Juan

Frank Yang on TOE with Curt Jaimungal Interview

593 posts in this topic

@Danioover9000 Zen Devils have conscious, yet malicious manipulative intents. He doesn't seem that way.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Leo says someone is full of shit - just telling the truth.

Someone says Leo is full of shit - gaslighting.

Edited by vladorion

On 02/03/2023 at 10:02 PM, Flyboy said:

As someone that understands both Frank and Leo deeply, I can just say one thing: Leo is the one that is full of shit.  Sorry dude, you have gone way off the deep end into a narcissistic rabbit hole centered around your own deepest conditioning, the desire to know.  And of course the irony is that the desire to know is why you cannot know.  The desire to understand is why you don't understand.

The way you talk about Frank and the rest of spirituality betrays a deep ignorance of what any of it is about or how any of it works.  You did so fucking little of the work yourself that you never even got a taste of what is even being pointed to before you took psychedelic easy street.  Like your 10 day retreats?  Such a joke.  You checked your phone and cooked yourself big meals and filmed birds and made videos.  That is not a meditation retreat.  You constantly berate people to "do the work" when it has always been YOU that can't do the work, it has always been YOU that is stuck in concepts and contractions.  You are lazy and selfish, and always have been.  The sad part is that you are too inauthentic to truly admit this to yourself, which you have avoided by generating up this massive scaffolding of "work" that is really just a giant pile of bullshit that you hide behind.  You are very nearly schizophrenic in the way that you are disconnected from life, other people, embodied reality, and the sheer presence of being... lost in a web of concepts and "trust me I tripped hard" beliefs, none of which are even close to the Truth.  Every post you make is fraught with contraction, anger, pettiness, and this shriveled sniveling ego that sucks itself off with every word.  I see your suffering.  You suffer deeply, and the harder into this you go the worse it gets.

Were you not the cult leader of this unfortunate gang, I'd feel really sorry and compassionate for you.  But it deeply saddens me to see the harm you do to some of these people who are honestly searching.  Friends, have the courage to see beyond this framework of concepts and ideas to see that there is a deep and real truth here that is beyond any understanding, any knowing, any experience.  The heart of this is simple, profound, and beyond any words, but it requires first and foremost love for yourself beyond all limits.  A love so strong it unifies you in a way YOU could never do, but that can only happen through grace and surrender.  Frank Yang did this, for real.  So have many others.  Listen to them, open your heart, and follow that feeling inside you that resists.  The feeling of resistance will lead you deeper and deeper.  Follow it, accept it, allow it, love it and surrender, again and again.  Look, and truly see <3

Well said. I feel the same way. 

On 02/03/2023 at 10:09 PM, Flyboy said:

@UnbornTao You didn't even read my post then.  For what it's worth, I've watched almost all of his 500 videos and read dozens of his books, and done many psychedelics, so I'd say I have an idea.  I've also meditated for thousands of hours, nearly died from a major illness, and read and explored far beyond Leo AFTER having understood the body of his work.  I once believed him, but eventually came to my own conclusions, and I only offer them here because I believe many people desperately need to hear them.

How significant was it for you to nearly die from this major illness ?

I have myself a serious illness that is teaching me a lot, but I haven't fully faced my fear of dying yet.

3 hours ago, knakoo said:

Well said. I feel the same way. 

It's extremely difficult to understand leo. I thought the same than flyboy said many times. He shows little patience with others, he has very little empathy, he repeats that he is the only awake person in the world, which makes many think he is crazy, he says incomprehensible things like that he wants to transform into a alien in front of the cameras, he is intimidating when he interacts with others, he likes to go to clubs to pick up girls, all that. but the reality is that leo has discovered the true awakening. Leo understands reality better than anyone. Sounds extremely stupid, but Leo is more awakened than Buda and Ramana maharshi ?. It's true, not a joke. That being said, don't believe Leo, but he can serve as inspiration and guidance.

