy my time here with you all. I respect Leo and understand why he is upset. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Thought Art said:

People think they can come to a forum a guy runs, verbally abuse him all they want and if he reacts they get upset, play victim. 

I can sympathize with being fed up with being told "you ain't shit" by some random dudes on the internet day-in and day-out. Imagine if the forum was a corporation and Leo was the CEO and people went up to him regularly to say "you ain't shit". Those people would disappear pretty quickly.

On the other hand, this is a forum, and returning the abuse in a public manner like this sets a bad example. It puts the law-abiding forum members in a double-bind: "should I follow the guidelines or should I follow the owner? The owner regularly calls people idiots, so why can't I?" Also, it just makes people confused and forces them to make up elaborate excuses for behavior that they know is not ok.

So what should Leo do? Shut down the forum? Go for a walk? Meditate? That's up to him, but I will keep making the same point every time something like this happens.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

On the other hand, this is a forum, and returning the abuse in a public manner like this sets a bad example. It puts the law-abiding forum members in a double-bind: "should I follow the guidelines or should I follow the owner? The owner regularly calls people idiots, so why can't I?" And also, it just makes people confused and forces them to make up elaborate excuses for behavior that they know is not ok.

Implying that you can tell good from bad behavior.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Just now, Nilsi said:

Implying that you can tell good from bad behavior.

I think the guidelines is a good metric in this case.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

35 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

enjoy my time here with you all. I respect Leo and understand why he is upset. 

Me too and agree . Thanks to this forum for existing. If it didn't exist, I would go crazy ?. awakening is real, it is reality. is the most important thing there is. the rest are nonsense. It's a miracle that this forum exists. thank you all for posting

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

I think the guidelines is a good metric in this case.

Ok that's fair lol.

Down with the guidelines!!!

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Drama free zone

I was just thinking how great the acting was

Sailing on the ceiling