Juan

Frank Yang on TOE with Curt Jaimungal Interview

593 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not entirely sure, but I've reached levels of Consciousness so high that all form melts away and I enter into pure formless Omniscience.

Ak heeem(throat clearing sound)... hello? That sounds like the end goal of buddhism to me ? 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

LEOOOOOOOOOOOO

Check out this buddhist. Very awake. Very cool. Very nice ;)

Starts from 25min mark. Warning tho, it may change your opinion about buddhism... your precious hate towards it i mean. ? 

Edited by Salvijus

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Ak heeem(throat clearing sound)... hello? That sounds like the end goal of buddhism to me ? 

Whats funny is what he calls alien consciousness is formless consciousness.   It is not human consciousness.   It is consciousness minus the human.   So from that perspective, sure, it's alien. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Whats funny is what he calls alien consciousness is formless consciousness.   It is not human consciousness.   It is consciousness minus the human.   So from that perspective, sure, it's alien. 

I don't see anything alien about it. Eliminating all defilements of the ego and experiencing pure primordial womb of existence minus all influence whatsoever is classic buddhism 101.

@Leo Gura What do you think of Ralston's teachings? How would you compare them to Buddhism or Vipassana?

Do you think what Ralston teaches is closer to what you refer to as God than Buddhism?

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For example, I've become conscious that our entire universe is just a molecule within an alien God-Mind that exists on a higher dimension, which is using all the conscious experience of the universe to fuel it's own intelligence process, in order to understand itself deeper and accessing ever higher categories of metaphysical Love.

Honestly this sounds like a weed insight. When You look at it, wouldn't You say that's only story?

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

which I was in before I was born as a human.

And that too?

I don't mean to sound dismissive. I've been awakening so much all month but now I think to myself that it all has been human bs... pointers like "Dream", describing IT even with words like "God" or "Consciousness", stories about how the Universe is... I sense it's all only human comprehension and that I have never really gone beyond my limited human understanding. ☹️ Lately I've been trying to focus only on PURE BEING but I couldn't do it. Yeah, I awakened further and it could be said it was amazing but I'm not satisfied... I feel like humanness is constricting me.

The point is, aren't all stories of what God is bullshit? Aren't ALL ways of understanding not IT and therefore insufficient? I'm starting to doubt the value of understanding (through being) and I feel like going for only BEING. Because hell, what compares to IT..?

Edited by Sincerity

23 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

The point is, aren't all stories of what God is bullshit? Aren't ALL ways of understanding not IT and therefore insufficient? I'm starting to doubt the value of understanding and I feel like going for BEING. Because hell, what compares to IT...?

That's Leo is talking about sounds like exploration of the dream , expand your consciousness. Sounds quite fascinating. 

the real understanding of what existence is. the deep exploration of what we are, break the surface and dive. sounds irresistible to me

@Leo Gura

And it took me a long time to realize how foolish I was for blindly trusting these Buddhists, as if they are some authorities on the subject of Consciousness.

If you were starting now, with the advice that you currently give, to not trust blindly to Buddhists, what would you do differently? You wouldn't spend much time with meditation and do more psychedelics? Or what?

27 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

The point is, aren't all stories of what God is bullshit? Aren't ALL ways of understanding not IT and therefore insufficient? I'm starting to doubt the value of understanding

Yes!

Everything is IT already, including apparent understanding.

Infinity cannot be circumscribed in any way. It cannot be defined nor understood.

"Understanding" is to live in separation. 

"Consciousness" is also to live in separation, but that seems to be a particularly hard pill to swallow.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

8 minutes ago, axiom said:

Understanding" is to live in separation.

infinity is infinite intelligence. to say that you cannot understand is to limit. 

without understanding there is no freedom or awakening

53 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That's Leo is talking about sounds like exploration of the dream , expand your consciousness. Sounds quite fascinating. 

the real understanding of what existence is. the deep exploration of what we are, break the surface and dive. sounds irresistible to me

I'm in it for the exploration. I'm in it for experience. I'm in it for BEING.

But I'm starting to doubt the understanding, the interpretations, the stories. Especially my own, of course.

52 minutes ago, axiom said:

Everything is IT already, including apparent understanding.

Sure, everything is IT always. But that says nothing about the course of action, the guiding value motivating You to awaken.

"Understanding" is to live in separation. 

I'm starting to sense the same. Although I don't know what Leo means by understanding.

Even though it's understanding through being (and not merely intellectual ofc), I feel like there's still separation there. Why not be through being instead of understanding through being...?

"Consciousness" is also to live in separation, but that seems to be a particularly hard pill to swallow.

I don't know what You mean. Do You mean the pointer is not It?

Edited by Sincerity

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

And it took me a long time to realize how foolish I was for blindly trusting these Buddhists, as if they are some authorities on the subject of Consciousness.

Of course.

I am pointing out the traps and limits of the tool.

It should be mentioned that Buddhism doesn’t focus on consciousness as a goal.  The goal is to end “suffering”.   The Buddha was focused on “suffering” and all his teachings were directed to that which ends “suffering”.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Sincerity That which guides you to awaken is what keeps you asleep (not you personally, but “you”)

The self will keep chasing its own tail until it exhausts itself. Spirituality is just another excuse among many, another distraction from IT. It’s a very addictive excuse too - it engages the self like nothing else. 

I say that “understanding” is to live in separation because nothing can actually be “understood” without apparent subject / object duality. That is, the thing to be understood and the understanding of the thing. This is not what is actually happening. Things arise and that is all.

That is to say that everything is completely meaningless, including this.

“Pure consciousness” (which is really just the last bastion of hope for the self) requires an observer - the observer may seem to be there on a much more subtle level, or perhaps even not at all, but it is still there (as an illusion)

Consciousness is not what it seems to be. That’s the end point of this whole thing. The entire illusion of self is constructed around it.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

8 minutes ago, axiom said:

That is to say that everything is completely meaningless, including this

reality is absolutely deliberate and purposeful. there is no duality in understanding because it is understanding yourself, since you are reality. you understand yourself to some extent, you can understand yourself more deeply, and you can understand yourself totally. there is nothing outside of you, this is what it is, and that's it. only that "this" is very variable, and the understanding of this, even more variable

@Breakingthewall

I would say that reality is not deliberate, and that it has absolutely no purpose. There can be no purpose without anyone there to assign it.

There can be apparent understanding of a thing (including yourself), but this is only in the dream.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 minute ago, axiom said:

There can be no purpose without anyone there to assign it.

Reality itself is the "anyone". There is no other, just the reality. And the reality is exactly this. The reality create itself with a purpose, with a sense, an intention. it is the apparent separate self that veils the understanding of this. reality understands itself

Frank Yang he’s the universal basic income guy right.

Yang Gang

So far it has some interesting takes here and there that I haven’t heard of. Now when he said “I don’t know what death is”, for me that is like a sign that a person haven’t reached awakening yet. When you said you transcended the self and there is no ego(aka ego death) I guess you should be able to tell? Makes sense? 

Edited by Juan