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

It's extremely difficult to understand leo. I thought the same than flyboy said many times. He shows little patience with others, he has very little empathy, he repeats that he is the only awake person in the world, which makes many think he is crazy, he says incomprehensible things like that he wants to transform into a alien in front of the cameras, he is intimidating when he interacts with others, he likes to go to clubs to pick up girls, all that. but the reality is that leo has discovered the true awakening. Leo understands reality better than anyone. Sounds extremely stupid, but Leo is more awakened than Buda and Ramana maharshi ?. It's true, not a joke. That being said, don't believe Leo, but he can serve as inspiration and guidance.

Very well put.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

It's extremely difficult to understand leo.

It's really not. He has certainly had very deep experiences on psychedelics, he has built a hugely successful self-improvement platform with great quality content that covers a broad spectrum and also dives deep philosophically, and he is good a teaching those things. But that doesn't make him a saint.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's really not. He has certainly had very deep experiences on psychedelics, he has built a hugely successful self-improvement platform with great quality content that covers a broad spectrum and also dives deep philosophically, and he is good a teaching those things. But that doesn't make him a saint.

Makes him a sage though -_-.

And who could argue with Wilber's absolutely unambiguous ranking of the sage being a more highly developed being than the saint ;).

IMG_20230310_184820__01.jpg

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's really not.

I think that actually depends on how much you want to understand what Leo is pointing at. Understanding the deepest levels of his teachings will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, without having any kind of mystical experience and/or taking psychedelics.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

40 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Leo is more awakened than Buda and Ramana maharshi ?. It's true, not a joke.

Ah... ashram glue?... or a dad hub? (air man)

Apparently.

2 hours ago, axiom said:

Ah... ashram glue?... or a dad hub? (air man)

just my opinion. since I have not seen in others understanding at that level. It may sound silly to you because you don't see the understanding that I have, but it is what it is. btw, I don't usually watch his videos. I have seen two or three. For what? they are just words. but leo understands infinity, the level of depth he has reached is incomprehensible, I would say. I would say that I have been in the point of Leo for some years ago, starting to get used to infinity. I understand what he's doing, although I am at a more initial point. of course, you are free to think that this is bullshit. I'd tell you that this is the way to get out of the prison of the mind, to expand to infinity and multiply your level of consciousness, we will see how far 

Again, I'd recommend you: become infinite. Many times. This is the way of understanding, freedom, evolution 

9 hours ago, knakoo said:

How significant was it for you to nearly die from this major illness ?

I have myself a serious illness that is teaching me a lot, but I haven't fully faced my fear of dying yet.

My girlfriend told me it was like the universe took a wrecking ball to my ego.  For me, it was facing death, truly.  There were a handful of nights that were so bad that I simply closed my eyes in surrender, not knowing if I would ever open them again.  I am very grateful that I had already found spirituality before this happened, as I did my best to bring deeper and deeper levels of equanimity to the extreme pain and suffering... But it still overwhelmed me.  It crushed me like a tidal wave, taking me to my limit and beyond.  At some point there is only surrender.  I am still here somehow, and I continue to bring this surrender to my journey day after day, and it continues to progress, though "I" am certainly not the one doing it.  But I have tried to channel all the love in my heart into a single intention: to come Home, no matter if the cost is all the pain in the universe, no matter if the cost is my life.  Love is the heart of truth, but the road to it is the embracing of every single moment, and the letting go of every single trace of resistance no matter the cost.  And the cost is everything.

I offer you my deepest compassion for what you're going through.  Something that has helped me is to ask the universe for 3 things: wisdom, courage, and grace.  The wisdom to find the next step, the courage to take it and face my fear, and most importantly, grace to do what I CANNOT DO.  It is not in your power to truly let go.  You must be taken. <3

Edited by Flyboy

@Breakingthewall The “way out” of the prison of the mind is simply walking free. There are no bars.

The “way in” to the prison of the mind is the getting caught up in ideas of free will, choice, purpose, meaning, “a path” etc.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

@Breakingthewall The “way out” of the prison of the mind is simply walking free. There are no bars.

You are a door, a jail that imprision the infinity. Your mind is a very complex structure, with many layers, designed to keep you in the illusion of finiteness. it's almost impossible to break this without chemistry. and with chemistry it is not easy

@Breakingthewall The illusion of finitude is the labelling, meaning-making, ownership-claiming, taking-a-stake in what already is infinity.

No special method need be used to access infinity. Infinity is all there is. There is nothing else.

Psychedelics do not show you infinity any more than a grain of sand does. What they do is show you novelty, what seems to be extreme depth, extreme apparent “understanding”, an extreme sense of profundity etc. They might even seem to dissolve the self for a while.

And then the self comes back online and claims “I am God!”

This  is like falling at the last hurdle. Psychedelics seem to actually amplify ego substantially. Some might say this is the opposite direction to any sort of escape…

So long as there is a self, it is a dream.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 minute ago, axiom said:

And then the mind comes back online and claims it: “I am God!” … this is like falling at the last hurdle ;-)

It's funny now. But it seems so true at the time. ?

1 hour ago, axiom said:

Psychedelics do not show you infinity any more than a grain of sand does. What they do is show you novelty, what seems to be extreme depth, extreme apparent “understanding”, an extreme sense of profundity etc. They might even seem to dissolve the self for a while.

Yes ,I could spend my life drunk, surrounded by prostitutes and snorting cocaine and that would be infinity. but the reality is that there is a movie that seems to be happening. I choose to get out of the movie and plunge into the present moment, and expand it, break its apparent limitation and realize its infinity. I am this present moment, nothing else exists. the whole movie is just a movie. but it's well done and it catches me, I can't get out of it, I can't get off the train. It is moving and does not stop. I want to stop, completely. so i vape 20mg of 5 meo dmt, which is nothing more than an illusion within the film, but it erases the film, stops the train. there is no longer a movie, there is an absence of limits, nothing more. absolute freedom of the infinite present moment. and I realize that I am that. Limitless depth...and then, you realize what you are. Absolute. Perfection. God. Hallelujah.

2 hours ago, Flyboy said:

My girlfriend told me it was like the universe took a wrecking ball to my ego.  For me, it was facing death, truly.  There were a handful of nights that were so bad that I simply closed my eyes in surrender, not knowing if I would ever open them again.  I am very grateful that I had already found spirituality before this happened, as I did my best to bring deeper and deeper levels of equanimity to the extreme pain and suffering... But it still overwhelmed me.  It crushed me like a tidal wave, taking me to my limit and beyond.  At some point there is only surrender.  I am still here somehow, and I continue to bring this surrender to my journey day after day, and it continues to progress, though "I" am certainly not the one doing it.  But I have tried to channel all the love in my heart into a single intention: to come Home, no matter if the cost is all the pain in the universe, no matter if the cost is my life.  Love is the heart of truth, but the road to it is the embracing of every single moment, and the letting go of every single trace of resistance no matter the cost.  And the cost is everything.

I offer you my deepest compassion for what you're going through.  Something that has helped me is to ask the universe for 3 things: wisdom, courage, and grace.  The wisdom to find the next step, the courage to take it and face my fear, and most importantly, grace to do what I CANNOT DO.  It is not in your power to truly let go.  You must be taken. <3

:x

14 hours ago, axiom said:

Psychedelics do not show you infinity any more than a grain of sand does

but the goal of doing 5meo or psychedelics in general, at first, is not to realize things and then remember them, that's memory, ego. It is to thin out the barrier of space-time illusion that veils the reality of what we are, to see through it permanently. once this is achieved, the psychedelic trip no longer aims to break the deception, but to delve into the truth, for pleasure, beauty and understanding, since psychedelic trip is not different than sober state, both are just the reality . The difference is that in a sober state, a huge part of you is focused on the space-time illusion, on functioning and surviving.

the thing is: are you aware that right now you are the infinite making love to itself? And if so, how deep is your love? this is what it all comes down to 

god, as the bible says, is the verb. It is the infinite act of making love, which arises spontaneously due to the absence of limits. you are that eternal act. Understanding is a tool to deepen that act.  the human kit is a very obsolete device and difficult for this purpose. It is full of obstacles that prevent seeing. we are emerging from the mud. That's why we have to use psychedelics. But well, psychedelic are part of the human device, maybe it have a lot of possibilities if it's well used.   this is the game. let's play it thoroughly